New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

SteveL replied on 23/10/2022 22:26

Posted on 23/10/2022 21:26 by Confused Bobdog

Currently getting 78mbs. Never had a problem with the old system it was flawless. New system is just so glitchy, can’t even zoom out the map without at least a 30 second wait for something to happen. 

Posted on 23/10/2022 22:26

I would suggest it is a device issue then. On my iPad with a slightly slower link the map zooms in and out relatively smoothly. The only time I have had anything close to what you describe, is on site Wifi with only a 1 / 2 mbs speed.

Mikenbike replied on 23/10/2022 22:51

Posted on 23/10/2022 18:48 by JVB66

IMHO this booking system after several dates of introduction passed,  that it was pressure from above that caused it to be introduced when it was not ,and still is not ,ready for introduction for use by the majority of membership 

As was intimated to me  when I had to contact one of this clubs call centres to amend a booking that I had  found far to complicated for me to see how to do it, (it took 17mins to get through)

Ps my booking that I needed to amend did not show our mobile  number and even had a registration number that was not for our pvc 

Posted on 23/10/2022 22:51

Re the incorrect vehicle registration, I had the same experience, as have others. 

I complained that the Club is not protecting our data properly, in accordance with the law, and is instead allowing leakage between members' records.

The response was that they take data security seriously and the system has simply been 'overloaded'.

Having spent an entire 40 year career in IT, in a heavily data-sensitive environment, I know full well this is complete garbage.  An overloaded system simply grinds to a halt.  It does NOT start moving data randomly between different records. 

The new system is riddled with bugs and there's a fair chance it's now operating illegally by contravening the Data Protection Act 2018.  

Amesford replied on 24/10/2022 01:43

Posted on 24/10/2022 01:43

we have made a couple of bookings, but I won't be making any more till things vastly improve, in the meantime we have been looking at some commercial sites at least we can see pictures of the sites plus the reviews. We did not go to the at NEC this month, but we will be attending the show there in February so a visit to club stand to ask some questions is in order as we can't see things getting any better any time soon, we have already made our feelings clear in the way we voted at the AGM I hope others did the same 

N1805 replied on 24/10/2022 08:59

Posted on 24/10/2022 08:59

I have no IT experience but the above post from Mikenbike concern me.

Clicking on “ Subscribe to the latest topic activity in this room ' shows things rather than taking me to where it says it will. 

Hope the booking system is fixed soon.

Greatfalls replied on 24/10/2022 09:02

Posted on 24/10/2022 09:02

The new system is far from where it needs to be. But you can absolutely look at pictures and reviews but you need to be logged in. Choose site, then the search button and the site and map will appear. click the review stars on the small picture on the map and the reviews will appear. Pictures of site can be scrolled through on the left. 

brue replied on 24/10/2022 09:04

Posted on 24/10/2022 09:04

It's very disappointing to see on the new system booking confirmation the arrival time listed as 12pm rather the actual 1pm arrival  on a site we've recently booked. Does anyone actually check the programming details? Why are these errors continuing?

replied on 24/10/2022 09:30

Posted on 23/10/2022 22:51 by Mikenbike

Re the incorrect vehicle registration, I had the same experience, as have others. 

I complained that the Club is not protecting our data properly, in accordance with the law, and is instead allowing leakage between members' records.

The response was that they take data security seriously and the system has simply been 'overloaded'.

Having spent an entire 40 year career in IT, in a heavily data-sensitive environment, I know full well this is complete garbage.  An overloaded system simply grinds to a halt.  It does NOT start moving data randomly between different records. 

The new system is riddled with bugs and there's a fair chance it's now operating illegally by contravening the Data Protection Act 2018.  

Posted on 24/10/2022 09:30

I totally agree and also wonder why dates of birth along with towing vehicle length are required to book a pitch? Surely information that’s requested and stored is to be relevant to its use to abide by Data Protection? 🤔 It’s obvious this excuse of a booking system was for the clubs benefit to merge with the overseas system and not for the use of the members who are trying to use it 🙈

peedee replied on 24/10/2022 09:41

Posted on 23/10/2022 17:09 by brue

I see the "fixes" have been updated but I don't think the location search has improved? See Booking Experience section.

Posted on 24/10/2022 09:41

Still nothing about providing directions, I would have thought that 6 weeks on that was more important a fix than improving the locations search which at least works.

peedee

DavidKlyne replied on 24/10/2022 10:06

Posted on 24/10/2022 09:30 by

I totally agree and also wonder why dates of birth along with towing vehicle length are required to book a pitch? Surely information that’s requested and stored is to be relevant to its use to abide by Data Protection? 🤔 It’s obvious this excuse of a booking system was for the clubs benefit to merge with the overseas system and not for the use of the members who are trying to use it 🙈

Posted on 24/10/2022 10:06

It's the problem of trying to use the same system for two different types of application. DofB and towing vehicle length would be required for Overseas booking but are completely redundant as far as UK bookings are concerned. As they share the same platform I imagine that it is difficult, or perhaps impossible to have two sets of requirements? The trouble for the UK site bookings is that superfluous information is being asked for which in turn slows down the process. Given that the UK site bookings will have a far greater volume of throughput than Overseas it seems the tail is wagging the dog?

David

SteveL replied on 24/10/2022 10:41

Posted on 24/10/2022 09:41 by peedee

Still nothing about providing directions, I would have thought that 6 weeks on that was more important a fix than improving the locations search which at least works.

peedee

Posted on 24/10/2022 10:41

Yes, a simple link to the old site pages as a stop gap, wouldn’t take that long to do. However, it seems to have been overlooked. The same goes for the types of pitches. Anyone new to the site could be forgiven for assuming the majority are grass, as a large total number of pitches is quoted and then a much smaller figure for hardstanding. The smaller figure is actually service pitches and standard hardstanding are not identified.☹️
Well I suppose they have only had six weeks to make a relatively straightforward  alteration.😡 

Although a more important question is why such an obvious error was passed fit for release in the first place.🤔

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook