New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

JVB66 replied on 23/10/2022 12:58

Posted on 23/10/2022 12:50 by

The often  mentioned "phone up on the day" always assumes someone will answer it. My recent experience albeit limited  has been no answer   and possibly a call back later.

Posted on 23/10/2022 12:58

Nearly all cc sites we have phoned are usually an answerphone message to return our call which has always been done

But can you book on the day at a site now as I understand payments cannot be taken at sites over the phone ,  it would be taken on arrival?

SteveL replied on 23/10/2022 17:03

Posted on 23/10/2022 12:54 by Arch

Thats exactly what the club would like the members to think, they want members to book early to fill up the coffers with the deposits I suspect the forward bookings are well down on previous years this must worry them as not all forward bookers would cancel.

Posted on 23/10/2022 17:03

Of course none of us know what form the dynamic pricing will take. However, the club could easily increase the number of early bookers by making a statement securing prices. At the moment they seem free to increase then if they like, as they did with the bookings I had for this year. The C&CC on the other hand didn’t increase any of the bookings I made with them, although they were made at the same time as those with this club. Personally that would make me far more likely to favour them, even without the age related discount 

brue replied on 23/10/2022 17:09

Posted on 23/10/2022 17:09

I see the "fixes" have been updated but I don't think the location search has improved? See Booking Experience section.

JVB66 replied on 23/10/2022 18:48

Posted on 23/10/2022 18:48

IMHO this booking system after several dates of introduction passed,  that it was pressure from above that caused it to be introduced when it was not ,and still is not ,ready for introduction for use by the majority of membership 

As was intimated to me  when I had to contact one of this clubs call centres to amend a booking that I had  found far to complicated for me to see how to do it, (it took 17mins to get through)

Ps my booking that I needed to amend did not show our mobile  number and even had a registration number that was not for our pvc 

sunlovers replied on 23/10/2022 19:08

Posted on 23/10/2022 19:08

I have spent half a day trying to find a CL, I have given up now, so at least 2 CLs have lost money through  no fault of themselves, I've now booked a private site , I have also joined the C&CC today and will be using them in favour to the once Caravan CLUB, when it was run as a CLUB, It's not fair on CL owners to be loosing booking because the CLUB???? only seem to be interested in making money for the business.  

Takethedogalong replied on 23/10/2022 20:38

Posted on 23/10/2022 20:38

Sorry to hear that a CL will have missed out on a booking, feel very sorry for the CLs. We made sure we did use three CLs on our last tour, to show our personal support. It’s been posted and reposted a few times about the easiest method of accessing the CL network, it’s a tad more laborious than it was, but fairly easy if you know what area you want to visit. Just ask if you cannot find how to do it๐Ÿ‘

Thehappycaravanners replied on 23/10/2022 21:21

Posted on 23/10/2022 17:09 by brue

I see the "fixes" have been updated but I don't think the location search has improved? See Booking Experience section.

Posted on 23/10/2022 21:21

Search for Cumbria in the uk tab and get somewhere in New Mexico showing up, i ain’t towing my caravan there, the only time the search will be sorted is if I opt for uk booking and go to location search and NO foreign place name appears. Until then it isn’t fixed.

Confused Bobdog replied on 23/10/2022 21:26

Posted on 23/10/2022 11:11 by peedee

Even using a 4G signal with a download speed of 7Mbs I am not having a problem with a Samsung Tab 7 tablet running Android version 12.

I am checking speeds using >this<

peedee.

Posted on 23/10/2022 21:26

Currently getting 78mbs. Never had a problem with the old system it was flawless. New system is just so glitchy, can’t even zoom out the map without at least a 30 second wait for something to happen. 

DS3 replied on 23/10/2022 22:25

Posted on 23/10/2022 22:25

Well, taking deposits has stuffed us for booking anything in the future. People like us on low incomes, especially in the current climate, simply don't have the deposit needed to book a holiday, that's one of the main reasons we caravan and don't go abroad. I may as well rent a house on mainland Europe and save all the hassle and expense of owning a caravan and dragging it around England. This is our last year of caravanning that's for sure. Two pegs on a pitch, deposits, the new booking system that is absolutely hopeless and needs more info than it needs and is not what I feel comfortable inputting into, prices are too expensive, etc. I'm done with caravanning. So thank you Caravan club. You went way too far with the unwanted and unneeded changes for no reason, which was evident on our last trip to a site that has always been full. This year it was virtually empty.

Why does the booking system need our birth dates and length of my car and caravan? Sorry, but that is more information than you need and I am willing to give you. I've tried and tried to book a site for Christmas but I gave up and I am certainly not paying a deposit, even if I did have it in the first place, which I don't, nor will you have the birth dates of my children.

You knew deposits weren't wanted yet you went against members and did it anyway. My guess is you want the deposits so you earn the interest on it. Not really fair is it, earning money stealthily from your members. You work US remember. Another club that got so big they believe we work for them.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook