New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

brue replied on 22/10/2022 11:55

Posted on 22/10/2022 11:55

I think you'll find you have 31 days cancellation time with the C&CC so it's swings and roundabouts.

harrygrey replied on 22/10/2022 12:03

Posted on 22/10/2022 12:03

This new system will certainly lead to the loss of some customers.
The new system is about the worst thing the club has ever developed.
I used to be able to print out my reservations, but I can't do that anymore.
It seems to have been programmed by someone who has never booked, nor taken a reservation.
I have also found that campground owners are not getting along with the new system.
And, it should be mentioned here: these people are very friendly, accommodating and tolerant.
It would be good to get things back in order.
I am very upset with the current system.

JVB66 replied on 22/10/2022 14:19

Posted on 22/10/2022 12:03 by harrygrey

It seems to have been programmed by someone who has never booked, nor taken a reservation.
I have also found that campground owners are not getting along with the new system.
And, it should be mentioned here: these people are very friendly, accommodating and tolerant.

Posted on 22/10/2022 14:19

Unless you are talking about affiliated sites or the CL network all managers on sites are employees of the camc not ownerswink

JVB66 replied on 22/10/2022 14:24

Posted on 22/10/2022 12:03 by harrygrey

Posted on 22/10/2022 14:24

Unless you are talking about affiliated sites or the Cl network all sites are managed by staff employed by the camc at East Grinstead Housesurprisedwink

Other than that I agree with your postcool

EmilysDad replied on 22/10/2022 14:41

Posted on 22/10/2022 11:55 by brue

I think you'll find you have 31 days cancellation time with the C&CC so it's swings and roundabouts.

Posted on 22/10/2022 14:41

As above, I phoned well within 31 days when I phoned to cancel our break with the C&CC fully expecting to lose my deposit

JVB66 replied on 22/10/2022 14:44

Posted on 22/10/2022 14:41 by EmilysDad

As above, I phoned well within 31 days when I phoned to cancel our break with the C&CC fully expecting to lose my deposit

Posted on 22/10/2022 14:44

I think they have a much more member friendly approach than it is with this club as has recently provenundecided

Mikenbike replied on 22/10/2022 23:37

Posted on 22/10/2022 06:34 by vbfg

There are, understandably, a number of comments surrounding what happens regarding your deposit, if you cancel within the 21 day limit due to circumstances beyond your control, such as illness or very inclement weather which would make travelling dangerous.  As some members are also members of the CCC, I was wondering what their experiences have been regarding their deposit, if they have  had to cancel. 

Posted on 22/10/2022 23:37

Our wiper motor packed up out of the blue, with rain predicted for the forthcoming period, so we were stuck on a CAMC site in Cornwall for an extra week awaiting a new unit from FIAT. 

This meant we were unable to take up our CCC booking at our next site.  I phoned to explain, but they were adamant that we'd lose our deposit. 

I later wrote to appeal.  They finally relented and held over our deposit for 12 months or until we went next.  It was quite a battle, though, and it left a sour taste.  

Compared to CAMC, they didn't feel like the 'friendly club' to us, although the roles have now reversed, sadly. 

Mikenbike replied on 22/10/2022 23:44

Posted on 22/10/2022 07:49 by cyberyacht

I wonder if by amending one's booking to still include at least one day of the original would avoid the cancellation penalty? If so, one could shift the booking by a series of six day amendments. Tedious but possibly doable.

Posted on 22/10/2022 23:44

It does not avoid the penalty. 

A case was reported a few pages back where somebody had to postpone their three day break by one day (because a sudden hospital appointment came up, if I recall properly). 

They lost one third of the deposit paid.  

Thehappycaravanners replied on 23/10/2022 08:39

Posted on 21/10/2022 12:25 by Takethedogalong

I tried looking for a CL this morning, hoping to browse a given area rather than specific location. I tried the map, but it’s not very good, all over the place, every action you try to perform takes ages to load, and it’s very clunky. This is on n IPad via Safari on Virgin’s very fast broadband. No other websites affected, so it’s not device or provider related. When it did come up with something, only listed 20 sites max🤷‍♀️ 

Edit None of the links provided by Club staff in response on TP are live. Copy and paste is only option I think.

Posted on 23/10/2022 08:39

Whilst on holiday I came across a couple of CLs that took my fancy, looking up on the OLD club app I found out the information I wanted easily. The map and search was so much more smoother, accurate and easier to use than the new system and I could also mark them as favourites.

eurortraveller replied on 23/10/2022 08:41

Posted on 23/10/2022 08:41

Mikenbike,    try touring without locking yourself into fixed bookings. Just phone ahead on the previous evening when you are ready to move.  That way you don’t pay deposits or risk losing them. Caravanners  may be reluctant to break their long established booking habit but motorhomers have freedom.  Enjoy your travels. 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook