New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

peedee replied on 21/10/2022 16:23

Posted on 21/10/2022 15:13 by JVB66

How prominent was the information about the new booking system? 

Posted on 21/10/2022 16:23

I didn't notice anything about it at all. As you would expect at this kind of event it was very market driven.

peedee

brue replied on 21/10/2022 16:27

Posted on 21/10/2022 16:07 by Tinwheeler

So much for reviewing cancellations on a case by case basis!

Posted on 21/10/2022 16:27

Looking at the T&Cs it looks as though illness as a reason for cancelling or leaving a site early now has no bearing on refunds. Although I think it was mentioned in the FAQs that it would be considered.

FAQs "The club will sensitively manage cancellations due to exceptional circumstances."

JVB66 replied on 21/10/2022 16:27

Posted on 21/10/2022 16:23 by peedee

I didn't notice anything about it at all. As you would expect at this kind of event it was very market driven.

peedee

Posted on 21/10/2022 16:27

There was a very high possibility that many of those visiting the camc stand were unaware. of the latest system then,as has been highlighted when speaking to members on sites

Tinwheeler replied on 21/10/2022 19:25

Posted on 21/10/2022 16:27 by brue

Looking at the T&Cs it looks as though illness as a reason for cancelling or leaving a site early now has no bearing on refunds. Although I think it was mentioned in the FAQs that it would be considered.

FAQs "The club will sensitively manage cancellations due to exceptional circumstances."

Posted on 21/10/2022 19:25

In seems rather insensitive to penalise someone for doing the right thing in protecting others. I thought Covid was treated as exceptional by leisure organisations🤷🏻‍♂️

SteveL replied on 21/10/2022 20:24

Posted on 21/10/2022 19:25 by Tinwheeler

In seems rather insensitive to penalise someone for doing the right thing in protecting others. I thought Covid was treated as exceptional by leisure organisations🤷🏻‍♂️

Posted on 21/10/2022 20:24

Indeed it does. In the past we have extended a stay at a site and delayed our arrival at the next due to heavy  snow, which I didn’t fancy towing in. Reading the terms and conditions, it looks as though we could now loose our deposit at the follow on site, as the change would be considered a cancellation. If this turns out to be the case, it is a very poor and potentially dangerous state of affairs, encouraging folk to move on when they don’t feel confident, or loose money.

replied on 21/10/2022 20:27

Posted on 21/10/2022 20:27

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

nelliethehooker replied on 21/10/2022 20:34

Posted on 21/10/2022 20:27 by

I find it rather confusing and concerning to read that people are confused about what will happen if they change or cancel their booking.  To have made the booking in the first place they must have confirmed that they have read and accepted the terms and conditions. Admittedly, they are badly written and confusing - to say the least - but if you didn't understand them or didn't read them why tick the box?  

Posted on 21/10/2022 20:34

But haven't the T&Cs been changed/upgraded over the last week or so? If that is the case those in place when the the original bookings are made would have been different, and possibly less stringent than the present ones, and those would have been the ones read and ticked at the time of booking. One cannot be expected to read every change to the T&Cs especially if there is no notification that those changes have taken place.

Tinwheeler replied on 21/10/2022 20:34

Posted on 21/10/2022 20:24 by SteveL

Indeed it does. In the past we have extended a stay at a site and delayed our arrival at the next due to heavy  snow, which I didn’t fancy towing in. Reading the terms and conditions, it looks as though we could now loose our deposit at the follow on site, as the change would be considered a cancellation. If this turns out to be the case, it is a very poor and potentially dangerous state of affairs, encouraging folk to move on when they don’t feel confident, or loose money.

Posted on 21/10/2022 20:34

In view of what we’re learning, I can’t help but wonder what will happen to deposits if the club cancels someone's booking. Flooding at York RP, for instance. It’s starting to look as if what they say and what they do might be two different things.🙁

replied on 21/10/2022 21:01

Posted on 21/10/2022 20:34 by nelliethehooker

But haven't the T&Cs been changed/upgraded over the last week or so? If that is the case those in place when the the original bookings are made would have been different, and possibly less stringent than the present ones, and those would have been the ones read and ticked at the time of booking. One cannot be expected to read every change to the T&Cs especially if there is no notification that those changes have taken place.

Posted on 21/10/2022 21:01

The user and all related content has been Deleted User
near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook