New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

Takethedogalong replied on 21/10/2022 14:30

Posted on 21/10/2022 12:57 by InaD

Still showing for me as well. 

Having read through some of the replies, one stands out as particularly confusing, or at least, it is to me, but perhaps I'm a simple soul wink

The price lists for sites have been removed as our new system allows better visibility of pricing, these are now displayed as from prices which will be based on the cheapest pitch on any particular site.

Sorry, but how is a "from" price "allowing better visiblity of pricing"?  Previously we were able to see exactly what the cost was for a pitch and occupants.  I think it's a typical example of b******t baffles brains; or could it be that it allows the "club" better ability to increase prices at will sealed

Posted on 21/10/2022 14:30

It’s like train journeys. One day of the year will have a super discounted ticket on a train that runs through the early hours🀣 When I was commuting, I was fortunate enough to pick up a few absolute bargains, but you had to watch the website for when they were released, and it was one heck of a logistical task getting OH booked into sites where I could commute to and from. Stand out bargains? £8 Doncaster to Edinburgh (taxi to station cost me double🀣). Even better, Doncaster to Lostwithiel Cornwall via London, on the Cornish Riviera Sleeper. That one was a mere £50, and I got a long afternoon in London before sleeper left Paddington. First Class as well. Bargain of the decade. I dread to think how much that would be now.

peedee replied on 21/10/2022 14:32

Posted on 21/10/2022 14:32

Would be interesting to hear from anyone who has been to NEC this week, get some feedback from there, who was there from Club, any responses to problems.

I was there yesterday, visited both Club's stands, had my packed lunch sat on a bench on the C&MC's stand. Both stands appeared to be full of happy customers and staff. I didn't see anyone I recognised and had no need for questions.

I thought the show larger than in previous years as were the Club stands. The Club temporary site on N10 also looked well attended.

peedee

eurortraveller replied on 21/10/2022 14:54

Posted on 20/10/2022 12:55 by SteveL

It’s actually fairly quick CY.

Type in site you are interested in.

Press Search

Press check availability.

Indicate how many are staying and pitch type

The total price per night is shown on the calendar and can be quickly scrolled forward. Or you can put in dates.

Just checked took all of 30seconds.

Posted on 21/10/2022 14:54

I have repeated this post for those who have been saying there are only “From” prices for Club sites. If you follow what SteveL  posted you will get exact day by day prices.

JVB66 replied on 21/10/2022 15:07

Posted on 21/10/2022 15:07

When I was working it was acknowledged that for every letter or comment about a good service there was seven complaints about a poor service they had received ,the majority of complaints when investigated were normally self inflicted at the core of the complaint

A bit like reviews of Club and CLs 

The latest complaints as with the latest booking system seem to be very genuine thoughkiss 

JVB66 replied on 21/10/2022 15:13

Posted on 21/10/2022 14:32 by peedee

Would be interesting to hear from anyone who has been to NEC this week, get some feedback from there, who was there from Club, any responses to problems.

I was there yesterday, visited both Club's stands, had my packed lunch sat on a bench on the C&MC's stand. Both stands appeared to be full of happy customers and staff. I didn't see anyone I recognised and had no need for questions.

I thought the show larger than in previous years as were the Club stands. The Club temporary site on N10 also looked well attended.

peedee

Posted on 21/10/2022 15:13

How prominent was the information about the new booking system? 

GrandpaGraham replied on 21/10/2022 15:40

Posted on 21/10/2022 15:40

Just spotted this on Trustpilot:-

What an uncaring reply. I think words are beyond me. 

Does anyone in authority read these replies ?

—————————————————————-

This is a warning to all members &…
This is a warning to all members & future members, we recently re-joined the club made a booking and paid our deposit as required on the new system which to be honest is not very user friendly. Sadly just before we were due to travel both myself & my wife contracted covid so as per the club statement we respected their wishes not to go to the site, we contacted the site to request moving the date of travel to the following week to ensure we both tested negative only to be told this would be treated as a cancellation not an amendment so would lose the £25 paid, this is totally unfair as we were trying to be responsible members of the club, nobody knows they are going to be ill 21 days in advance which would have enabled no loss of deposit. The advice I would now give is to be totally selfish in future & travel to the site if you have covid or lose your deposit. The membership has been cancelled due to the club not listening to the reason why we asked for an amendment just robbing us of the £25 for trying to do the right thing. We will be joining their competitors who appear to be more member friendly rather than just a business.

Date of experience: 05 October 2022

Reply from Caravan and Motorhome Club (previously The Caravan Club)

3 hours ago
Hello I'm so sorry to learn this has happened, we take a deposit of 20% to secure the pitch at the time of booking, this is in our T&C's. We make it known each time you book a deposit payment will be collected and is non refundable if you have to cancel less than 21 days of your arrival date. We will only refund the deposit if you cancel with more than 21 days before arrival. We suggest that members take out suitable travel insurance now, to help protect you in these instances - Catrina

Arch replied on 21/10/2022 15:56

Posted on 21/10/2022 15:56

It's confirmed then Covid is not an excuse for cancellation.

JVB66 replied on 21/10/2022 16:05

Posted on 21/10/2022 15:40 by GrandpaGraham

Just spotted this on Trustpilot:-

What an uncaring reply. I think words are beyond me. 

Does anyone in authority read these replies ?

β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”-

This is a warning to all members &…
This is a warning to all members & future members, we recently re-joined the club made a booking and paid our deposit as required on the new system which to be honest is not very user friendly. Sadly just before we were due to travel both myself & my wife contracted covid so as per the club statement we respected their wishes not to go to the site, we contacted the site to request moving the date of travel to the following week to ensure we both tested negative only to be told this would be treated as a cancellation not an amendment so would lose the Β£25 paid, this is totally unfair as we were trying to be responsible members of the club, nobody knows they are going to be ill 21 days in advance which would have enabled no loss of deposit. The advice I would now give is to be totally selfish in future & travel to the site if you have covid or lose your deposit. The membership has been cancelled due to the club not listening to the reason why we asked for an amendment just robbing us of the Β£25 for trying to do the right thing. We will be joining their competitors who appear to be more member friendly rather than just a business.

Date of experience: 05 October 2022

Reply from Caravan and Motorhome Club (previously The Caravan Club)

3 hours ago
Hello I'm so sorry to learn this has happened, we take a deposit of 20% to secure the pitch at the time of booking, this is in our T&C's. We make it known each time you book a deposit payment will be collected and is non refundable if you have to cancel less than 21 days of your arrival date. We will only refund the deposit if you cancel with more than 21 days before arrival. We suggest that members take out suitable travel insurance now, to help protect you in these instances - Catrina

Posted on 21/10/2022 16:05

As some of us have already posted the "Dash for cash" with no or little thought for the membership just proves the direction of  what is now a just a money grabbing organisation ,

And I feel that ,although in the past used  the majority of this clubs? sites in the cuter as it seems quite a few others,,we will as already. booked.other sites and only use camc sites as a last resort ,if nothing else is available 

And how long before camc offer cancellation insurance ?as another money making scheme,(or will they wait until all members have been stung by not refunding deposits by the unwary

JVB66 replied on 21/10/2022 16:14

Posted on 21/10/2022 16:07 by Tinwheeler

So much for reviewing cancellations on a case by case basis!

Posted on 21/10/2022 16:14

I think the department who would do the reviews would need be be quite large ,at least for the next couple of years

The call centres already seem to have problems with answering the amount of calls it took 17mins to get through a couple of days ago 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook