New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

DavidKlyne replied on 20/10/2022 17:08

Posted on 20/10/2022 17:08

Other than being able to implement the Club's deposit and payment system there seems no improved functionality in the new software for members compared to the old? I know we can select a pitch type but that was there under the old system (awning/non awning pitches, serviced pitches) and I imagine would have been a fairly easy fix to add a few more options? It might have been better to have included the old drop down menu with sites listed by region which was fairly easy to select a site from. The new software must take you away from the club servers to select a location if, as indicated, they are using Google. 

The sad thing in all this is that we had a perfectly functioning booking system in place which all it needed to be added to was the deposit and payment system. I appreciate that Rowena has mentioned in one of her posts that the old software could no longer be updated so was becoming obsolete but was that imminent or several years down the road? I wonder if the Club are rueing the day they embarked on this change?

David

Thehappycaravanners replied on 20/10/2022 17:40

Posted on 20/10/2022 17:40

What is the point of the UK / Overseas tabs when booking, clicked on UK tabs did a search and I get Kuala lumps coming up, where in the UK is this.

brue replied on 20/10/2022 18:37

Posted on 20/10/2022 18:37

If you get the correct search area eg Devon UK this will only bring up a list of 20 sites, whether main sites or CLs the list search stops at twenty.

replied on 21/10/2022 07:48

Posted on 21/10/2022 07:48

Content has been removed.

SteveL replied on 21/10/2022 09:20

Posted on 21/10/2022 09:20

The thing I find difficult to understand, if they are using the Google data base is why I get such a strange list of locations. If I search for Kendal on the new sites search, I get 5 returns with somewhere in Java at the top, Kendal UK second, followed by three in the US. Where as when I put Kendal into Google maps search, I get Kendal UK at the top followed by 9 places in and around Kendal.🤔

mbee1 replied on 21/10/2022 10:31

Posted on 21/10/2022 10:31

Checked into a site yesterday and my wife has to work so she will be staying two nights less than me. Poor warden had to go to the manual to find out how to reduce the fee by 2 nights for one person.  She got a little stumped. She said' she'd call me on my mobile when she'd found out how to do it.

She called me about 30 minutes later to say she'd sorted it so I went over to pay. This site had been booked before the new system came in but she advised me to only book for one person and add any extra people in when you check in. Don't think she was impressed.

Number14 replied on 21/10/2022 10:52

Posted on 21/10/2022 10:52

Had to chuckle.

At the bottom left of each club web page there was a link to Trustpilot with the star rating also being displayed. Just noticed this morning that the link is still there but the stars have been removed.

JVB66 replied on 21/10/2022 10:55

Posted on 21/10/2022 10:31 by mbee1

Checked into a site yesterday and my wife has to work so she will be staying two nights less than me. Poor warden had to go to the manual to find out how to reduce the fee by 2 nights for one person.  She got a little stumped. She said' she'd call me on my mobile when she'd found out how to do it.

She called me about 30 minutes later to say she'd sorted it so I went over to pay. This site had been booked before the new system came in but she advised me to only book for one person and add any extra people in when you check in. Don't think she was impressed.

Posted on 21/10/2022 10:55

That is what I have been advised also,  if booking under the latest debacle system to only book one person (especially on a tour)and pay for any additional members on arrival at the site.,

It will also be less of a loss of deposit, if for some reason you have cancel inside the 21days 

PS have now shortens our stay a a club site and booked a small commercial  site we have used before over Xmas and New Year at £12 a night cheaper and no deposits 

Tinwheeler replied on 21/10/2022 11:29

Posted on 21/10/2022 10:52 by Number14

Had to chuckle.

At the bottom left of each club web page there was a link to Trustpilot with the star rating also being displayed. Just noticed this morning that the link is still there but the stars have been removed.

Posted on 21/10/2022 11:29

But 6 days on and that ace 5* review still has pride of place on the Membership page 🙄.  I'd cry if I cared.

Takethedogalong replied on 21/10/2022 12:02

Posted on 21/10/2022 12:02

TP star rating still there for me, on all pages. Club have posted an apology on their actual TP page now, on right in highlighted red. 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook