New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

brue replied on 21/10/2022 12:05

Posted on 21/10/2022 12:05

The mis-use of the name of the former chancellor on Trust Pilot and the fact that the club replied using the name again speaks volumes for the set up on Trust Pilot. frown

Takethedogalong replied on 21/10/2022 12:10

Posted on 21/10/2022 12:10

I’m not sure why Club actually signed up for TP to be honest. They pay for it as well I think…..Credit where it’s due, they do actually monitor reviews, lots of companies sign up then practically ignore it.

brue replied on 21/10/2022 12:14

Posted on 21/10/2022 12:14

There are some very odd addresses on the location search. Italy gets linked to Dubai and brings up Croatia if the search is extended.

Takethedogalong replied on 21/10/2022 12:25

Posted on 21/10/2022 12:25

I tried looking for a CL this morning, hoping to browse a given area rather than specific location. I tried the map, but it’s not very good, all over the place, every action you try to perform takes ages to load, and it’s very clunky. This is on n IPad via Safari on Virgin’s very fast broadband. No other websites affected, so it’s not device or provider related. When it did come up with something, only listed 20 sites max🤷‍♀️ 

Edit None of the links provided by Club staff in response on TP are live. Copy and paste is only option I think.

brue replied on 21/10/2022 12:26

Posted on 21/10/2022 12:10 by Takethedogalong

I’m not sure why Club actually signed up for TP to be honest. They pay for it as well I think…..Credit where it’s due, they do actually monitor reviews, lots of companies sign up then practically ignore it.

Posted on 21/10/2022 12:26

It must be unpleasant for the staff dealing with angry TP reviews. Elsewhere CAMC seem to be using the FAQ method on the booking experience updates, it's quicker and prevents abusive remarks, especially as the staff are not the instigators of the new system. Do they really need to provide details on TP that could be highlighted on their own website site for the membership to see?

Just my own views on staff deployment. smile

Takethedogalong replied on 21/10/2022 12:35

Posted on 21/10/2022 12:35

I agree brue. It not a job I would look forward to doing each day, dealing with upset, angry Members. I hope those on the front line are getting the support, it’s an issue not of their making.

Would be interesting to hear from anyone who has been to NEC this week, get some feedback from there, who was there from Club, any responses to problems.

JVB66 replied on 21/10/2022 12:44

Posted on 21/10/2022 12:44

When trying to amend a booking. a couple of days ago ,I had to contact the club. because the "new system?"was far to complicated,the staff at the call centre at Glasgow? took 17mins to answer and the staff sounded absolutely fed up when trying to do the amendment as they were so busy trying and failing  quite often it seems ,to help membersundecidedsurprised

InaD replied on 21/10/2022 12:57

Posted on 21/10/2022 12:02 by Takethedogalong

TP star rating still there for me, on all pages. Club have posted an apology on their actual TP page now, on right in highlighted red. 

Posted on 21/10/2022 12:57

Still showing for me as well. 

Having read through some of the replies, one stands out as particularly confusing, or at least, it is to me, but perhaps I'm a simple soul wink

The price lists for sites have been removed as our new system allows better visibility of pricing, these are now displayed as from prices which will be based on the cheapest pitch on any particular site.

Sorry, but how is a "from" price "allowing better visiblity of pricing"?  Previously we were able to see exactly what the cost was for a pitch and occupants.  I think it's a typical example of b******t baffles brains; or could it be that it allows the "club" better ability to increase prices at will sealed

DavidKlyne replied on 21/10/2022 13:24

Posted on 21/10/2022 12:10 by Takethedogalong

Posted on 21/10/2022 13:24

I said that some time ago long before the change of booking system. The point of an external review organisation is to attract new customers. Given, that generally, the camping/LV community is quite small relatively are they actually likely to pull in many new members via Trustpilot? At the moment they seem to be losing members if some of those that comment on TP carry out their threat! I don't see the value in it from the Club's point of view.

David

PS re the links, do TP allow live links?

Takethedogalong replied on 21/10/2022 14:20

Posted on 21/10/2022 14:20

No idea to be honest on the links.

I remember when the organisation I worked for introduced a comments, and complaints system. Not online at the time, but it turned out to be very useful. You did get the odd rant every now and then, but of course we could meet the ranters face to face to clear things up if they wanted to meet. Most of the complaints were around things that required money spending, so if any of my buildings needed funds, I actually used to give out cards to those who might have passed a comment, get them to complain, and once enough complaints had gone in, I would do a report, a case for funding, and voilà, the cash flow commenced🤣 Wouldn’t work now, LA’s don’t have the funds anymore, our Leisure facilities are contracted out nowadays.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook