New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

Takethedogalong replied on 19/10/2022 18:48

Posted on 19/10/2022 16:30 by

I've been told several times by Wardens that they are not allowed to do this and that.  I wonder how the conversation would go if one evening I roll up to a site with empty pitches and try for a bargain deal for a night or two ๐Ÿ™„.  Any thoughts ๐Ÿ˜?

Posted on 19/10/2022 18:48

Not a cat in hell’s chance๐Ÿ˜ Not saying staff wouldn’t like to, more aren’t allowed to do anything like this. That’s why having conversations with independent owners can be more rewarding.
Few years ago, OH was forced to tour alone for part of time, with me commuting to various locations to meet up, we were surprised how nice some of the small private sites were in terms of offering a small reduction for a small MH with only one person. Unasked as well.

sunlovers replied on 19/10/2022 19:05

Posted on 19/10/2022 10:32 by sunlovers

I think  we should  all put our reviews on TripAdvisor,  that way you get a more or less instant reply from CAMC, I know the reply is mostly a load of bull, but at least you know it has been read.๐Ÿคจ

Posted on 19/10/2022 19:05

Correction. I said put reviews on TripAdvisor, I meant TRUST PILOT, it dose get a very fast reply from CAMC. 

Tinwheeler replied on 19/10/2022 19:11

Posted on 19/10/2022 19:05 by sunlovers

Correction. I said put reviews on TripAdvisor, I meant TRUST PILOT, it dose get a very fast reply from CAMC. 

Posted on 19/10/2022 19:11

Even if it is pretty meaningless.

Arch replied on 19/10/2022 19:34

Posted on 19/10/2022 19:11 by Tinwheeler

Even if it is pretty meaningless.

Posted on 19/10/2022 19:34

But it is bringing the star rating down, although intresting, comments on here are ignored and cause little grief for those responsible for the changes, I would encourage everyone to air their grievance on here, trust pilot, facebook and any other review platforms.

Tinwheeler replied on 19/10/2022 20:12

Posted on 19/10/2022 19:34 by Arch

But it is bringing the star rating down, although intresting, comments on here are ignored and cause little grief for those responsible for the changes, I would encourage everyone to air their grievance on here, trust pilot, facebook and any other review platforms.

Posted on 19/10/2022 20:12

It’s the reviews bringing the star rating down, not the meaningless responses.

I think quite a lot has been done in airing grievances across various forums and review sites, including that cracker of a review now featuring on CAMC's own membership page.

DavidKlyne replied on 19/10/2022 21:21

Posted on 19/10/2022 21:21

Having a look at the ratings on Trustpilot and assuming that most of the complaints will be in two and one star sections there are only about 600 posts which is a relative small number compared to the 3000 in the five star section. At what point the dissatisfied will peak out we don't know. There are nearly 1300 posts in this thread although many members have made multiple posts. Even if the likes of Jess, from the Club, wanted a change of scenery and come on here I am not sure we would be any the wiser. The only people that can answer specific questions are the senior management and I think, having shown no interest in coming onto this forum we will probably have to wait until the AGM to get answers. To that end people will have to ask questions which can't be brushed off in the same way as they are Trustpilot?

David

brue replied on 19/10/2022 21:40

Posted on 19/10/2022 21:40

How long will it take to see the improvements on the location search which is on the "fix" list? I typed in Warwickshire today, first thing up was the name and full address of Warwickshire Agricultural College where one of my family works. Followed by another local College and then a hospital. It's incomprehensible that this was passed and signed off as a suitable search engine. frown

Or is it a sign that correct addresses and places are not high on the list of CAMC IT and shows a lack of knowledge about geography?

DavidKlyne replied on 19/10/2022 22:16

Posted on 19/10/2022 21:40 by brue

How long will it take to see the improvements on the location search which is on the "fix" list? I typed in Warwickshire today, first thing up was the name and full address of Warwickshire Agricultural College where one of my family works. Followed by another local College and then a hospital. It's incomprehensible that this was passed and signed off as a suitable search engine. frown

Or is it a sign that correct addresses and places are not high on the list of CAMC IT and shows a lack of knowledge about geography?

Posted on 19/10/2022 22:16

Brue

I suspect it's because they seem to be using Google as the base for the search facility. Whilst they are going to filter out the USA, but not Europe, according to one comment by the Club  I wonder  that is the extent of the possible filtering? Not very satisfactory I appreciate.

David

cyberyacht replied on 20/10/2022 08:24

Posted on 20/10/2022 08:24

Given the length of time it takes to find out the cost per night to stay on a club site, I wonder how many will just visit a commercial website where the information is available in a couple of clicks. Life is too short to waste time trying to find out how much a stay on a CAMC site is.

brue replied on 20/10/2022 08:33

Posted on 19/10/2022 22:16 by DavidKlyne

Brue

I suspect it's because they seem to be using Google as the base for the search facility. Whilst they are going to filter out the USA, but not Europe, according to one comment by the Club  I wonder  that is the extent of the possible filtering? Not very satisfactory I appreciate.

David

Posted on 20/10/2022 08:33

I note the first place on the Bedforshire search is an address in Oldham. I feel that Google would do better than that? wink 

What a strange set up.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook