New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

SteveL replied on 19/10/2022 16:26

Posted on 19/10/2022 16:26

I suspect there is a large proportion of the membership who still have no idea that there is a new booking system / deposits. When we were working we weren’t able to book anything for the following year until January at the earliest. Although it was going then, I had no interest in CT and paid scant attention to the magazine. There are going to be a lot of surprised folk.😂

replied on 19/10/2022 16:30

Posted on 19/10/2022 15:55 by Takethedogalong

Insurance was our major cause of disagreement with the Club as well. More smoke and mirrors at the time, unclear T&Cs. We happily walked away, got a better deal. 

Re holiday booking websites, most we use (cottages, hotels, niche B&Bs, etc…..) discount properties, rooms etc…… the closer the cut off date gets. It’s a well known marketing tactic, and will tempt in those who don’t like to over plan, or don’t fixate on a small platform of offers.
Having no shame, and the bargaining skills of  a Souk Arab, I will happily walk into a nice residential pub around 6pm and see what price I can have a room for. If it’s too expensive, I will politely leave, but go back an hour later and ask again. Got two nights for ÂŁ70 in a gorgeous Fowey hotel a few years ago, they should have been ÂŁ150 each. We did eat in restaurant, only polite to do so with a bargain like that. Even got the pooch fee waived🤣 An empty room, cottage, pitch brings in no income at all. Given the profit margins on such commodities, soaking up the odd discounted room, cottage, pitch can cover costs, better than nothing at all🤷‍♀️

Perhaps the Club might consider using Trivago, AirBnB……that would be fun😉

The Club won’t commit to much in the way of discounts because it knows it has a loyal, largely unquestioning, well off, need to be booked well in advance, core of Members, who hardly ruffle a feather at every single price increase, large or small, that the Club imposes. They cannot lose in a situation as comfy as this. Hence why it’s so quiet  from the loftiest perches in HQ. 

Posted on 19/10/2022 16:30

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

brue replied on 19/10/2022 16:35

Posted on 19/10/2022 16:26 by SteveL

I suspect there is a large proportion of the membership who still have no idea that there is a new booking system / deposits. When we were working we weren’t able to book anything for the following year until January at the earliest. Although it was going then, I had no interest in CT and paid scant attention to the magazine. There are going to be a lot of surprised folk.😂

Posted on 19/10/2022 16:35

I think that's why there has been such a big reaction in general.

JVB66 replied on 19/10/2022 16:44

Posted on 19/10/2022 16:26 by SteveL

I suspect there is a large proportion of the membership who still have no idea that there is a new booking system. When we were working we weren’t able to book anything for the following year until January at the earliest. Although it was going then, I had no interest in CT and paid scant attention to the magazine. There are going to be a lot of surprised folk.😂

Posted on 19/10/2022 16:44

I so agree last time we were away it was very obvious when in conversation with,other members,  it seems with the T&Cs that are difficult to understand,  quite a few members are going to be out of pocket ,with the draconian  it seems deposits , and this clubs yet to be unveiled full and honest information about  what is in the pipeline? , as to what is the direction with reference to any "discounts?"to replace mid  week discounts and whether they are going to introduce an insurance policy to cover cancellations  

That has been stated in several answers to questions 

JVB66 replied on 19/10/2022 16:52

Posted on 19/10/2022 16:20 by brue

CAMC is a not for profit organisation and as such any profits get ploughed back into the organisation. Profit margins are probably tight so trying to "work the system" probably won't bring a lot of success. The club has said that discounts will be on offer so we'll see at some point what appears as I'm sure they bring in revenue especially the mid-week discounts.

Posted on 19/10/2022 16:52

That does not fit with the latest "dash for cash " and the members money it seems to have cost with the recent initiativesundecided

JVB66 replied on 19/10/2022 16:57

Posted on 19/10/2022 16:30 by

I've been told several times by Wardens that they are not allowed to do this and that.  I wonder how the conversation would go if one evening I roll up to a site with empty pitches and try for a bargain deal for a night or two 🙄.  Any thoughts 😁?

Posted on 19/10/2022 16:57

If that was going to be allowed , as the sites are now in charge of Manager?  we could then be in the situation with motor caravans especially of a late rush for pitches , even more so if it was a site that may have been upgraded with metered EHU coolwink

replied on 19/10/2022 17:06

Posted on 19/10/2022 16:57 by JVB66

If that was going to be allowed , as the sites are now in charge of Manager?  we could then be in the situation with motor caravans especially of a late rush for pitches , even more so if it was a site that may have been upgraded with metered EHU coolwink

Posted on 19/10/2022 17:06

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

JVB66 replied on 19/10/2022 17:21

Posted on 19/10/2022 17:06 by

I'm sure you know what you mean John but I can't make head nor tale of your post.  

Posted on 19/10/2022 17:21

As with the 1300 best pitch rush now but at a "cheaper?" ratesealed

Hja replied on 19/10/2022 17:46

Posted on 19/10/2022 14:51 by vbfg

The large holiday company sites such as Parkdean or Haven, which rent static vans do tend to lower their prices the nearer it gets to the dates that their vans are rented and the price of their vans if very reasonable, out of season, compared with the prices of the CMHC rented accommodation.  

Posted on 19/10/2022 17:46

As are there touring prices. We just had a few nights at a haven site, with swimming pool, serviced pitch, £15 a night. Being mid week not school holidays, very quiet.

0026442140 replied on 19/10/2022 18:40

Posted on 19/10/2022 18:40

Has the same person from the other club who set up there website working for this club now I.e. a ten year old !!!

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook