New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

Tinwheeler replied on 18/10/2022 18:37

Posted on 18/10/2022 17:42 by trellis

Have just read quite a few of the TP posts , ouch I bet CMC wish they could delete at least 99.9%  of them . Speaks volumes when CMC staff cannot agree on the DOB debacle, one saying it's because they are using the continental computer package , another saying it's so they can charge accordingly. I know which one I believe.!!.

Posted on 18/10/2022 18:37

And the hilarious review still features on this site's membership page🤣🤣🙂

trellis replied on 18/10/2022 18:50

Posted on 18/10/2022 18:37 by Tinwheeler

And the hilarious review still features on this site's membership page🤣🤣🙂

Posted on 18/10/2022 18:50

How you well and truly shoot yourself in the foot .🔫.

replied on 18/10/2022 19:47

Posted on 18/10/2022 18:31 by JVB66

Interesting that you were/are aware of some booking every weekend as that does not seem to be what site staff have found  ,  I think they are more in tune with bookings than others undecided

Posted on 18/10/2022 19:47

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

Jigsaw replied on 18/10/2022 21:18

Posted on 15/10/2022 14:35 by Flora

Hi, just tried to amend a booking for next April by arriving one day later, the whole stay is now more expensive than the original booking despite being one day shorter? 
the reason £10.24 admin fee and a £51.84 cancellation fee?

Apparently can only be resolved via a phone call.  Teething problems but does appear overly complicated🤗

Posted on 18/10/2022 21:18

I read this both with interest and a smile.

We were looking for a site for four nights from this Friday but became so exasperated with what the C&MC laughingly call a booking system I gave up. Instead, I spent 10 minutes on Booking.com and found a really nice, old, traditional coaching inn out the sticks in the Lake District. Excellent reviews, three stars, great views, good location and a full English each morning into the bargain. They didn`t want to know my date of birth, sexuality, inside leg measurement or anything unneccessary. The deal came in at £360.00 for an en-site twin room for four nights.Okay, it works out more expensive than dragging the van 100 miles to stop on a C&MC site, but not that much more when you take into account, fuel, time, breakfasts, and then all the incidental bits - time washing the bedding, cleaning the van, insurance, depreciation, storage costs (if applicable).

Thing is, I`ve been unwell for a few weeks and now can`t travel. So I`ve cancelled. Took less than 30 seconds, done on-line, didn`t have to pay a deposit so there is none to lose. No penalty, no `black mark`, no e-mail telling me I`ve been a bad boy and they could suspend me from a  "club" for which I pay for the priviledge.

Hospitality is having a hard time, and are being pro-active to survive. The C&MC seem to be working at least as hard to alienate the membership, and appear to be succeeding.

replied on 18/10/2022 21:37

Posted on 18/10/2022 21:18 by Jigsaw

I read this both with interest and a smile.

We were looking for a site for four nights from this Friday but became so exasperated with what the C&MC laughingly call a booking system I gave up. Instead, I spent 10 minutes on Booking.com and found a really nice, old, traditional coaching inn out the sticks in the Lake District. Excellent reviews, three stars, great views, good location and a full English each morning into the bargain. They didn`t want to know my date of birth, sexuality, inside leg measurement or anything unneccessary. The deal came in at £360.00 for an en-site twin room for four nights.Okay, it works out more expensive than dragging the van 100 miles to stop on a C&MC site, but not that much more when you take into account, fuel, time, breakfasts, and then all the incidental bits - time washing the bedding, cleaning the van, insurance, depreciation, storage costs (if applicable).

Thing is, I`ve been unwell for a few weeks and now can`t travel. So I`ve cancelled. Took less than 30 seconds, done on-line, didn`t have to pay a deposit so there is none to lose. No penalty, no `black mark`, no e-mail telling me I`ve been a bad boy and they could suspend me from a  "club" for which I pay for the priviledge.

Hospitality is having a hard time, and are being pro-active to survive. The C&MC seem to be working at least as hard to alienate the membership, and appear to be succeeding.

Posted on 18/10/2022 21:37

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

Takethedogalong replied on 18/10/2022 21:40

Posted on 18/10/2022 16:31 by SteveL

I don’t see that at all TDA. If by proper touring you mean what we do in France, then dynamic pricing may well be to your advantage. If you are only booking a site the night or a few nights before, you are hardly likely to default and incur penalties and on less popular sites may pick up a pitch at a discount.

On the other hand if you tour as we do in this country, there is of course the risk of incurring financial penalties if you change / cancel anything. In the past the club has been taking the risk. Unfortunately that is no longer the case. However, there has always been a risk with many other providers, the CC has just swung into line and won’t be getting as much of our business as a consequence.

Posted on 18/10/2022 21:40

I think you might have misinterpreted my post Steve. I was responding relating to the dynamic pricing possibility of putting a premium price on late bookings.

This is the possible disincentive for folks like us, why should we choose to pay more for the Club’s unsold odd pitches that we might fancy dropping into on the day🤷‍♀️

Back in another life, when I was selling time sensitive products, we discounted them rather than have something sit empty, working on getting in any money, rather than no money. Popular items of course sold out well before the sell by period. 

Tammygirl replied on 18/10/2022 21:53

Posted on 18/10/2022 21:40 by Takethedogalong

I think you might have misinterpreted my post Steve. I was responding relating to the dynamic pricing possibility of putting a premium price on late bookings.

This is the possible disincentive for folks like us, why should we choose to pay more for the Club’s unsold odd pitches that we might fancy dropping into on the day🤷‍♀️

Back in another life, when I was selling time sensitive products, we discounted them rather than have something sit empty, working on getting in any money, rather than no money. Popular items of course sold out well before the sell by period. 

Posted on 18/10/2022 21:53

If the club do go down that route TDA it will bring them in line with the CCC, I have to say it's the one point I totally disagree with. If it's a last minute booking for unsold pitches it should be at a discounted price not an inflated one.

Why the dob requirement, surely adult, child under 5 or child between certain ages is all that should be needed. If the booking is for 2 adults then no dob should be needed, unless they are going to start giving a discount to over a certain age. 

cyberyacht replied on 19/10/2022 08:32

Posted on 19/10/2022 08:32

It presupposes that accurate DOB are entered. There's nothing to stop a younger age being input to get a cheaper child price. Are passports/birth certificates to be required as part of the booking process?

As for dynamic pricing, I wonder if they are anticipating a reluctance to book ahead now that deposits have been introduced and have to implement a penalty cost for late booking to discourage such a practice?

As my continuing membership hinges almost entirely on the CL network, I shall await with interest the delivery of next years Site Directory to see if I will actually be able to find CLs as the new booking website cannot be relied upon. CAMC membership is almost as tenuous as the incumbency of No:10.

peedee replied on 19/10/2022 08:45

Posted on 18/10/2022 15:50 by Takethedogalong

I said my piece a few nights ago, when asked why I wasn’t happy about the changes to T&Cs. If you tour, properly tour, not just pre book a site months in advance, the Club are going to wallop you financially for this now as well.  
☹️

I can’t find myself caring much if the Club finds itself with empty pitches next year frankly. We are more than likely to be elsewhere at a third of the price.

Posted on 19/10/2022 08:45

We don't know what the Club's pricing will be like. I canot see sites being as full next year as this year on two counts. One the staycation will be well and truly over for those who can afford otherwise and the cost of living will really hurt many so It could well result in more availability which could drive prices down. What ever happens, the Club with a flexible pricing policy now appears to in a position to deal with it.

For the motorcaravan owner wanting a short stay and not making full use of a pitch, the Club will still unlikely to  be a cheap option but the introduction of more economy pitches or electric metering might make such visits more palatable. The latter might really put the cat among the pigeons.sealed

peedee

JVB66 replied on 19/10/2022 10:06

Posted on 19/10/2022 10:06

What ever SPIN this club wants to put on how the latest booking debacle is working,?it will be IMHO completely overshadowed by the cost of living crisis we are now in,  and in many households what comes first ?surprised

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook