New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

brue replied on 18/10/2022 13:23

Posted on 18/10/2022 11:40 by peedee

I have just spotted this on Trust Pilot posted in response to a complaint. It definitely indicates the Club is going to be introducing flexible pricing!

"The new system allows the Club to offer more flexible prices to members - in future this will allow the Club to potentially set lower annual price increases than it currently does to pitch, adult and child prices; and allows prices to increase by a small amount where booking volumes are higher than expected, or, for later bookings."

Not sure whether this will be a good or a bad thing, probably bad for popular sites.

I find it disgusting that we have to go to a third party web site for the detail of what is going on. Makes you think why bother with CT.

peedee

Posted on 18/10/2022 13:23

At this point I think CAMC should step up to the plate and explain to the membership exactly what is happening or planned in detailed terms. Trust Pilot is not the place to make financial statements!

Tinwheeler replied on 18/10/2022 13:30

Posted on 18/10/2022 13:30

Somebody appears to have well and truly lost the plot in terms of PR, customer care, communications and intelligent thinking.

Takethedogalong replied on 18/10/2022 15:50

Posted on 18/10/2022 15:50

I said my piece a few nights ago, when asked why I wasn’t happy about the changes to T&Cs. If you tour, properly tour, not just pre book a site months in advance, the Club are going to wallop you financially for this now as well.  
☹️

I can’t find myself caring much if the Club finds itself with empty pitches next year frankly. We are more than likely to be elsewhere at a third of the price.

SteveL replied on 18/10/2022 16:31

Posted on 18/10/2022 15:50 by Takethedogalong

I said my piece a few nights ago, when asked why I wasn’t happy about the changes to T&Cs. If you tour, properly tour, not just pre book a site months in advance, the Club are going to wallop you financially for this now as well.  
☹️

I can’t find myself caring much if the Club finds itself with empty pitches next year frankly. We are more than likely to be elsewhere at a third of the price.

Posted on 18/10/2022 16:31

I don’t see that at all TDA. If by proper touring you mean what we do in France, then dynamic pricing may well be to your advantage. If you are only booking a site the night or a few nights before, you are hardly likely to default and incur penalties and on less popular sites may pick up a pitch at a discount.

On the other hand if you tour as we do in this country, there is of course the risk of incurring financial penalties if you change / cancel anything. In the past the club has been taking the risk. Unfortunately that is no longer the case. However, there has always been a risk with many other providers, the CC has just swung into line and won’t be getting as much of our business as a consequence.

ggw replied on 18/10/2022 16:50

Posted on 18/10/2022 16:50

Just a word on ecocamping's post. I too am sceptical that Members cancelling was such a huge problem. In the Club Performance Review 2021 as set out in the October magazine it quite clearly states, "Many records were broken month after month in a remarkable year for occupancy and membership numbers." Clearly not too many pitches were left vacant. I find it annoying that all flexibility previously associated with booking with the Club is now gone and like many others I too will not be handing over hundreds of pounds in deposits for bookings. The Club deserves to lose out after these changes. I am also at a loss to understand how £5.7m can have been spent on "central IT infrastructure, including the new Booking  Capability system going live in 2022". (Again a quote from the Performance Review)

JVB66 replied on 18/10/2022 17:09

Posted on 18/10/2022 17:09

If you speak to site staff it is obvious this club is two separate parts 

• There is EGH where poor decisions and nil communication to members is it seems is obviously carried out
  • Then there is the coal face sites  and staff who have to try to keep the sites network and members on side because of what the next problems that comes out of the aboves decisions 

replied on 18/10/2022 17:23

Posted on 18/10/2022 16:50 by ggw

Just a word on ecocamping's post. I too am sceptical that Members cancelling was such a huge problem. In the Club Performance Review 2021 as set out in the October magazine it quite clearly states, "Many records were broken month after month in a remarkable year for occupancy and membership numbers." Clearly not too many pitches were left vacant. I find it annoying that all flexibility previously associated with booking with the Club is now gone and like many others I too will not be handing over hundreds of pounds in deposits for bookings. The Club deserves to lose out after these changes. I am also at a loss to understand how £5.7m can have been spent on "central IT infrastructure, including the new Booking  Capability system going live in 2022". (Again a quote from the Performance Review)

Posted on 18/10/2022 17:23

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

trellis replied on 18/10/2022 17:42

Posted on 18/10/2022 17:42

Have just read quite a few of the TP posts , ouch I bet CMC wish they could delete at least 99.9%  of them . Speaks volumes when CMC staff cannot agree on the DOB debacle, one saying it's because they are using the continental computer package , another saying it's so they can charge accordingly. I know which one I believe.!!.

JVB66 replied on 18/10/2022 18:31

Posted on 18/10/2022 17:23 by

I'm not so sure it was cancelling as much as blocking.  I was well aware of some that would book every weekend (Friday and Saturday nights) at their favourite site for the whole season.  They would in most cases use the booking but cancel at the last minute if [say] the weather was bad.  On some honeypot sites this prevented those looking for long booking covering [say] two weekends to achieve their goal.  I assume those same people can still book all the w/e's but will now have to risk loosing their deposits which may be a major discouragement.  

I find £5.7m almost unbelievable, but as it's CC Ltd I will accept that it is possible 😁.

Posted on 18/10/2022 18:31

Interesting that you were/are aware of some booking every weekend as that does not seem to be what site staff have found  ,  I think they are more in tune with bookings than others undecided

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook