New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

SteveL replied on 17/10/2022 17:10

Posted on 17/10/2022 17:10

We stopped on several CAMC sites between the 12th  September and 16th October  and on none of them could I get the booking system running on the free side of the WiFi. It just kept crashing or locking up.  I’ve no idea if it works if you pay, as I no longer subscribe. The WiFi was working OK to access CT, just not the booking site.

On C&CC sites where the WiFi was included, it was very clunky, particularly the map and would have taken a long time to book a site. Presumably because of a broadband speed of only 1 / 2 MB, as it worked OK on 4G. I therefore assume it would also be difficult to use on many CAMC site WiFi’s, which have similar speeds.

Not a good advert to develop something that isn’t fit for purpose on your own system.šŸ¤”

nelliethehooker replied on 17/10/2022 20:02

Posted on 17/10/2022 08:37 by eurortraveller

Because you are reluctant to ask Google to tell you? 

Posted on 17/10/2022 20:02

But why do members have to an alternative method to find that out? The new system is no more than a fudge, an expensive tool to extract as much money as possible from members, and a very poor one at that. 

Wherenext replied on 17/10/2022 20:30

Posted on 17/10/2022 20:30

2 days ago
Congratulations
Congratulations, there is now lots more availability on club sites, probably because members cannot use the website or choose not to give child's date of births away. We found a non camc site 500m from the club site, same standard of facilities but 38 percent cheaper!, this site only needed to know if the children were between an age range. 1st time on a commercial site for us. £250 loss for camc.

Date of experience: 14 October 2022

You really couldn't make it up could you? The above is a trust pilot posting made a few days ago. Nothing unusual in that except that the poster misunderstood the star system and gave it 5*. It was obviously a mistake.

However the CAMC are using this posting in all it's glory as an advertisement on the front page of their website. Here is a post that berates the club for the new booking system and rejoices in the fact that they have found a better priced alternative. Currently found on membership page!!!

So which member of staff in the communication or membership section has not fully proof read the post?

Just about sums up the organisation as far as I'm concerned. Did give me a chuckle though.

Tinwheeler replied on 17/10/2022 20:51

Posted on 17/10/2022 20:30 by Wherenext

2 days ago
Congratulations
Congratulations, there is now lots more availability on club sites, probably because members cannot use the website or choose not to give child's date of births away. We found a non camc site 500m from the club site, same standard of facilities but 38 percent cheaper!, this site only needed to know if the children were between an age range. 1st time on a commercial site for us. Ā£250 loss for camc.

You really couldn't make it up could you? The above is a trust pilot posting made a few days ago. Nothing unusual in that except that the poster misunderstood the star system and gave it 5*. It was obviously a mistake.

However the CAMC are using this posting in all it's glory as an advertisement on the front page of their website. Here is a post that berates the club for the new booking system and rejoices in the fact that they have found a better priced alternative. Currently found on membership page!!!

So which member of staff in the communication or membership section has not fully proof read the post?

Just about sums up the organisation as far as I'm concerned. Did give me a chuckle though.

Posted on 17/10/2022 20:51

For goodness sake! The incompetence is streets ahead of all competitors.

One could be forgiven for thinking industrial sabotage is at work here destroying CAMC from the inside.

nelliethehooker replied on 17/10/2022 21:15

Posted on 17/10/2022 21:15

Maybe heads will roll for that when someone in authority realises what that been displayed, unfortunately it won't be those of the ones that are responsible for the diabolical mess that is the new booking system.

Takethedogalong replied on 17/10/2022 21:23

Posted on 17/10/2022 20:30 by Wherenext

2 days ago
Congratulations
Congratulations, there is now lots more availability on club sites, probably because members cannot use the website or choose not to give child's date of births away. We found a non camc site 500m from the club site, same standard of facilities but 38 percent cheaper!, this site only needed to know if the children were between an age range. 1st time on a commercial site for us. Ā£250 loss for camc.

Posted on 17/10/2022 21:23

I saw the review yesterday. My first thought at the stars was it was probably a site review. Couldn’t believe it when I read the actual review, but decided not to mention it on here as it’s obviously some poor soul who hasn’t a clue how to submit a review properly.

Looks like the Club have excelled themselves with not proof reading stuff again. Another egg on face own goalšŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Its like the voter who voted for the party that gave their town more Food Banks…..šŸ¤·‍ā™€ļø Strange……

Takethedogalong replied on 17/10/2022 21:40

Posted on 17/10/2022 21:40

Oh LordšŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ It just gets better. There’s a review from Kwasi Kwarteng on TP now. Only one star mind.

I’ve changed my mind about the other review. I think someone is being deeply ironic, rather than made a mistake.

(For anyone who doesn’t know where to read Trust pilot reviews, scroll right down to bottom of page)

Paul Devonald replied on 17/10/2022 21:52

Posted on 17/10/2022 21:52

This new booking system is rubbish. On the old system as soon as I inquired on a site I could see what days were available on the calendar. This helped me to construct my travel plans to fit availability. Now I have to check dates individually which is a much slower and time consuming method.

I have just tried the late availability search. It would not accept a county "Norfolk" but came up with addresses in the USA! I entered "UK" to get it to search and the map indicated 5 sites in Norfolk for the date I required. However, when I tried to book every one of the 5 showed no availability. What is wrong? Is it your search engine or the site booking records? This is a very bad and frustrating user experience. I am now planning to search for a private site.

nelliethehooker replied on 17/10/2022 22:07

Posted on 17/10/2022 21:40 by Takethedogalong

Oh LordšŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ It just gets better. Thereā€™s a review from Kwasi Kwarteng on TP now. Only one star mind.

Iā€™ve changed my mind about the other review. I think someone is being deeply ironic, rather than made a mistake.

(For anyone who doesnā€™t know where to read Trust pilot reviews, scroll right down to bottom of page)

Posted on 17/10/2022 22:07

Just looked at the TP reviews and over the last two pages, going back to the 3rd Oct there have been one ironic 5*, one 5* for a site, one 2* and the rest 1* for the new booking system. I think that says everything about it.

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 17/10/2022 22:39

Posted on 17/10/2022 22:39

Content has been removed.
near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook