New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

brue replied on 17/10/2022 11:44

Posted on 17/10/2022 11:44

I can only speak for myself on these things Peedee, I have a very up to date smartphone and a new chrome book. The functionality is to do with the set up on the system not the devices.

There will be some attempting access on older equipment and no doubt this will affect access.

However none of us can access details which aren't there in the first place! smile

JVB66 replied on 17/10/2022 11:45

Posted on 17/10/2022 11:33 by peedee

In reply to Peedee. If you look at the next fixes planned there is still a problem with pitch searches. CL searches aren't functioning well at all, a list of twenty isn't good enough when the map is difficult to access for some devices. 

Its not that bad as to be unusable but I do acknowledge that if you have a very slow internet connection you can have problems. I have used the 4G mobile network at 10Mbs download without any difficulties. Devices without processing power may also be a problem but I would have thought they would have to be very very old to cause significant difficulty.

I have not noticed any ommissions on my trial searches of locations. I would have thought they would be using the same database as the old system but there may well be some. It does help to be as precise as you can in making searches.

peedee

Posted on 17/10/2022 11:45

Slow internet is not just "old equipment" there are still quite a few areas in the UK with slow/poor connection speed which was not a problem with the previous booking system when touring,  but it certainly is now , and that is not just me finding so ,I have was having problems at FM 

I had to go out of the site to get a signal in my phone and while doing OH had another fall , helped by other members thank goodness 

brue replied on 17/10/2022 11:48

Posted on 17/10/2022 11:48

Internet speeds only affect access they are nothing to do with the functionality of the new booking system.

JVB66 replied on 17/10/2022 11:58

Posted on 17/10/2022 11:48 by brue

Internet speeds only affect access they are nothing to do with the functionality of the new booking system.

Posted on 17/10/2022 11:58

It does compered to the previous system which although slow to access in some areas did not need so much information inputted which now we are finding in poor internet areas as we lose connectivity before completing bookings so have given up 

a phone call to comecial sites as we have now done for three sites is more reliable 

ecocamping replied on 17/10/2022 12:01

Posted on 17/10/2022 12:01

Peedee

I think we agree on most things, though I don't remember having to choose an hour slot for arrival, but I may be mistaken.

Not sure what you mean by narrow in your search, if I type into the late availability search for UK sites (not adding CL's) using East midlands for example I get 20 sites listed below, that include all over the country as far as Wales and London! I can see if you want to go to a specific town or site it might work but with late availability we want to see what's available over a wider area which we could previously.

Re terms and conditions, other half is a contracts manger and he has read them and he found them heavy going, and especially unclear about deposit refunds. 

And the list that comes up under UK sites in the drop down box the first looks as if its in France! 

peedee replied on 17/10/2022 13:11

Posted on 17/10/2022 13:11

Ecocamping, by narrow your search I mean zoom in on the map and click and drag it to area of interest if necessary. The list on the left should change as you do so.

I agree the T&C are heavy going, aren't all such documents.frown I have had to read them carefully, at least section A, which is probably of most concern, and don't have a problem with them. I hope  I never fall foul of them but the only way to find out about refunds is if you do.

peedee

peedee replied on 17/10/2022 13:40

Posted on 17/10/2022 13:26 by LLM
Content has been removed.

Posted on 17/10/2022 13:40

If a despute ever got to such a high level that is good to know LLM but it would have to be worth it to go to such extremes. This is probably highly unlikely with the sums involved.

peedee

paulmold replied on 17/10/2022 15:32

Posted on 17/10/2022 15:32

If they really need to know what systems/makes/models work, then I can tell you that it doesn't work well on my Samsung Galaxy 4 or my Motorola phone, both only about a year old. The worst bit is the map. I have given permission for my location to be known but for some reason the map starts on Northumberland coast despite me being in North Wales. Moving the map is so slow that it either takes me Russia or middle of Atlantic and expanding or zooming loses the map altogether.  

replied on 17/10/2022 16:39

Posted on 17/10/2022 16:39

The user and all related content has been Deleted User
near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook