New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

sunlovers replied on 16/10/2022 21:18

Posted on 16/10/2022 21:18

To get a reply from the club, put your comments on TripAdvisor, you get a reply in 24 hrs, telling you about the servery of 100 000 members they sent out, but I still haven't found anyone who remembers it, perhaps it was amongst all the adverts  that come with the magazine, that's full of even more adds. 

Takethedogalong replied on 16/10/2022 21:39

Posted on 16/10/2022 14:24 by peedee

For someone who largely uses CLs your complaining an awaful lot about the deposit system and T&C TTDA.

peedee

Posted on 16/10/2022 21:39

Yes I am PD. I know when I am being taken for granted, when the Club I have been a Member of for 35 years (with a couple of breaks) doesn’t care about me anymore, when a once valued organisation has decided to put maximisation of income before anything else, and when it treats valued partners (CL owners) with less than politeness. Then there’s the terrible communications, the smoke and mirrors attitude to explanations around changes, the complete absence of anyone at very senior level offering a meaningful apology for the badly functioning bookings website. Others issues as well, but that’ll do for starters. Very much only paying the Membership for CL access nowadays.

At the moment the Club ranks second top in terms of organisations p***ing me off. Top spot I am not allowed to mention, but sadly I can’t do anything about either.

Our love affair with the Club has dwindled over the last decade or so. We use less and less Club Sites for a variety of reasons nowadays. Has to be either for an event or a special occasion. 

Takethedogalong replied on 16/10/2022 21:50

Posted on 16/10/2022 15:55 by peedee

If posters don't indicate what devices and software they are using, it is very difficult to appreciate their problems. I have a variety of devices, some quiet old but not Apple, and I can get by on all but a smart phone where the App they have released, currently version 1.03, does not sit well on small screen devices. It is a real struggle to use on a phone and the App is not nearly so good as the old one.

peedee

Posted on 16/10/2022 21:50

If “getting by”  is all you need then good for you. But hundreds of folks want higher standards, myself included. Particularly as we don’t have room for a desk top of any operating system in our 5.5 metre MH. I do have two very expensive and up to date Apple devices that function splendidly with every other website and App I choose to use. Hence I find sites, CL etc via other providers. 

So yes, I want more for my Membership than “getting by”. I suspect a good few more Members do as well.

InaD replied on 16/10/2022 22:04

Posted on 16/10/2022 22:04

I totally agree with both of your replies TTDA.  The thing that really gets me is that I am a fully paid up member, and have been for about the same time as you.  Like you, we use CLs a lot more than the main "club" sites, probably 90% CLs, 10% "club" sites.  As such, I expect to be able to access CLs as easily as "club" sites on this new-fangled booking system.  Including details on price.  Yet I can't.  Why not?  I pay my membership fee, which is the same amount as someone who uses "club" sites 90% of the time. 

In answer to PD, I have in previous posts stated which device and software I'm using, on more than 1 occasion.  But really, it has become very clear over the last month, since the launch, that this system is far from fit for purpose, if so many people are having issues.  And that is only reading the relatively small number of people posting on CT and TA, the majority of whom are having issues.

peedee replied on 17/10/2022 07:43

Posted on 16/10/2022 21:39 by Takethedogalong

Yes I am PD. I know when I am being taken for granted, when the Club I have been a Member of for 35 years (with a couple of breaks) doesn’t care about me anymore, when a once valued organisation has decided to put maximisation of income before anything else, and when it treats valued partners (CL owners) with less than politeness. Then there’s the terrible communications, the smoke and mirrors attitude to explanations around changes, the complete absence of anyone at very senior level offering a meaningful apology for the badly functioning bookings website. Others issues as well, but that’ll do for starters. Very much only paying the Membership for CL access nowadays.

At the moment the Club ranks second top in terms of organisations p***ing me off. Top spot I am not allowed to mention, but sadly I can’t do anything about either.

Our love affair with the Club has dwindled over the last decade or so. We use less and less Club Sites for a variety of reasons nowadays. Has to be either for an event or a special occasion. 

Posted on 17/10/2022 07:43

Ouch, I have been told, However I appreciate most of what you say but while the new system is by no means perfect and has had a poor introduction it does work and is not as bad as many make out. It is not going to go away so members may as well get used to the new system and at least be constructive in their complaints rather than decrying it.

peedee

SteveL replied on 17/10/2022 07:47

Posted on 16/10/2022 23:15 by DavidID

Why can’t I find site directions after booking a site?

Posted on 17/10/2022 07:47

Because for some unknown reason they have not provided a link.☹️

Click / touch on the spyglass search function (top right of page, when not making a booking) type in the site name and the required site should come up top of the displayed list. Click / touch on it and you will be taken to the old web pages and can access directions as you did previously.

peedee replied on 17/10/2022 08:09

Posted on 17/10/2022 08:09

Because for some unknown reason they have not provided a link.

It was rather an odd thing not to do given they have linked everything else. I am wondering if they have ideas of presenting directions in another way, perhaps in some form of mapping.  In the old phone App you used to be able to link to a sat nav or Google Maps as well as reading directions.

peedee

eurortraveller replied on 17/10/2022 08:37

Posted on 16/10/2022 23:15 by DavidID

Why can’t I find site directions after booking a site?

Posted on 17/10/2022 08:37

Because you are reluctant to ask Google to tell you? 

Nowti Berti replied on 17/10/2022 08:42

Posted on 17/10/2022 07:43 by peedee

Ouch, I have been told, However I appreciate most of what you say but while the new system is by no means perfect and has had a poor introduction it does work and is not as bad as many make out. It is not going to go away so members may as well get used to the new system and at least be constructive in their complaints rather than decrying it.

peedee

Posted on 17/10/2022 08:42

Many of us have provided detailed feedback as to how an app should work, giving examples of problems and the issues we're facing. I (and plenty of others) have done this via the TrustPilot site and also via email. 

One of the issues seems to be that the club isn't listening. They also reply in the past tense "we have had teething issues" - almost as if the problems have been resolved.

The same problems still exist weeks into the launch of the app - exceptionally slow loading, buffering, missing information etc.

Commercial apps shouldn't rely on its users "just getting by". Look at ACSI, Camperstop, Search for Sites etc. 

This week we're staying on a commercial site at Wool in Dorset because the app was too painful to use to find a CL. 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook