New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

GEandGJE replied on 16/10/2022 12:04

Posted on 16/10/2022 10:20 by JVB66

I do not know if this has been mentioned before? but as part of the new booking system there is/will be a "dynamic?"part of the system that seems to be the later one books a site the more expensive it will bešŸ¤”

Posted on 16/10/2022 12:04

Where has this been stated by the club or is this just more speculation and rumour. 

Takethedogalong replied on 16/10/2022 12:51

Posted on 16/10/2022 11:58 by

The new Booking System with all its hitches and glitches pales into insignificance compared with the shake up to the T&Cs.

What tickles me is that anyone completing a booking must have ticked the box to say they and the members of their party have have read, understood and agree with the T's&C's.  There must therefore be some very clever people out there šŸ˜‰.

Posted on 16/10/2022 12:51

Oh yes. So easy to tick a box, it’s the reading bit that folks forget. Get out clause par excellence……

Post  21 days, something unexpected occurs, cue disgruntled Member (sounds a bit risqué that onešŸ¤£), expecting everything refunded, Club says, “but you ticked the box” sorry your hard earned cash is now ours.

There’s already advice regarding taking out insurance, folks need to read it properly if thinking of booking a long time ahead and for a long holiday.

Classic selling technique in the Leisure Industry. 

JVB66 replied on 16/10/2022 13:49

Posted on 16/10/2022 10:54 by Tinwheeler

Yes, we (you and I) discussed it, particularly in respect of C&CC who already operate dynamic pricing. It remains to be seen if CAMC follow suit.

Posted on 16/10/2022 13:49

we had some working site staff came to us last night and were talking about it  they also were surprised with the introduction of the system when it was far from being ready 

and as staff had yet to find any of the hundred thousand members that had been sent any survey,.   and remember all site staff are members 

Ps the first time ever we have received an email from the cc saying that we could save up to 50percent on site fees? 

I wonder if all the marketing speak as posted by via Rowena was just that  and the club are already feeling the results of the new system debacle 

peedee replied on 16/10/2022 14:24

Posted on 16/10/2022 12:51 by Takethedogalong

Oh yes. So easy to tick a box, itā€™s the reading bit that folks forget. Get out clause par excellenceā€¦ā€¦

Post  21 days, something unexpected occurs, cue disgruntled Member (sounds a bit risquĆ© that onešŸ¤£), expecting everything refunded, Club says, ā€œbut you ticked the boxā€ sorry your hard earned cash is now ours.

Thereā€™s already advice regarding taking out insurance, folks need to read it properly if thinking of booking a long time ahead and for a long holiday.

Classic selling technique in the Leisure Industry. 

Posted on 16/10/2022 14:24

For someone who largely uses CLs your complaining an awaful lot about the deposit system and T&C TTDA.

peedee

Tinwheeler replied on 16/10/2022 14:51

Posted on 16/10/2022 14:24 by peedee

For someone who largely uses CLs your complaining an awaful lot about the deposit system and T&C TTDA.

peedee

Posted on 16/10/2022 14:51

For someone who has frequently decried CAMC sites, PD, you’ve become very defensive of the club and it’s new booking system šŸ¤·šŸ»‍ā™‚ļø. 

Tinwheeler replied on 16/10/2022 14:53

Posted on 16/10/2022 13:49 by JVB66

we had some working site staff came to us last night and were talking about it  they also were surprised with the introduction of the system when it was far from being ready 

and as staff had yet to find any of the hundred thousand members that had been sent any survey,.   and remember all site staff are members 

Ps the first time ever we have received an email from the cc saying that we could save up to 50percent on site fees? 

I wonder if all the marketing speak as posted by via Rowena was just that  and the club are already feeling the results of the new system debacle 

Posted on 16/10/2022 14:53

But that’s nothing to do with the alleged concept of dynamic pricing, JV. It’s just a whinge about the booking system.

peedee replied on 16/10/2022 15:23

Posted on 16/10/2022 14:51 by Tinwheeler

For someone who has frequently decried CAMC sites, PD, youā€™ve become very defensive of the club and itā€™s new booking system šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø. 

Posted on 16/10/2022 15:23

Thats because with a desktop I am not experiencing many of the complaints and I do not have a problem in accepting all the changes including the T&C. Even with an Android 8 inch  tablet I can manage.

I only complain when I do not think things are right and if in the end I do not like it, I  can always go elsewhere. The Club is not my sole go to when touring. However, I will support what I see as not a problem.

peedee

Tinwheeler replied on 16/10/2022 15:30

Posted on 16/10/2022 15:23 by peedee

Thats because with a desktop I am not experiencing many of the complaints and I do not have a problem in accepting all the changes including the T&C. Even with an Android 8 inch  tablet I can manage.

I only complain when I do not think things are right and if in the end I do not like it, I  can always go elsewhere. The Club is not my sole go to when touring. However, I will support what I see as not a problem.

peedee

Posted on 16/10/2022 15:30

Surely you see that many, many others have problems and are justified in their complaints. I don’t think it helps them to read again that you are lucky enough to have compatible devices.

JVB66 replied on 16/10/2022 15:53

Posted on 16/10/2022 14:53 by Tinwheeler

But thatā€™s nothing to do with the alleged concept of dynamic pricing, JV. Itā€™s just a whinge about the booking system.

Posted on 16/10/2022 15:53

And so say it seems the same as a very large majority of posters 

One thing it does say about the dynamic part of the booking system is the club want your money early rather than at short noticešŸ¤”

peedee replied on 16/10/2022 15:55

Posted on 16/10/2022 15:55

If posters don't indicate what devices and software they are using, it is very difficult to appreciate their problems. I have a variety of devices, some quiet old but not Apple, and I can get by on all but a smart phone where the App they have released, currently version 1.03, does not sit well on small screen devices. It is a real struggle to use on a phone and the App is not nearly so good as the old one.

peedee

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook