New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

Takethedogalong replied on 16/10/2022 00:37

Posted on 16/10/2022 00:37

Yes I saw it WN.🤔 It struck me as a complete lack of trust in the Membership, very sad. The moral of the story seems to be don’t celebrate a child’s birthday on Site, or staff might be sent knocking on your door.☹️

JVB66 replied on 16/10/2022 10:20

Posted on 16/10/2022 10:20

I do not know if this has been mentioned before? but as part of the new booking system there is/will be a "dynamic?"part of the system that seems to be the later one books a site the more expensive it will be🤔

cyberyacht replied on 16/10/2022 10:21

Posted on 16/10/2022 10:21

Problem: Late/ no shows - Penalty - slapped hand unless serial offender.

Solution: Extend original paltry 72 hour period to 14/21 days - Penalty - All members card details held on file - Fixed/variable fee levied as required to achieve compliance.

Advantages: No deposits required. No website redesign required.

Analysis: Insufficient thought given to addressing the underlying issue previously identified and implementation of a cost-effective solution.

Conclusion: IT Department and CAMC senior executive not fit for purpose.

Navigateur replied on 16/10/2022 10:27

Posted on 16/10/2022 10:27

All members card details held on file -

- until they are stolen by crooks.

It will not have escaped the notice of criminals how bad the software in use actually is, and they will be looking for loopholes that can be exploited to their advantage.

replied on 16/10/2022 10:39

Posted on 16/10/2022 10:27 by Navigateur

All members card details held on file -

- until they are stolen by crooks.

It will not have escaped the notice of criminals how bad the software in use actually is, and they will be looking for loopholes that can be exploited to their advantage.

Posted on 16/10/2022 10:39

That’s a worrying thought! 😬

Pabst replied on 16/10/2022 10:50

Posted on 16/10/2022 10:50

Thank goodness for CLs - the vast majority are run by people with hearts and souls - and can operate as normal human beings with all the variations in character that means some we love but some are 'micro' CAMC's. - But at least we have a choice!

Tinwheeler replied on 16/10/2022 10:54

Posted on 16/10/2022 10:20 by JVB66

I do not know if this has been mentioned before? but as part of the new booking system there is/will be a "dynamic?"part of the system that seems to be the later one books a site the more expensive it will be🤔

Posted on 16/10/2022 10:54

Yes, we (you and I) discussed it, particularly in respect of C&CC who already operate dynamic pricing. It remains to be seen if CAMC follow suit.

barneyboy1 replied on 16/10/2022 11:05

Posted on 16/10/2022 11:05

Booking a site this year took me back 15 years,no problem at all, plenty of availability. The honeymoon is over. I will book a site as and when I need to and if there is no availability in the area I want,then I will look to private sites instead.

Takethedogalong replied on 16/10/2022 11:23

Posted on 16/10/2022 10:20 by JVB66

Posted on 16/10/2022 11:23

That’s one way of using the dynamic element. However, it only works if there is a huge, and I mean huge, demand for pitches. So it might work in the peak months, (families with children bearing the brunt) but after that, it would need to discount in the non busy periods to fill the pitches.

They aren’t filling the Experience Freedom Glamping Pods at non busy times, as I keep getting special offers emailed through. It’s almost as cheap to stay in a GP on offer as it is to book a pitch at times.

Its all a huge financial win win for the Club. Financially secure, healthy Members won’t be that bothered, everyone else can just find their own solution. 

The new Booking System with all its hitches and glitches pales into insignificance compared with the shake up to the T&Cs. 

replied on 16/10/2022 11:58

Posted on 16/10/2022 11:23 by Takethedogalong

That’s one way of using the dynamic element. However, it only works if there is a huge, and I mean huge, demand for pitches. So it might work in the peak months, (families with children bearing the brunt) but after that, it would need to discount in the non busy periods to fill the pitches.

They aren’t filling the Experience Freedom Glamping Pods at non busy times, as I keep getting special offers emailed through. It’s almost as cheap to stay in a GP on offer as it is to book a pitch at times.

Its all a huge financial win win for the Club. Financially secure, healthy Members won’t be that bothered, everyone else can just find their own solution. 

The new Booking System with all its hitches and glitches pales into insignificance compared with the shake up to the T&Cs. 

Posted on 16/10/2022 11:58

The user and all related content has been Deleted User
near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook