New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

Tinwheeler replied on 15/10/2022 15:20

Posted on 15/10/2022 14:36 by eurortraveller

I am sorry you are finding things difficult.  Personally I have no idea about the wayward app, or refunds, or changes of mind ,or switching from one site to another….but making an initial booking on the Club website seems to me very quick,  very easy.,and very straightforward. 

Posted on 15/10/2022 15:20

Did you go through to the payment page and complete the booking, Euro, or just try another dummy run?

vulcan558 replied on 15/10/2022 16:01

Posted on 15/10/2022 14:36 by eurortraveller

I am sorry you are finding things difficult.  Personally I have no idea about the wayward app, or refunds, or changes of mind ,or switching from one site to another….but making an initial booking on the Club website seems to me very quick,  very easy.,and very straightforward. 

Posted on 15/10/2022 16:01

Like it was on the old system you mean before they lashed out the money on this debacle.

Pebbles4Explore replied on 15/10/2022 16:12

Posted on 15/10/2022 16:12

With the new system, is anyone else finding the website and App very slow, especially when you choose to "explore map?" It takes a really long time for it to load. I really liked the old app where you could select the maximum distance from a particular location, I found it a really useful filter. If I'm missing something/have done something wrong, please advise me!

brue replied on 15/10/2022 16:13

Posted on 15/10/2022 16:13

Even the new T&Cs aren't absolutely clear about cancellation costs which seems to be one of the stumbling blocks for those wanting to amend their bookings.

L Williams replied on 15/10/2022 16:16

Posted on 15/10/2022 12:35 by DavidKlyne

If I have understood correctly that you have amended your booking by date rather than length of stay? It seems that any changes made within 21 days of arriving are going to cost the member, even if the Club doesn't actually lose money! The Club don't seem to have been very up front with this aspect of the booking system prior to its introduction. Given the raison d'être of the new system was to stop speculative bookings and therefore providing more availability the reality seems to have gone way beyond that? 

Clearly many people used the CMC because the booking system was generous compared to most of the equivalent competition like the C&CC and the majority of commercial sites. I do just wonder if you wanted to move a stay by one day at these non CMC sites whether you would pay extra for an amendment assuming they had space to accommodate the change?

David

Posted on 15/10/2022 16:16

Sadly the broken system for even partial cancellations fails for bookings MORE than 21 days ahead !

See my post 13/10/2022 14:36, with screenshots of the shambles occurring.

L Williams replied on 15/10/2022 16:17

Posted on 15/10/2022 14:35 by Flora

Hi, just tried to amend a booking for next April by arriving one day later, the whole stay is now more expensive than the original booking despite being one day shorter? 
the reason £10.24 admin fee and a £51.84 cancellation fee?

Apparently can only be resolved via a phone call.  Teething problems but does appear overly complicated🤗

Posted on 15/10/2022 16:17

Yes, sadly the broken system for even partial cancellations fails for bookings MORE than 21 days ahead !

For me like you.

L Williams replied on 15/10/2022 16:20

Posted on 14/10/2022 20:28 by Mikenbike

Has anybody experienced how the deposit system is working?

Our Booking Confirmation states:  “You will lose the deposit paid for amendments and all cancellations made within 21 days of your booked arrival date”

Let's suppose we book 10 nights at £30 per night.  I believe we'd pay a 20% deposit of £60 upon booking.

If, a week before we travel, we have to cancel the last 5 nights, do we lose, (a) the whole £60, (b) half the £60, or (c) nothing?

(a)   would be pretty draconian,

(b)   would possibly seem fairest, but contradicts the booking confirmation statement above,

(c)   doesn’t penalise people for booking nights they aren’t going to take, which was the purpose behind taking deposits AND it contradicts the booking confirmation statement.    

Anyone know which applies?  I presume the Club has a policy to cover this situation, but I have no idea what it is in practice.  

Posted on 15/10/2022 16:20

It is working badly, with a bad 'experience' !

The broken system for even partial cancellations fails for bookings MORE than 21 days ahead !

LLM replied on 15/10/2022 17:10

Posted on 15/10/2022 16:13 by brue

Even the new T&Cs aren't absolutely clear about cancellation costs which seems to be one of the stumbling blocks for those wanting to amend their bookings.

Posted on 15/10/2022 17:10

Having read your comment I decided to also read the T&C's.  For the most part they are badly written and confusing, not just the cancellation clause.  Most first year law students could do better whilst asleep.  It would appear that not only does CAMC need to rectify its booking system it also needs to employ a competent commercial lawyer to write reasonable, workable and understandable terms.  

nelliethehooker replied on 15/10/2022 20:51

Posted on 15/10/2022 20:51

Given the raison d'être of the new system was to stop speculative bookings and therefore providing more availability the reality seems to have gone way beyond that? 

David it is now obvious to many that the change to the new booking system is all about getting as much cash as possible from members, rather than, as you suggest, to stop speculative booking. That may well be what they at HO want people to believe but as tda says it goes way much further than that and it really a thirst for gold.

Wherenext replied on 15/10/2022 21:07

Posted on 15/10/2022 21:07

If only there was someone we could send letters of No Confidence to🤔

Talking of money grabbing did anyone else see the reason given on TrustPilot for asking for Dates of Birth of children? The company reply was that if a birthday should occur during the stay which moved the child into a higher rate then they would charge extra for it! 

That should tell you who is now running the club. It's the equivalent of No.11 in the alternative land of chaos.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook