New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

dickb replied on 17/10/2022 23:40

Posted on 17/10/2022 23:40

I have logged a number of problems which I hope will be dealt with. 

I really only use CLs and the search facility is dreadful. Why does the default filter setting not include CLs but does include Overseas? Then, having set CLs ON and Overseas OFF why are the settings not retained, but continually default to the the original ones?

The app doesn't work offline which is a major deficiency as mobile data is not always available.

On the old app one could set up a search within a given radius of a selected point. Invaluable when one is looking for a CL in relation to where one is going. 

There is no information on distance or accessibility to a bus stop.

Using a Post Code is a poor way to find a site entrance. Why isn't a lat/long given? Unless the site owner gives specific directions in their info, there is no guidance on how to access the site. 

There are other problems which I hope are being dealt with. It seems that there was little testing with members before going live which is obvious from the huge number of complaints.

Dick 

peedee replied on 18/10/2022 07:13

Posted on 18/10/2022 07:13

In short I have found the User Interface (UI) to be very poor making the User Experience (UX) irritating.

The device used and the speed of the internet seem to be mostly determining members perceptions, User interfaces can be one mans poison and anothers elixir. You can get used to anything DD.

As a matter of interest I loaded the App version 1.03 onto an old 7 inch Samsung Tab 2 running Android version 7 yesterday. A quick check, a bit slow but it worked ok.

peedee

peedee replied on 18/10/2022 10:46

Posted on 18/10/2022 10:46

I have just tried the late availability search. It would not accept a county "Norfolk" but came up with addresses in the USA!

It was there a couple of days ago, something must have changed to increase the "Norfolk" places on the list. I think it is there but off the list because if you put in "Norfolk UK" it appears on the list. Another problem for IT to sort out because even if you add UK the list of places in the UK could hide what you are looking for.

peedee

peedee replied on 18/10/2022 11:08

Posted on 18/10/2022 11:08

I assume the location search is part of the mapping data. Don't know who supplied this but it looks nothing like Google Maps or Bing Maps. Both produce UK result if you just search on "Norfolk" and are in fact more accurate in road detail.

peedee

brue replied on 18/10/2022 11:30

Posted on 18/10/2022 11:30

This is one of the "fixes" happening at the moment Peedee, people are struggling with the present location search. It will be interesting to see what the improvements are like but we certainly didn't need a worldwide search engine for uk locations, very frustrating.

edit I certainly wouldn't be looking for the full address of Norfolk County Hospital which is the first name on the Norfolk search list followed by every Norfolk in the US of A!

peedee replied on 18/10/2022 11:40

Posted on 18/10/2022 11:40

I have just spotted this on Trust Pilot posted in response to a complaint. It definitely indicates the Club is going to be introducing flexible pricing!

"The new system allows the Club to offer more flexible prices to members - in future this will allow the Club to potentially set lower annual price increases than it currently does to pitch, adult and child prices; and allows prices to increase by a small amount where booking volumes are higher than expected, or, for later bookings."

Not sure whether this will be a good or a bad thing, probably bad for popular sites.

I find it disgusting that we have to go to a third party web site for the detail of what is going on. Makes you think why bother with CT.

peedee

brue replied on 18/10/2022 11:53

Posted on 18/10/2022 11:53

Well Peedee at least we hear from each other what is happening without too much interference from outside.

Have to say the club have always been able to change pricing as part of their T&Cs but  this latest information is the "dynamic" pricing referred to previously on here but we hadn't seen any official confirmation.

Yes of course, the Club should inform the CAMC members!

Arch replied on 18/10/2022 12:17

Posted on 18/10/2022 11:40 by peedee

I have just spotted this on Trust Pilot posted in response to a complaint. It definitely indicates the Club is going to be introducing flexible pricing!

"The new system allows the Club to offer more flexible prices to members - in future this will allow the Club to potentially set lower annual price increases than it currently does to pitch, adult and child prices; and allows prices to increase by a small amount where booking volumes are higher than expected, or, for later bookings."

Not sure whether this will be a good or a bad thing, probably bad for popular sites.

I find it disgusting that we have to go to a third party web site for the detail of what is going on. Makes you think why bother with CT.

peedee

Posted on 18/10/2022 12:17

Looks like JVB was right then.

peedee replied on 18/10/2022 12:57

Posted on 18/10/2022 12:17 by Arch

Looks like JVB was right then.

Posted on 18/10/2022 12:57

Yes that is why I posted it but I could not remember who to acknowledge for the original indication..

peedee

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook