New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

JVB66 replied on 21/10/2022 21:53

Posted on 21/10/2022 20:34 by nelliethehooker

But haven't the T&Cs been changed/upgraded over the last week or so? If that is the case those in place when the the original bookings are made would have been different, and possibly less stringent than the present ones, and those would have been the ones read and ticked at the time of booking. One cannot be expected to read every change to the T&Cs especially if there is no notification that those changes have taken place.

Posted on 21/10/2022 21:53

Unless you tick the T&Cs box does it still let your booking go to completion?

vbfg replied on 22/10/2022 06:34

Posted on 22/10/2022 06:34

There are, understandably, a number of comments surrounding what happens regarding your deposit, if you cancel within the 21 day limit due to circumstances beyond your control, such as illness or very inclement weather which would make travelling dangerous.  As some members are also members of the CCC, I was wondering what their experiences have been regarding their deposit, if they have  had to cancel. 

cyberyacht replied on 22/10/2022 07:49

Posted on 22/10/2022 07:49

I wonder if by amending one's booking to still include at least one day of the original would avoid the cancellation penalty? If so, one could shift the booking by a series of six day amendments. Tedious but possibly doable.

peedee replied on 22/10/2022 08:21

Posted on 22/10/2022 06:34 by vbfg

There are, understandably, a number of comments surrounding what happens regarding your deposit, if you cancel within the 21 day limit due to circumstances beyond your control, such as illness or very inclement weather which would make travelling dangerous.  As some members are also members of the CCC, I was wondering what their experiences have been regarding their deposit, if they have  had to cancel. 

Posted on 22/10/2022 08:21

Surely if large amounts of money are involved which you can ill afford to lose you make sure you have adequate insurance. I have had to cancel a C&CC site once due to an injury. It meant a loss of £25 and I just took it on the chin. With small deposits it is not worth doing anything else.

peedee

EmilysDad replied on 22/10/2022 08:35

Posted on 22/10/2022 08:35

....  As some members are also members of the CCC, I was wondering what their experiences have been regarding their deposit, if they have  had to cancel. 

We should have been away now for a week or so with the C&CC. I phoned on 29 Sept to cancel due to Molly the Mutt having just had major surgery. the very helpful person I spoke to moved my booking to this time next year. So I have a year to amend & use my booking without loss of deposit. Effectively a credit note for £30-odd

replied on 22/10/2022 09:26

Posted on 21/10/2022 21:53 by JVB66

Unless you tick the T&Cs box does it still let your booking go to completion?

Posted on 22/10/2022 09:26

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

LLM replied on 22/10/2022 09:34

Posted on 22/10/2022 09:34

The C&CC terms seems to have been written by a legally trained person.  They are reasonably clear and concise.  Definitely worth reading as a comparison with the CAMC confusion.  I feel for the CAMC staff who may be required to interpret, explain, apply and defend them.  

vbfg replied on 22/10/2022 09:37

Posted on 22/10/2022 08:35 by EmilysDad

....  As some members are also members of the CCC, I was wondering what their experiences have been regarding their deposit, if they have  had to cancel. 

We should have been away now for a week or so with the C&CC. I phoned on 29 Sept to cancel due to Molly the Mutt having just had major surgery. the very helpful person I spoke to moved my booking to this time next year. So I have a year to amend & use my booking without loss of deposit. Effectively a credit note for £30-odd

Posted on 22/10/2022 09:37

Thanks for that info. I was just curious what the difference is between the Clubs in relation to their conditions, now that the CMHC have changed their booking conditions.

JVB66 replied on 22/10/2022 10:31

Posted on 22/10/2022 09:37 by vbfg

Thanks for that info. I was just curious what the difference is between the Clubs in relation to their conditions, now that the CMHC have changed their booking conditions.

Posted on 22/10/2022 10:31

Sounds as if the "Friendly club?"are in line for a lot more memberssurprised

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook