New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

Confused Bobdog replied on 23/10/2022 10:26

Posted on 23/10/2022 10:26

Trying to use the booking system is like going back to the days of dial up internet, so slow and glitchy, given up trying to book sites for next year, let’s hope they get an update and sort it before there’s no members left to use it. It wasn’t broke,  worked brilliantly and quickly so why change it?

EmilysDad replied on 23/10/2022 10:37

Posted on 23/10/2022 10:26 by Confused Bobdog

Trying to use the booking system is like going back to the days of dial up internet, so slow and glitchy, given up trying to book sites for next year, let’s hope they get an update and sort it before there’s no members left to use it. It wasn’t broke,  worked brilliantly and quickly so why change it?

Posted on 23/10/2022 10:37

this website was glacially slow before the new booking system was implemented 

peedee replied on 23/10/2022 10:57

Posted on 23/10/2022 10:57

It would help understanding if you could say what speed your Internet connection is. I am currently using a site's free WiFi connection and getting 26Mbs download and not having any problems.

peedee

peedee replied on 23/10/2022 11:11

Posted on 23/10/2022 10:57 by peedee

It would help understanding if you could say what speed your Internet connection is. I am currently using a site's free WiFi connection and getting 26Mbs download and not having any problems.

peedee

Posted on 23/10/2022 11:11

Even using a 4G signal with a download speed of 7Mbs I am not having a problem with a Samsung Tab 7 tablet running Android version 12.

I am checking speeds using >this<

peedee.

DJCarrick replied on 23/10/2022 11:22

Posted on 23/10/2022 11:22

Mmmm, not so impressed. Happy to pay a deposit, not a problem, but then having to pay an additional £25 to amend the same booking from one night to another (from Friday to Thursday, a single night on site) is ridiculous when the one night cost £28 in the first place!

I do feel that the club is going to loose out in the long term in buying in a system that was originally designed for something completely different, and not investing in a bespoke system that better serves your members and site staff. And when site wardens are struggling with it in the first place doesn't that tell you something? I wouldn't mind betting that you will loose more staff, especially as it seems that you are already struggling to employ the right people for the role anyway.

Rant over, I'll just have to risk booking at the last minute as my work dictates that sometimes I need to amend bookings slightly.

cyberyacht replied on 23/10/2022 11:38

Posted on 23/10/2022 11:38

The solution to all this is just phone up for a pitch on the day. Saves any potential loss.

Previously curtailing a stay resulted in the loss of one night's fees regardless of how many nights cancelled. How does the new system deal with this?

SteveL replied on 23/10/2022 12:26

Posted on 23/10/2022 11:38 by cyberyacht

The solution to all this is just phone up for a pitch on the day. Saves any potential loss.

Previously curtailing a stay resulted in the loss of one night's fees regardless of how many nights cancelled. How does the new system deal with this?

Posted on 23/10/2022 12:26

That depends on how the club use dynamic pricing. If booking late does result  in an increased price, you would end up paying more. For instance, £2 / 3 a night on our recent tour where 30 of our 45 nights were on CAMC sites, would  have cost £60 / 90 more. That’s a few deposits.

There will always be risks which ever route you choose.

Navigateur replied on 23/10/2022 12:36

Posted on 23/10/2022 12:36

Not all members are looking for one night stands.  I would usually want six or more consecutive nights because I want to be at that location for a while, so very unlightly to drop that lucky at one day's notice!

replied on 23/10/2022 12:50

Posted on 23/10/2022 11:38 by cyberyacht

Posted on 23/10/2022 12:50

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

Arch replied on 23/10/2022 12:54

Posted on 23/10/2022 12:26 by SteveL

That depends on how the club use dynamic pricing. If booking late does result  in an increased price, you would end up paying more. For instance, £2 / 3 a night on our recent tour where 30 of our 45 nights were on CAMC sites, would  have cost £60 / 90 more. That’s a few deposits.

There will always be risks which ever route you choose.

Posted on 23/10/2022 12:54

Thats exactly what the club would like the members to think, they want members to book early to fill up the coffers with the deposits I suspect the forward bookings are well down on previous years this must worry them as not all forward bookers would cancel.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook