New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

brue replied on 26/10/2022 08:28

Posted on 26/10/2022 07:47 by peedee

While I used your text Brue, the comment was for general consumption to indicate tour planning and browsing is possible allbeit more difficult on slow small screen devices. If I was doing any advanced planning it would either be on a tablet, laptop or a desktop notably to save my eyesight.

peedee

Posted on 26/10/2022 08:28

I'm using this thread solely to point up deficiencies in the new booking system or on occasions suggest ways of negotiating it. Personally I think it lacks ease of use and still has large gaps eg search facilities for CLs 

There is a long list of ongoing fixes and at least CAMC are now upfront about this in the booking experience section. They have also tried to help people negotiate the site via video demos using different devices.

Had the set up been better this probably wouldn't have been necessary however it's here now and I look forward to further improvements.

cyberyacht replied on 26/10/2022 09:00

Posted on 26/10/2022 09:00

On the matter of surveys being directed to site users, I would have thought any commercial enterprise would be more interested in why any members usage of CAMC sites had either declined or stopped altogether. It would be far more useful from a marketing point of view than garnering accolades on the quality of the toilet roll holders.

Because of the present execrable state of the booking system when I tried to book a pitch, I've gone to "the other lot". CAMC need to ensure that their core business is user friendly and runs seamlessly if they are to be the "go to" destination. They also need to be competitive on price.

SteveL replied on 26/10/2022 09:12

Posted on 26/10/2022 09:00 by cyberyacht

On the matter of surveys being directed to site users, I would have thought any commercial enterprise would be more interested in why any members usage of CAMC sites had either declined or stopped altogether. It would be far more useful from a marketing point of view than garnering accolades on the quality of the toilet roll holders.

Because of the present execrable state of the booking system when I tried to book a pitch, I've gone to "the other lot". CAMC need to ensure that their core business is user friendly and runs seamlessly if they are to be the "go to" destination. They also need to be competitive on price.

Posted on 26/10/2022 09:12

That’s exactly what it is about. It asks what other providers you have used in 2022 and what you expect, or have planned to use in 2023. There is also a question about value for money and would you recommend the club to others.Nothing about toilet roll holders in this one.😂

peedee replied on 26/10/2022 09:37

Posted on 26/10/2022 08:20 by SteveL

Neither does the web site on an iphone. Although it does on the iPad. Splitting the screen on something as small as a phone looks like a program error that needs sorting,

Posted on 26/10/2022 09:37

Your right, just tried it on my Android phone and there is no split. Is it only on the larger devices the screen splits or have the splits been removed? When I have my tablet to hand I will check to see if it has changed

peedee

SteveL replied on 26/10/2022 09:43

Posted on 26/10/2022 09:37 by peedee

Your right, just tried it on my Android phone and there is no split. Is it only on the larger devices the screen splits or have the splits been removed? When I have my tablet to hand I will check to see if it has changed

peedee

Posted on 26/10/2022 09:43

My iPad has always been split screen right from the start. On the web site it is a reasonable size, as it can be used in landscape. Although a slider allowing it to be bigger or smaller would be nice. 
On the App, which only works in portrait,  it is a thin slit of a map which is neither use nor ornament. It can be expanded but only to full screen.

JVB66 replied on 26/10/2022 09:53

Posted on 26/10/2022 08:06 by TimboC

My first experience of this club was as a 13 year old in 1973. We had an outside toilet tent, and pumped water into the caravan via a foot pump. We woke up with ice on the inside of the windows, and trudged over to the water tap in an inch of mud as hardstandings were few and far between.

The improvement in pitch type, facilities and benefits over the years are immeasurable, and why people flock to this forum to carp and moan is beyond me. Perfect? No. But to suggest that its nothing more than a money making organisation is just hyperbole.

Posted on 26/10/2022 09:53

Oh you of such a blinked outlook undecided

Rowena replied on 26/10/2022 10:04

Posted on 26/10/2022 10:04

Thank you to those who have expressed an interest in the Autumn Survey. For both Spring and Autumn surveys, we randomly select c40k members to be invited. We select a different 40k each time.

We have also been running mini surveys most months inviting c15k members (again different each time). These are another opportunity to share views. We will have one in November. Also in December. 

EmilysDad replied on 26/10/2022 10:37

Posted on 26/10/2022 10:04 by Rowena

Thank you to those who have expressed an interest in the Autumn Survey. For both Spring and Autumn surveys, we randomly select c40k members to be invited. We select a different 40k each time.

We have also been running mini surveys most months inviting c15k members (again different each time). These are another opportunity to share views. We will have one in November. Also in December. 

Posted on 26/10/2022 10:37

.... and no mention what-so-ever of the shambolic booking system .... 

peedee replied on 26/10/2022 10:59

Posted on 26/10/2022 10:37 by EmilysDad

.... and no mention what-so-ever of the shambolic booking system .... 

Posted on 26/10/2022 10:59

That is because it is not shambolic, the introduction was and it could be better but it is definitely not shambolic.

peedee

SteveL replied on 26/10/2022 11:01

Posted on 26/10/2022 11:01

My iPad is about 2 years old and the phone newer and as I have been stating, although the system is very far from perfect, I do find it useable and the maps fairly smooth.

However, I’ve just experimented on my old, almost 10 year old iPad running iOS 10, which the granddaughter plays with. Although you could probably make a booking if you new which site you wanted it is an extremely slow process and the map just does not function. I also tried it on my OH’s 7 year old iPad mini, running iOS 12 and the results were similar.

It is highly probable that a lot of the problems folk are having is due to the age of the devices they are using. Whilst the club is not unique in releasing software that isn’t compatible with earlier devices, it’s why I upgraded my pad, as lots of the Apps I used had stopped functioning properly, or just didn’t run. It is disappointing that a members club has seen fit to do so.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook