New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

EmilysDad replied on 26/10/2022 13:56

Posted on 26/10/2022 10:59 by peedee

That is because it is not shambolic, the introduction was and it could be better but it is definitely not shambolic.

peedee

Posted on 26/10/2022 13:56

I wouldn't know .... I've yet to make a booking, but your view is some what different from the majority here.

peedee replied on 26/10/2022 14:03

Posted on 26/10/2022 14:03

but your view is some what different from the majority here.

I could hardly fail to notice that but it does not mean I am wrong.

peedee

peedee replied on 26/10/2022 14:10

Posted on 26/10/2022 14:10

CAMC need to ensure that their core business is user friendly and runs seamlessly if they are to be the "go to" destination. They also need to be competitive on price.

I do agree CY particularly with the last sentance. As someone who uses a variety of sites and has just come back from a few days on a commercial site, I think the Club is going to be struggling against the price of the competition. That is more likely to effect the membership than ever the booking system will.

peedee

TimboC replied on 26/10/2022 14:19

Posted on 26/10/2022 13:56 by EmilysDad

I wouldn't know .... I've yet to make a booking, but your view is some what different from the majority here.

Posted on 26/10/2022 14:19

View, or experience?

I agree with peedee because my experience has been positive, and yet by saying so I've been told I'm 'blinkered', that I'm wearing 'rose tinted spectacles' , that I'm a 'denier' and that my posts are 'belittling and unhelpful'.

I havent tried to amend or cancel a booking yet, but the bookings I have made have been simple and straight forward. Clearly, many are having problems but the answer is to seek a positive and constructive solution via the channels provided by the club and then to publish them here.

JVB66 replied on 26/10/2022 14:20

Posted on 26/10/2022 12:06 by TimboC

Spot on peedee.

From reading some posts, anyone would think that the Board are sitting in their ivory tower, getting fat on champagne and caviar while sticking two fingers up to the membership. Its utter nonsense.

Posted on 26/10/2022 14:20

You are being a bit ott with that but with your and timboc other replies it seems you are not aware of how much of our money it seems is used on vanity ideas from EGH to normally the detrimental effect that site staff have to try to mitigate undecided

TimboC replied on 26/10/2022 14:25

Posted on 26/10/2022 14:20 by JVB66

You are being a bit ott with that but with your other replies it seems you are not aware of how much of our money it seems is used on vanity ideas from EGH to normally the detrimental effect that site staff have to try to mitigate undecided

Posted on 26/10/2022 14:25

Do you have proof of that? What vanity ideas are you referring to?

It seems to me that the club is between a rock and a hard place. Take the name change for example. Some saw it as a waste of money, but a number of Motorhomers welcomed it as they felt more included. Damned if they do, and damned if they don't 

obbernockle replied on 26/10/2022 14:39

Posted on 26/10/2022 14:39

We have tried this afternoon to use the website to find a couple of C's. The search facility is totally unusable. Absolute and utter junk. We have a Sites Directory which is now so far out of date it is also becoming unfit to use. Well done The Caravan and Motorhome Club. You have just about trashed it.  Our annual fee is due for renewal in December. NO CHANCE!

JVB66 replied on 26/10/2022 14:52

Posted on 26/10/2022 14:52

Motor caravans as known by the DVLA have been welcomed in this club for many years before. the name change? It was only recently with their growth it was decided to include the "marketing name" as part of the vanity (kept very quiet) name change which because of how much it was costing us members has not be completed 

The latest booking system has also been it is advised an even more of a money pit,and still more untill some sort of a user friendly workable system is some time in the future  avaliable ?

?

JVB66 replied on 26/10/2022 15:02

Posted on 26/10/2022 14:39 by obbernockle

We have tried this afternoon to use the website to find a couple of C's. The search facility is totally unusable. Absolute and utter junk. We have a Sites Directory which is now so far out of date it is also becoming unfit to use. Well done The Caravan and Motorhome Club. You have just about trashed it.  Our annual fee is due for renewal in December. NO CHANCE!

Posted on 26/10/2022 15:02

And with according to some , the sites directory paper version,. going digital?,  a very large part of the membership will be for the unforeseeable future up the creek without the very informative book for information on Sites and the CLnetwork

Takethedogalong replied on 26/10/2022 15:28

Posted on 26/10/2022 14:39 by obbernockle

Posted on 26/10/2022 15:28

Obbernockle, don’t use the new bookings App. The route to go for CLs is Find a UK Site, click on CLs, scroll down to Country (England, etc….) then choose County, then closest town, then you will see CLs in that area. It’s not brilliant for a big area search, and anything cross county borders, but it’s the best route at the moment, unless you know the area you want, in which case ditch the Club website, and use Searchforsites. Good luck.👍

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook