New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

Tinwheeler replied on 26/10/2022 18:53

Posted on 26/10/2022 18:27 by JVB66
Content has been removed.

Posted on 26/10/2022 18:53

But this thread is titled "New Booking System". You seem determined to drag it off track into name changes, names for MHs, dash for cash etc etc. 

Why not concentrate on the difficulties of the booking system so the staff can easily see the pertinent points instead of finding themselves bogged down in irrelevancies.

TimboC replied on 26/10/2022 19:18

Posted on 26/10/2022 15:48 by Hja

Your last sentence presumes that contact direct to the club produces a positive and constructive solution.

I have reported issues using the club booking feedback form. I have had no reply at all. The list of fixes fixed doesn’t help, neither does the list of potential fixes. Still no proper working filter for CLs, still no links from summary info to full site details with map coordinates (so important for CLs) map location, and directions. List search  still only bringing up 20 or so sites. Yes there is a sort of workaround for the latter, but not for some of the other issues. As I say, no response from club, site still not fit for purpose. CL section of site had no relevance to changing site for deposits, pitch type selection etc, but CL section trashed.

Posted on 26/10/2022 19:18

I still think that the club is making an effort to improve things, and posts by Rowena show that comments are being read. I accept its not perfect, but trying to book a hotel in Brighton via Trivago last night was a nightmare too. Took me half an hour.

At the end of the day, this is just a booking system and we shouldn't allow it to dictate how we go about our hobby. The most important bit is the holiday,not the booking experience. There is still the handbook, google maps, google streetview and the telephone so I'm damned if I'll let it ruin my trip

huskydog replied on 26/10/2022 19:36

Posted on 26/10/2022 18:17 by TobyLeeds

Can people who want to complain about

Name changes

Cost of sites

Surveys

etc

please open different threads as this one is supposedly dedicated to the operation of the website.

As someone who has taken 2 weeks to get a ringtone from silent on my mobile I’m dreading my first attempt at a booking. It could be private sites next year.

Posted on 26/10/2022 19:36

Don’t dread it , I did a booking last night and it was straight forward,and not a bad as some are making out 

TimboC replied on 26/10/2022 19:46

Posted on 26/10/2022 19:36 by huskydog

Don’t dread it , I did a booking last night and it was straight forward,and not a bad as some are making out 

Posted on 26/10/2022 19:46

Agreed

Tinwheeler replied on 26/10/2022 20:10

Posted on 26/10/2022 19:36 by huskydog

Posted on 26/10/2022 20:10

Husky, it's very good to hear that you’re no longer having problems. It would be interesting to know whether you think you’ve got used to the system or if there are any particular aspects that have improved since you posted the following? Either way, it’s progress👍🏻👏🏻

Posted on 20/09/2022 08:09

So I tried the booking site again, I put in the area Dorset and it gave me the option of 3 sites
in Oxfordshire 1 in the South of France! , as well as the sites in Dorset.
Very poor, but I didn't expect any better from the Club, so I'm not disappointed

nelliethehooker replied on 26/10/2022 20:27

Posted on 26/10/2022 07:59 by

There was a world before the internet and it's still possible  now to use the members handbook and ring  the site or cl . Touring does not have to stop when there is no WiFi. I still book cls like this.

Posted on 26/10/2022 20:27

But the SD is out of date before one receives it. The prices shown are seldom that which apply when enquires are made and over the two year period, as there is now no longer a mid term update supplement, there are many changes in the number of CLs, with new ones added and others disappeared, so not as up-to-date as the website.

nelliethehooker replied on 26/10/2022 20:37

Posted on 26/10/2022 14:03 by peedee

but your view is some what different from the majority here.

I could hardly fail to notice that but it does not mean I am wrong.

peedee

Posted on 26/10/2022 20:37

And it doesn't mean you right either. Very many other are obviously finding that it is shambolic as far as they are concerned.

huskydog replied on 26/10/2022 20:51

Posted on 26/10/2022 20:10 by Tinwheeler

Husky, it's very good to hear that you’re no longer having problems. It would be interesting to know whether you think you’ve got used to the system or if there are any particular aspects that have improved since you posted the following? Either way, it’s progress👍🏻👏🏻

Posted on 20/09/2022 08:09

So I tried the booking site again, I put in the area Dorset and it gave me the option of 3 sites
in Oxfordshire 1 in the South of France! , as well as the sites in Dorset.
Very poor, but I didn't expect any better from the Club, so I'm not disappointed

Posted on 26/10/2022 20:51

Well they have obviously listened and made some updates , and at this moment in time I don’t find it difficult to book a site . If it was difficult I would go elsewhere 

it’s good to see that you keep a record of my posts , and if I ever need to recall one I will give you a shout ! 

Bromptonaut replied on 26/10/2022 20:53

Posted on 26/10/2022 10:59 by peedee

That is because it is not shambolic, the introduction was and it could be better but it is definitely not shambolic.

peedee

Posted on 26/10/2022 20:53

PLease could you explain how I use the new booking engine to choose dates and seek availability at any site in England?

Was easy enough on the old version. 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook