New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

Hja replied on 12/10/2022 15:45

Posted on 12/10/2022 15:23 by vbfg

It isn't just CMHC sites though is it?  Someone was reviewing a very nice CL only the other day and I notice that the price  goes up from £20 to £25 from the start of next year and I have noticed other CLs prices are going up as well and I envisage that many commercial sites will put up their prices for next year. Realistically, we couldn't really expect anything else. 

Posted on 12/10/2022 15:45

Some sites are turning to electricity metering, which at lease gives you options. Heating/hot water on gas is probably cheaper than the high rates of electricity some sites are now having to pay (depending on when their contracts change)

birdwatcher7 replied on 12/10/2022 16:00

Posted on 12/10/2022 16:00

Well my first go at the new app and it has taken around 25 mins to book one night at one site! I have had to re enter all the information the Club holds for me including my date of birth, length of car etc. Surely I should just be able to enter our membership number and it auto-fill!. What is going on! I booked a private site before this and it took max 3 mins. 

Sorry if all this has been mentioned before but this is an embarrassment to the Club.

replied on 12/10/2022 16:15

Posted on 12/10/2022 10:58 by SteveL

Indeed it is a bit sneaky. Although  I don’t think they can be considered excessive. I looked at the same 4 days we booked at Cirencester in October 2021 and these had increased 3.8% to this year and currently another 6.8% to 2023. Given the rate of inflation that scale of price rises seems reasonable.

Posted on 12/10/2022 16:15

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

replied on 12/10/2022 16:24

Posted on 12/10/2022 16:24

DavidKlyne replied on 12/10/2022 16:31

Posted on 11/10/2022 21:43 by nelliethehooker

Can you really see the "Club" introducing a specific app for CLs? Even if they did, with the one now in place that is so c**p, would it be any better? I very much doubt it, in both respects, in that they are not really interested in CLs and their performance so far on both the app and the new booking site leave a very lot to be desired. Another thing, would they even announce its  arrival, should it ever come into existence, as by last performances they have been noticeable by their silence.

Posted on 12/10/2022 16:31

Nellie

I was trying to put forward a positive way forward. It seems that having both Club sites and CL's combined in the same system causes more issues than it solves. I would have thought it quite easy (by those that do such things) to create a CL specific App. You wouldn't need the booking aspect as you have to book direct which would free up a lot of the detail. Tell me differently but the old App seemed to work OK? I imagine the same people that wrote that would also write the new App but without the difficulties associated with the booking system. So why shouldn't a stand alone CL App for be perfectly feasible? 

David

caraman replied on 12/10/2022 17:00

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31 by Rowena

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

Posted on 12/10/2022 17:00

Why is the new app so bad? It’s the most infuriating app that I have ever used, why don’t we just scrap it and get someone to reinstate the old and then ask the members what they need. It used to be a members club not the corporate body i5 has now become, don’t members count any more. Just tried to book a club site for 3 nights and found I was booked for 2 because the Saturday was fully booked, at least with the old app yo7 could tell what was full,

replied on 12/10/2022 17:00

Posted on 12/10/2022 17:00

SteveL replied on 12/10/2022 17:33

Posted on 12/10/2022 16:15 by

The rate of inflation is calculated by the change in price of a host of different things, the vast majority of which will not affect the price of providing a patch of gravel or grass on which to park.  My point is that just because the rate of inflation rises, or even falls, does not mean that the price of CC Ltd site usage is affected to the same level.   To say that a price change is reasonable just because the rate of inflation has changed does not make sense to me.   As my old mum would say what has that got to do with the price of fish.

Posted on 12/10/2022 17:33

As you say many things will not affect the cost of a pitch. However, overall inflation is highly influenced by the price of gas, electricity, fuel for the tractors, wages for the staff. Increasing cost of outside services such as electricians the people who empty the medical waste bins in the facilities. The cost of collecting commercial waste, emptying the septic tanks etc etc.

The price of fish doesn’t have a lot to do with it. Although our local fish man has had to up his prices. A tank of fuel for his van is now over £100 and fuel costs affect the boats as well. 

Personally I think increases which are at or below inflation reasonable. Look about DD there is much that isn’t rising in price.

Takethedogalong replied on 12/10/2022 17:33

Posted on 12/10/2022 17:00 by

Perhaps if more people used the independent CL booking app then any attachment to CC Ltd could be severed.  

CL Booking

Posted on 12/10/2022 17:33

Lots do use CL Bookings DD, us included. But we also like to go back and use CLs that we have used for lots of years as well, and some of these don’t have websites, etc…. CL Bookings send out a monthly newsletter that always has some points of interest included, along with new Sites on their network, featured Sites, Sites with something of particular interest, and bits of other relevant information.

The latest newsletter includes information relating to metered pitches, and how they are allowing CLs to pass on the metered costs to visitors, so that frugal users can benefit, and those who want to spend more can do. All the Club offers mainly is a pitch price, hook up charges included, like it or lump it. Our week’s tour of Suffolk was very interesting, based on something similar. We used a lovely CL with HS, hook ups, and a loo and shower (very nice one) for three nights of our week. We paid £16 per night for this CL, and if we chose to use the shower, rather than our own facilities, then it was £1 for a good 8 minutes of red hot shower water. (We did share a shower, both of us having short easy washed hair after a cold bike ride). So that’s another way some CLs are keeping a basic pitch price reasonable, but giving those who want extra facilities a bit more for a small extra payment. Our week’s tour came in at an average of £13.20 per night, that includes hook ups, HS and nice clean toilets for 5 nights. The other two nights were a Britstop (free), and a basic CL. 

replied on 12/10/2022 17:36

Posted on 12/10/2022 17:36

Content has been removed.
near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook