New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

Appache replied on 11/10/2022 19:24

Posted on 11/10/2022 19:24

Anyone done a Basket booking for next year(took 4hrs).I then had to phone to ask WHY the deposit I'd paid over £200 hadn't been taken off each individual booking?. Operator said I'll ask my supervisor 10mins later she was back on phone "Have you got a pen? These are the individual Site fees you will pay,, we've worked it out for you!!" It's a glitch in the new system?Booked 2 sites with C/C Club, Seconds latter email arrived showing total and amount to pay with deposit off. Perhaps our IT department should contact theirs re GLITCH'S on a new system we've waited some time for.x

Fastnet replied on 11/10/2022 19:39

Posted on 11/10/2022 17:46 by eurortraveller
Content has been removed.

Posted on 11/10/2022 19:39

That feels like a pretty condescending response to me.

1) Why should members need to use Google?

2) Why does the App not allow members to conduct a search?

I think we all know the answer to these questions.

Fastnet replied on 11/10/2022 19:50

Posted on 11/10/2022 08:47 by eurortraveller

Of course you can find the information you are looking for. Use the spyglass search icon in the top right hand corner of the screen and type in the name of the site you want . Map, location,directions,description and reviews will all appear before your very eyes.

Posted on 11/10/2022 19:50

1). The spyglass is not where you say it is.

2) How does the system know that any particular sites are full, when I have not yet entered any arrival or departure dates?

3). none of the information you say is there, is actually there.

Please note.  I do not take my home pc with me on tour and I doubt anyone else does either.

Why can you not accept that the club has made some serious errors?

Hja replied on 11/10/2022 20:30

Posted on 11/10/2022 17:46 by eurortraveller
Content has been removed.

Posted on 11/10/2022 20:30

I also find this reply condescending. 

I have finally found the filter for CLs. HOVER over Find a UK campsite, select  CLs, click search a CL. This takes you to the map facility. Ensure UK sites tab is highlighted (not  overseas or crossings). Deselect Affiliated sites from under map. On left hand part of screen, click location button, identify location (a bit hit and miss. Tried England for trial run) Click on Filter. Had to deselect Affiliated and overseas sites again.  Select filter characteristic. Click Update. This returns you to the map screen. Click on Search. This will give you a list.

Whilst this works, firstly it includes all Club Sites, secondly the filter is poor.  So wont identify motorhome friendly CLs. Doesn't identify Offgrid sites which it used to. I am sure others will find other deficits in the filter. Not as flexible as the old site.

Eurotraveller identifies the facility to search by county. That facility is actually less helpful than the hand book. It only works if you know the County in which your likely sites are to be found, and the town to which they have been attached. At least with the handbook you have the paper map with site numbers which allow you easily to identify suitable locations. Where county boundaries are close searching by county is very time consuming. Obviously the handbook rapidly becomes out of date which is why the map search facility is preferable (in my view).

But I repeat there is no link to the full site details with price, full details, OS coordinates, arrival directions, pitch surface etc. And before anyone accuses me of just moaning, I have contacted the club via the new system feedback form.  No reply however.

Site less functional than old version.

DavidKlyne replied on 11/10/2022 20:58

Posted on 11/10/2022 20:58

Unless the Club have a long term aim of members being able to book CL's via the booking website, currently most unlikely, I wonder if there would be any value to users to have separate Apps for main club sites and CL's? I would have thought that would allow a lot more flexibility in the way the app was designed to make it more user friendly? Just a thought.

David

nelliethehooker replied on 11/10/2022 21:43

Posted on 11/10/2022 20:58 by DavidKlyne

Unless the Club have a long term aim of members being able to book CL's via the booking website, currently most unlikely, I wonder if there would be any value to users to have separate Apps for main club sites and CL's? I would have thought that would allow a lot more flexibility in the way the app was designed to make it more user friendly? Just a thought.

David

Posted on 11/10/2022 21:43

Can you really see the "Club" introducing a specific app for CLs? Even if they did, with the one now in place that is so c**p, would it be any better? I very much doubt it, in both respects, in that they are not really interested in CLs and their performance so far on both the app and the new booking site leave a very lot to be desired. Another thing, would they even announce its  arrival, should it ever come into existence, as by last performances they have been noticeable by their silence.

paulmold replied on 11/10/2022 22:06

Posted on 11/10/2022 22:06

Club should simply admit they got it wrong, revert back to old app and website while they rethink it, redesign it and relaunch it when sorted. 

Takethedogalong replied on 11/10/2022 22:52

Posted on 11/10/2022 22:52

The Club can’t get involved in CL bookings, beyond assisting checking Membership details. Every CL is individual, and operates individually. One or two we use, the owners possibly don’t even own a mobile, let alone a ruddy website! But they are lovely CLs nonetheless. 

InaD replied on 12/10/2022 08:13

Posted on 12/10/2022 08:13

I agree, CLs are totally separate from the main CAMC website/bookings.  I still can't see how they have been incorporated into the main booking system, apart from the obvious fact that CAMC isn't interested in CLs in the first place.  They need to be booked with the CL itself, not via the main booking system. 

brue replied on 12/10/2022 09:02

Posted on 12/10/2022 09:02

It is possible to have a good system for CLs, the C&CC do it for CS sites. They run an easy filter system on camp site searches, select CS sites, no map needed, put in a town or county and the CS sites appear with details, prices and links.

So far CAMC have made CL searches hard work with a poor index and missing details. 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook