New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

JVB66 replied on 10/10/2022 09:24

Posted on 10/10/2022 07:16 by SteveL

The system certainly seems to be working well enough now, certainly on iOS devices. I can’t speak for any others as I’ve not used them. I’ve used it for booking and amending and after a shaky start, things have definitely improved. However, it is still a long way from the complete package we were promised. The sites now seem to have got to grips with it. When we arrived on the 12th of September it took ages to check in and there was only us.

To me though it was the manner of its introduction that I take issue with. Site suddenly down for 24 hours with no warning. 2 / 3 hour queues to get on the booking site when it came back. No pre release tutorials, they clearly hadn’t even been thought about, as they didn’t appear until several days later. Releasing all four back months in one go. That really was a stroke of genius. I could go on but you get the idea.

Posted on 10/10/2022 09:24

Speaking to members who have attempted to use the system it seems from conversations that it is still as of yesterday very much depending on what system you are using to make any.sense of how to work it🤔

brue replied on 10/10/2022 09:49

Posted on 10/10/2022 09:49

The complaints about deposits are a separate issue amongst those who object but the main frustration has been the implementation. We were expecting a new booking system but were presented with a partially working one as quoted by the club after the launch  "not the complete experience."

So much could have been done to mitigate this and had more explanations been given in advance I think some would have been more tolerant.

I've seen adjustments being made, eg the new late availability is partially working but it's still very much "not complete" and I think we've only had one apology. How about some listed updates too, these would be really helpful to everyone.

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 10/10/2022 10:13

Posted on 10/10/2022 10:13

Content has been removed.

Takethedogalong replied on 10/10/2022 10:29

Posted on 10/10/2022 10:29

It all reminds me of something else🤔 Promises made, nirvana on the horizon, reality bites a bit harder sadly…..

Jim49 replied on 10/10/2022 14:03

Posted on 10/10/2022 14:03

I found booking a pitch, knowing where I wanted to stay, was no harder than with the previous website design but that's not saying a great deal. What is driving me insane is trying to find information that was easy to see before, e.g. a map showing the locaction of the site with recommended directions etc. as well as member reviews. Now I can't locate any of these. The new website is horrible, the new app no better. The old site needed improvements  and could be annoying to use but who thought this one was better? 

kenexton replied on 10/10/2022 18:35

Posted on 10/10/2022 18:35

Not at all impressed by the new booking system,It is even more opaque than the CCC's booking system.Some heads should be rolling at CMC HQ after this fiasco.

Whittakerr replied on 11/10/2022 08:31

Posted on 10/10/2022 18:35 by kenexton

Not at all impressed by the new booking system,It is even more opaque than the CCC's booking system.Some heads should be rolling at CMC HQ after this fiasco.

Posted on 11/10/2022 08:31

Not sure what you mean by  "even more opaque than the CCC's booking system". I've never had any problem with the CCC system and find it clear and transparent.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook