New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

BernardinTring replied on 09/10/2022 18:24

Posted on 09/10/2022 18:24

Sorry to prolong the agony but can someone explain the following? I've dipped my toe in the water with this new system for the first time and would like some help as to what it means I'm seeing/

As aa 'test' selected Chatsworth Park for the period 22nd October to 5th November - I'm not intending going, just looking to try and understand the system and thought sa popular site would make it easy to spot differences in full and availability.

Cannot do a screen shot but my selected dates appear in a greenish colour. The start and end dates being deeper shades of the green.

Of the sixteen days,22, 24, 29 4 & 5 are empty/blank of any wording, just the greenish colour.

The other days, 23, 25, 26, 27, 28 30 31, 1, 2 & 3 all have a price and the word LOW.

Underneath the selected date box the appears in highlighted red, the following 'Sorry, there is no availability between Sunday 22nd October and Saturday 5th November.

Also on the righthand side overlaying the mapin a light green box,  are the words 'This camp site may be full during this time.

The two phrases seems to conflict in their message, one saying 'may be', the other emphatic 'no availability'

I'm confused..

Am I correct in assuming only the days with LOW and a price  have vacancies and the Blank days are the FULL occupancy days?

Any clarity would be appreciated.

I miss the colour orange denoting full, so much easier.

axl replied on 09/10/2022 18:40

Posted on 09/10/2022 18:40

I think I need to leave! I always used late availability as a self employed person my getaways are usually last min and this new system wont let me do that!!! I will just go back to using commercials as it is so much easier!

TimboC replied on 09/10/2022 19:12

Posted on 09/10/2022 18:40 by axl

I think I need to leave! I always used late availability as a self employed person my getaways are usually last min and this new system wont let me do that!!! I will just go back to using commercials as it is so much easier!

Posted on 09/10/2022 19:12

Have you seen this page Axl?

https://www.caravanclub.co.uk/uk-holidays/uk-search-and-book/late-availability/

eurortraveller replied on 09/10/2022 20:13

Posted on 09/10/2022 18:40 by axl

Posted on 09/10/2022 20:13

Come on, get real !   The new system will let you do it. There are lots of Club sites with vacancies tomorrow.. There always are.

replied on 09/10/2022 20:14

Posted on 09/10/2022 20:14

Content has been removed.

TimboC replied on 09/10/2022 20:47

Posted on 09/10/2022 20:47

Good point DD. I have made bookings without issue, turned up on site and had a couple of enjoyable stays. 

I haven't had to amend or cancel bookings so far, so reserve final judgement, but based on my experiences to date, it gets a thumbs up from me. 

Hja replied on 09/10/2022 21:01

Posted on 09/10/2022 21:01

I am sure if you know exactly where and when you wish to go you can make a booking.

But the search facility for CLs still doesnt work properly and full info for CLs is not available without naming an individual site, and there is no filter available for CLs. The current summary info doesnt even tell you if the pitches are hardstanding or grass.

Just done a search on Cambridgeshire which listed one Club site and 8 CLs.

It simply isnt good enough.

SteveL replied on 10/10/2022 07:16

Posted on 09/10/2022 20:47 by TimboC

Good point DD. I have made bookings without issue, turned up on site and had a couple of enjoyable stays. 

I haven't had to amend or cancel bookings so far, so reserve final judgement, but based on my experiences to date, it gets a thumbs up from me. 

Posted on 10/10/2022 07:16

The system certainly seems to be working well enough now, certainly on iOS devices. I can’t speak for any others as I’ve not used them. I’ve used it for booking and amending and after a shaky start, things have definitely improved. However, it is still a long way from the complete package we were promised. The sites now seem to have got to grips with it. When we arrived on the 12th of September it took ages to check in and there was only us.

To me though it was the manner of its introduction that I take issue with. Site suddenly down for 24 hours with no warning. 2 / 3 hour queues to get on the booking site when it came back. No pre release tutorials, they clearly hadn’t even been thought about, as they didn’t appear until several days later. Releasing all four back months in one go. That really was a stroke of genius. I could go on but you get the idea.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook