New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

huskydog replied on 09/10/2022 10:56

Posted on 09/10/2022 10:56

I think the reason why we have had no communication from Head office is that they have all gone to the coast to bury their heads in the sand surprised 

JVB66 replied on 09/10/2022 10:57

Posted on 09/10/2022 10:57

The neigbours we have on site have not been here before and they recognised OH from Cromer when we were all on the bus to Sherringham and we had spoken about this site

He said they nearly gave up trying to book via the new system after three failed attempts so they went via the call centre and got through after about 10mins the lady who answered said it was not long wait?

They were also told that more staffing is required now as even though it is not peak time they are very busy since the new booking system had been introduced

So taking from that at least some at EGH are aware although the heads will take it as people not being familiar with the way it works!??

philllx replied on 09/10/2022 11:52

Posted on 09/10/2022 11:52

I can book a hotel through a website like booking.com, with no deposit ,or a Travelodge/Premier inn, cancel on the day of arrival at no cost. 21 days notice required for a campsiteundecided then wait to be refunded.

SteveL replied on 09/10/2022 12:31

Posted on 09/10/2022 11:52 by philllx

I can book a hotel through a website like booking.com, with no deposit ,or a Travelodge/Premier inn, cancel on the day of arrival at no cost. 21 days notice required for a campsiteundecided then wait to be refunded.

Posted on 09/10/2022 12:31

Only on the more expensive tariffs. Lesser tariffs have cut off points or are non refundable. Also although you don’t have to part with any money until arrival if you opt for the dearer tariff with Premier inn, unless it has changed recently you have to pay on booking with Travel Lodge.

Perhaps the CC will introduce fully flexible tariffs. At a premium of course.🤔

My point is that different providers have different policies, you either accept them or you don’t. Many camp sites, even the other club have less attractive T&C’s than this one. Personally I think they have made a mistake loosing their USP. However, it’s a done deal that I now factor in when choosing a site to stay on. Almost certainly it will result in a reduction in the number of CAMC site nights we make each year, to someone else’s benefit.

JVB66 replied on 09/10/2022 12:58

Posted on 09/10/2022 12:31 by SteveL

Only on the more expensive tariffs. Lesser tariffs have cut off points or are non refundable. Also although you don’t have to part with any money until arrival if you opt for the dearer tariff with Premier inn, unless it has changed recently you have to pay on booking with Travel Lodge.

Perhaps the CC will introduce fully flexible tariffs. At a premium of course.🤔

My point is that different providers have different policies, you either accept them or you don’t. Many camp sites, even the other club have less attractive T&C’s than this one. Personally I think they have made a mistake loosing their USP. However, it’s a done deal that I now factor in when choosing a site to stay on. Almost certainly it will result in a reduction in the number of CAMC site nights we make each year, to someone else’s benefit.

Posted on 09/10/2022 12:58

I so agree with your last paragraph where you posted about the USP of the user friendly booking system now lost 

We were always using Cc sites as our first choice that as quite few of the same  conversations we have had with others has now gone 

GEandGJE replied on 09/10/2022 14:01

Posted on 09/10/2022 14:01

Do people really expect the club to address club matters and issues that only affect club members on a social media site thats open to the public to view. 

Any response from the club now would get pulled apart every which way.

If people really have issues write an open letter to the Chairman, post it on CT, send it to the club magazine, do something positive the continuing moaning on here is getting boring.

JVB66 replied on 09/10/2022 14:07

Posted on 09/10/2022 14:01 by GEandGJE

Do people really expect the club to address club matters and issues that only affect club members on a social media site thats open to the public to view. 

Any response from the club now would get pulled apart every which way.

If people really have issues write an open letter to the Chairman, post it on CT, send it to the club magazine, do something positive the continuing moaning on here is getting boring.

Posted on 09/10/2022 14:07

And you really think your suggestions will get any other response than the club already have given so far?

And you honestly think a letter like that would be published in the club magazine?

GEandGJE replied on 09/10/2022 14:12

Posted on 09/10/2022 14:07 by JVB66

And you really think your suggestions will get any other response than the club already have given so far?

And you honestly think a letter like that would be published in the club magazine?

Posted on 09/10/2022 14:12

Whats your suggestion to move this issue forward.

Arch replied on 09/10/2022 15:59

Posted on 09/10/2022 14:31 by peedee

the continuing moaning on here is getting boring.

Getting? It is boring.

peedee

Posted on 09/10/2022 15:59

Simple answer don't read it, as for everyone else keep on complaining/moaning it's a recognised form of protest.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook