It's a bit unfair

malc116 replied on 20/07/2021 18:11

Posted on 20/07/2021 18:11

I have been a club member for some years now and I am growing more and more frustrated with the ongoing situation of members block booking different sites for the same dates and failing to turn up. I know the club does not charge a booking fee and long may this continue but to block book sites on the same date and then fail to turn up at the site has seen an increase of fully booked sites when in reality they would have spare pitches.  If only members would do the decent thing by cancelling any other bookings made for that date. This is especially evident around bank holidays and Easter. Now that the club is fully open and we all wish to get away from this awful lock down, I wish to ask all members to do the right thing and cancel any unused bookings that they do not need. I am sure that if the club were to start charging a booking (non refundable) fees this situation would end overnight. Thank you in advance.

Moderator Comment - Malc, posts like this should really be posted in the discussion area so I have moved it for you.

cyberyacht replied on 21/07/2021 11:26

Posted on 21/07/2021 11:26

Without going into each site individually, it is impossible to see how much it is going to cost and CAMC have seen fit to withhold such information unless you trawl the website for it or phone the individual site. Customer friendly ? I don't think so. 

Cornersteady replied on 21/07/2021 11:34

Posted on 21/07/2021 11:23 by eurortraveller

Oh no, don’t you cancel as well.  15 out of 20Devon and Cornwall sites have vacancies already for the full week ahead and it’s peak season.

Posted on 21/07/2021 11:34

For someone who says he doesn't use club sites and won't you do appear to keep a good eye on availability, and keen to point it out. That means 5 fives are full.

But Devon and Cornwall always have vacancies due to their location? Are non club sites full? I would think occupancy rates are more important than having every club site full? 

Cornersteady replied on 21/07/2021 11:39

Posted on 21/07/2021 10:50 by peedee

What the Club does not know is how many, on seeing a site fully booked, simply go elsewhere. I have done it three times so far this year which has resulted in the Club losing 17 days bookings from me.

peedee

Posted on 21/07/2021 11:39

I don't understand that, if a site looks fully booked then they couldn't have got your money anyway?

replied on 21/07/2021 12:05

Posted on 21/07/2021 11:21 by moulesy

Understandable - it does seem that club sites seem to be the sites of choice for many unable to travel overseas this year! wink

Posted on 21/07/2021 12:05

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

Cornersteady replied on 21/07/2021 12:09

Posted on 21/07/2021 11:46 by peedee

Are non club sites full?

Polmater is even at their prices

peedee

Posted on 21/07/2021 12:09

Good (but so are 5 club sites) but of course it might have no shows too perhaps?

Cornersteady replied on 21/07/2021 12:16

Posted on 21/07/2021 12:16

but are easy for those who can't be bothered to look elsewhere - I assume you include yourself here? 

But no I disagree, this is somewhat like the club sites are full because people don't know there are better sites out there line. Both are a little insulting in my view to the thousands who use club sites. Perhaps they do know what is out there and perhaps indeed have looked elsewhere and found that club sites are exactly what they want? I give club sites users more credit in choosing a site that is best for them?  

replied on 21/07/2021 12:22

Posted on 21/07/2021 12:22

Content has been removed.

Cornersteady replied on 21/07/2021 12:33

Posted on 21/07/2021 11:46 by peedee

Are non club sites full?

Polmater is even at their prices

peedee

Posted on 21/07/2021 12:33

wow, yes eye watering prices and conditions

£53 per night on a service pitch, children (from age 3 to 15) charged at £10.50, and £5 per dog.

Seven nights minimum stay in peak, £50 non refundable deposit per week, full payment required six weeks before arrival and cancel within six weeks of arrival and lose everything.

Even if you have to cancel due to national covid rules you won't get all your money as they'll keep some back due to 'direct costs' .

They do helpfully offer their 'holiday protection plan' but even that won't cover all of your money if you have to cancel within 28 days. Cancel with seven days and you'll only get 60% back.

And I must remember this when people say club sites are expensive!

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook