Frustrating

unners replied on 10/02/2017 23:37

Posted on 10/02/2017 23:37

Is it just me or is anyone else frustrated with the caravan club!?  I've given up and joined the camping and caravan club. Their website is so much more user friendly. The search facility for the cc club is useless unless you are using your current location. Looked at booking holidays abroad,  but according to the caravan club they were unavailable. Not according to the site direct or the c&cc.  The app argggh, well @#$%, unless I'm in my current location.  The club websites don't work on post code either. Ive got 2 weddings to attend this year and neither website nor app can give me a site near the location of the wedding.  2 Sites now booked within 10 mins of the venues with the c&cc. I don't want to leave,  but the Cc club are making the decision easier and easier as time goes by. Surely this can't be just me :0 (

crusader replied on 11/02/2017 00:00

Posted on 11/02/2017 00:00

I agree with the comments on the new site, as to booking sites abroad we go direct to the site it's easy enough to find a site by using the internet search and noemally a lot cheaper to

JollyKernow replied on 11/02/2017 08:28

Posted on 11/02/2017 08:28

Leave the club because their technology doesn't suit you? You could always go back to basics like looking in the handbook and picking up the phone?

I'm not at all into technology but I manage to book all my sites using my free minutes on the phone, but then I like to actually talk to someone.

JK

MichaelT replied on 11/02/2017 08:37

Posted on 11/02/2017 08:37

Wait till you want to amend a booking or speak to them. Their booking system is useless and sites not as good as CC in our opinion but good luck.

SteveL replied on 11/02/2017 10:01

Posted on 11/02/2017 10:01

Seems to work OK for me. I have made several bookings for this year all without any type of problem. As to sites near your wedding venues, I assume you know where the venues are. Search on the map this gives the location of the sites. You can see if any are near your venue. If not that is hardly the fault of the CC, they can't have sites everywhere.

replied on 11/02/2017 10:14

Posted on 11/02/2017 10:14

I wondered if the problem was with the CLs search? 

SteveL replied on 11/02/2017 10:21

Posted on 11/02/2017 10:14 by

I wondered if the problem was with the CLs search? 

Posted on 11/02/2017 10:21

Even that seems to work OK on the map. Now at any rate, and the OP's is a current post. I agree it could do with more names in the data base, as it does not recognise a lot of obvious places. However, all the main camp sites are there, so you can search CL's within 20 miles of each of those. Also main towns like Gloucester, so again you can search CL's within 20 miles of those.

Cornersteady replied on 11/02/2017 10:35

Posted on 11/02/2017 10:35

There are many reasons I would imagine to leave the club, poor standards on sites, wardens being unhelpful, behaviour on site by fellows campers, club sites having poor facilities, the prices being too high or not good value. To me these are the most important considerations above all but to leave because of the club's website is very puzzling. I've booked a number of club sites recently and no problems at all, are you saying that booking all club sites is a problem or overseas? (You do have a full stop in between those sentences). I don't understand the reference to using your current location? You mention booking by post code, no you can't but why not search by map instead? or are you just saying that you know the post code of the wedding and nothing else?

It's your choice but it is puzzling to me that you put a website over the real work of the club which are the sites themselves, and as others have said there are other ways to book.

eurortraveller replied on 11/02/2017 10:37

Posted on 11/02/2017 10:21 by SteveL

Even that seems to work OK on the map. Now at any rate, and the OP's is a current post. I agree it could do with more names in the data base, as it does not recognise a lot of obvious places. However, all the main camp sites are there, so you can search CL's within 20 miles of each of those. Also main towns like Gloucester, so again you can search CL's within 20 miles of those.

Posted on 11/02/2017 10:37

Steve, that way you are only seeing this Club's sites and CLs. If you type Camping Gloucester into Google you will see all those and all the others sites as well. 

replied on 11/02/2017 10:50

Posted on 11/02/2017 10:50

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook