2016 Performance Review

Boff replied on 02/10/2017 07:31

Posted on 02/10/2017 07:31

Just read through the 2016 Performance review as published in this months magazine.  I have a couple of questions. 

1. Great play is made that membership retention has improved (marginally).  Yet I cannot,see anywhere in the article what the current membership number is and what is the year to year trend?   As a membership organisation surely this is a relevant figure. 

2.  Regarding the name change.  The following statement is made.  The Club recognises that a minority of members do not agree with the change.  What are the facts and research that justify and confirm this statement?  Do you actually have any idea if it's a minority, majority or 50/50?

DSB replied on 31/10/2017 18:05

Posted on 31/10/2017 18:05

I'm almost certain that the subject of electric/hybrid vehicles and charging on sites will be discussed again in some arena - that was the feeling I got at the meeting.  

It looks like the long term future of diesel cars is not good, but I think this could very well tie in with advances in technology with regard to 'greener' vehicles.  Consideration will need to be given to this, especially in relation to heavy goods vehicles and presumably advances in technology will enable production of vehicles suitable for towing recreational vehicles. An ongoing discussion, I think, on CT threads and elsewhere?

David 

brue replied on 31/10/2017 18:18

Posted on 31/10/2017 18:18

I would like to have heard a mention of alternative energy supplies to sites, maybe a future consideration?

DSB replied on 31/10/2017 19:49

Posted on 31/10/2017 19:49

Next year the AGM is at York Racecourse.  Perhaps by changing the venue occasionally it will give others from around the country the opportunity to attend.  There will also be a rally on at the racecourse at the same time and the two York CAMC sites might make it an attraction for others to attend.

David 

DavidKlyne replied on 31/10/2017 22:02

Posted on 31/10/2017 19:49 by DSB

Next year the AGM is at York Racecourse.  Perhaps by changing the venue occasionally it will give others from around the country the opportunity to attend.  There will also be a rally on at the racecourse at the same time and the two York CAMC sites might make it an attraction for others to attend.

David 

Posted on 31/10/2017 22:02

David 

If you recall the AGM was always held in London at the QE2 Centre in Westminster. Having been to that Government building many,many times for work related events I was always surprised by the choice of location as it must have been very expensive. I am glad they have started to hold the AGM in different locations and would have been quite keen to have attended the most recent AGM but my eldest son is moving to MK and that has taken up a lot of our time recently. York would be a bit too far for us just for the day. Birmingham  was ideal, as it would be for you!

David

DSB replied on 31/10/2017 22:19

Posted on 31/10/2017 22:02 by DavidKlyne

David 

If you recall the AGM was always held in London at the QE2 Centre in Westminster. Having been to that Government building many,many times for work related events I was always surprised by the choice of location as it must have been very expensive. I am glad they have started to hold the AGM in different locations and would have been quite keen to have attended the most recent AGM but my eldest son is moving to MK and that has taken up a lot of our time recently. York would be a bit too far for us just for the day. Birmingham  was ideal, as it would be for you!

David

Posted on 31/10/2017 22:19

I always found the QE2 Conference Centre in London quite a souless building, personally.  It'll certainly be more difficult for me to get to York, but lime you, I think it's a good idea to vary where the AGM is.  I'll try and make it to York, but it will be a long journey there and back in a day, unless I can get a Sunday off.  wink

David 

brue replied on 01/11/2017 10:47

Posted on 01/11/2017 10:47

No mention of problems, but a general mention of the club's presence on social media. Sites with wifi problems were mentioned. Take a look at the AGM link on this thread for more info.

JohnM20 replied on 01/11/2017 12:21

Posted on 01/11/2017 12:21

"51,000 new households have been recruited since 2011.  Between 2015 and 2016 the Club saw a 7.5% increase in the number of households joining the Club making a total of over 350,000 households.  I believe this is the highest it has been."

The above only tells us how many households have joined, it doesn't tell us how many have left which could be a significant number.

Bakers2 replied on 01/11/2017 13:05

Posted on 01/11/2017 12:21 by JohnM20

"51,000 new households have been recruited since 2011.  Between 2015 and 2016 the Club saw a 7.5% increase in the number of households joining the Club making a total of over 350,000 households.  I believe this is the highest it has been."

The above only tells us how many households have joined, it doesn't tell us how many have left which could be a significant number.

Posted on 01/11/2017 13:05

To me the quote from the club AGM, that is in bold, tells us nothing. Gives meaningless figures.  Why are they quoting the rise since 2011? What was the number of households members in 2011? Why give an percentage increase for 2015 to 2016 but not give a base figure? As you state no non renewals mentioned. Certainly no transpancy in the figures. It appears to me to be one of those meaningless management speak statements ☺. All words are in English but strung together make little sense 😉.  Maybe there is much that its preferred not to disclose??

The invitation to become a member on the C&CC joining page is very welcoming in contrast to that on the CAMC site which just offers £12 a night saving by becoming a member, no real invite to join.

brue replied on 01/11/2017 13:10

Posted on 01/11/2017 13:10

I thought previous membership numbers were quoted around the 370,000 mark so have numbers dropped?

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook