2016 Performance Review

Boff replied on 02/10/2017 07:31

Posted on 02/10/2017 07:31

Just read through the 2016 Performance review as published in this months magazine.  I have a couple of questions. 

1. Great play is made that membership retention has improved (marginally).  Yet I cannot,see anywhere in the article what the current membership number is and what is the year to year trend?   As a membership organisation surely this is a relevant figure. 

2.  Regarding the name change.  The following statement is made.  The Club recognises that a minority of members do not agree with the change.  What are the facts and research that justify and confirm this statement?  Do you actually have any idea if it's a minority, majority or 50/50?

brue replied on 31/10/2017 16:11

Posted on 31/10/2017 16:11

Having just read through the AGM. I note that speeding on site was mentioned from the floor. Also EHU for EV/hybrid vehicles, objection to extra payments from someone who probably doesn't know how little they draw compared to some appliances already in use!

Pollution factors and the future demise of diesel was not adequately debated. The number of caravans being manufactured appears to be going down.

Cl owners asking for more representation and better access to the web site to improve their situation.

Some interesting points in "any other business."

No change in the leadership.

Plenty to read!

DavidKlyne replied on 31/10/2017 16:26

Posted on 31/10/2017 15:43 by brue

Link to 2017 AGM

see here

Those who want to know, the re-brand cost 1.4 million (spread over two years.)

Posted on 31/10/2017 16:26

Brue

Thanks for posting the link, as you say it does make for interesting reading. I did note the very poor attendance by ordinary members at the meeting, 56 joint members, so essentially 28 or so memberships? Whilst it's not everyone's idea of fun it could mean a very few people could over influence Club thinking?

David

DSB replied on 31/10/2017 17:06

Posted on 31/10/2017 17:06

Really pleased that the Club has posted the proposed minutes from Saturday's meeting, and that Martin Stringer got them out quickly.  Thanks to Brue for putting up the link, which I hadn't spotted.

David 

peedee replied on 31/10/2017 17:21

Posted on 31/10/2017 17:21

Yes many thanks Brue and thanks also to David (DSB) for posting information about membership increases.

peedee

JayEss replied on 31/10/2017 17:28

Posted on 31/10/2017 17:28

Is there any way of finding out the actual votes, for and against, for the leadership elections?

i found a way to say how my proxy vote should be used and would be interested to see how it all panned out 

brue replied on 31/10/2017 17:39

Posted on 31/10/2017 17:39

I should also have said thank you to DSB ( David) as your post prompted me to search for the AGM update.

And by way of an apology after Halloween finishes you will have to put up with my pile of pumpkins due to the profile pic section failing to work. wink

Boff replied on 31/10/2017 17:39

Posted on 31/10/2017 16:11 by brue

Having just read through the AGM. I note that speeding on site was mentioned from the floor. Also EHU for EV/hybrid vehicles, objection to extra payments from someone who probably doesn't know how little they draw compared to some appliances already in use!

Pollution factors and the future demise of diesel was not adequately debated. The number of caravans being manufactured appears to be going down.

Cl owners asking for more representation and better access to the web site to improve their situation.

Some interesting points in "any other business."

No change in the leadership.

Plenty to read!

Posted on 31/10/2017 17:39

Firstly thank you posting the link interesting reading. 

But (sorry 😀)

I don’t agree with your comments about the amount of electricity an electric car would take to charge.  Addmitdly an Outlander PHEV has a battery of only 9kwh but assuming a cost of 15p a unit is still going to cost an additional £1.50 ish to charge.  Nissan Leaf seemed to have a capacities of 24 or 30kWh so that could be an additional £4.50 cost  If you are paying £20 per night site fees this is not negligible and I don’t think a Nissan Leaf is a viable tow car  

I also don’t personally think that the club AGM is the forum to raise the issue of the future or otherwise of Diesel vehicle.  Actually I agree with your sentiments about the future of both Diesel and the likely emergence of electric cars.  Just don’t think that they should be charged for free on site.   

brue replied on 31/10/2017 17:42

Posted on 31/10/2017 17:42

It's because we've got an electric vehicle Boff that I felt qualified to give an honest comment. But the debate has taken place elsewhere on CT and I won't be commenting further. smile

Boff replied on 31/10/2017 17:52

Posted on 31/10/2017 17:42 by brue

It's because we've got an electric vehicle Boff that I felt qualified to give an honest comment. But the debate has taken place elsewhere on CT and I won't be commenting further. smile

Posted on 31/10/2017 17:52

I am not doubting your honesty, qualification or sincerity.  I am sure that most likely that EV’s will be the future.  But a discussion more appropriate in another section. 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook