The same Club, just better...

RochelleCC replied on 21/02/2017 08:40

Posted on 21/02/2017 08:40

Welcome to the Caravan and Motorhome Club.

Ever since we came together as a group of outdoor enthusiasts 110 years ago, our Club has continued on a journey of discovery. It's time for us to make some changes for the better by redefining who we are to help you get the most of the great outdoors.

I’m sure you all have lots of questions, please post your feedback and queries in this thread.

What does our new logo mean? We created a video to explain how we created it:

Find out more at www.camc.com/discover

Dickdastardly1 replied on 27/02/2017 08:57

Posted on 27/02/2017 08:57

I welcome the fresh logo and name changes. The club has to at some point develop and enhance its brand, whether it is now or in the future is not important to me.There are going to be members who are unhappy with these changes but as a % of the overall membership it is minimum

The membership and the overall performance of the club is going in the right direction, However, the club realises they have to address how to fill sites from Sunday through to Thursday and how to attract younger people into this lovely hobby of ours. This is why the club management have to consider all options for maintaining the quality of the product they offer!

JVB66 replied on 27/02/2017 09:06

Posted on 27/02/2017 09:06

New name The Caravan Club 1907 incorperating Motor Caravan 1962 incorperating Trailer Tents , Camper Vans and Tents at Dates to be advised during next pointless as this one "Re brands"

papgeno replied on 27/02/2017 09:12

Posted on 27/02/2017 09:12

What about people who would like to have a pitch from Sunday to Sunday or Saturday to Saturday etc..

Dickdastardly1 replied on 27/02/2017 09:14

Posted on 27/02/2017 09:12 by papgeno

What about people who would like to have a pitch from Sunday to Sunday or Saturday to Saturday etc..

Posted on 27/02/2017 09:14

The onus is on the individual to plan well in advance

karenandbill replied on 27/02/2017 09:56

Posted on 27/02/2017 09:14 by Dickdastardly1

The onus is on the individual to plan well in advance

Posted on 27/02/2017 09:56

Sort of kills the spontaneity which was one of the main attractions until it was impossible as of a few years ago when you became unable to turn up at a site or book a pitch for an unplanned break a few days in advance.

DavidKlyne replied on 27/02/2017 09:56

Posted on 26/02/2017 23:57 by Chestrefeldian

Have I missed the point David? Why would there be any reason for confidentiality in the first place? Why not start with transparency in the first place. 

Posted on 27/02/2017 09:56

I think I have answered that more than once. The Club decided it wanted  to launch the rebrand on a specific day (The opening day of the NEC). In order to maximise the impact they wanted to keep it confidential until that day. To achieve that they felt it needed to be on a need to know basis prior to the announcement. It seems that you don't agree with that but it would be interesting to know how you would have approached it if you had been the decision maker? 

David

JohnM20 replied on 27/02/2017 09:57

Posted on 27/02/2017 08:57 by Dickdastardly1

I welcome the fresh logo and name changes. The club has to at some point develop and enhance its brand, whether it is now or in the future is not important to me.There are going to be members who are unhappy with these changes but as a % of the overall membership it is minimum

The membership and the overall performance of the club is going in the right direction, However, the club realises they have to address how to fill sites from Sunday through to Thursday and how to attract younger people into this lovely hobby of ours. This is why the club management have to consider all options for maintaining the quality of the product they offer!

Posted on 27/02/2017 09:57

But these younger people, if they are able to afford to take up our ever increasingly expensive hobby, will almost certainly be at work Monday to Friday so they will not be filling the pitches during those days. They will want weekend pitches, the same as many of us especially if children are involved.

The urgent answer is more sites, more pitches and the conversion to hard standings especially if more motorhome owners are envisaged as being the members of the future.  Wasting money on rebranding before new members can be accommodated is not improving or maintaining anything.

Without the expansion and improvement of the basic infrastructure the increase in membership, apart from collecting an annual subscription, is pointless.

replied on 27/02/2017 10:01

Posted on 27/02/2017 10:01

The Club decided it wanted to launch the rebrand on a specific day (The opening day of the NEC). In order to maximise the impact they wanted to keep it confidential until that day.

Total success then David as the impact was maximised as much as possible.

Phil The Prof replied on 27/02/2017 10:02

Posted on 27/02/2017 10:02

Just a few questions .

How much has changing the club name cost?

The PR company?

Could the funds have been better spent on more gravel for old pitches, toilet blocks?

As for low % members who don't like it.

Well we're away at the moment and no one likes it, so it looks like 100% think it's a waste of money.

Vote ! What vote? No one asked me or anyone I've spoken to. Still that's democracy 2017 style.

Never commented on anything before in my 28 years as a member.

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook