The same Club, just better...

RochelleCC replied on 21/02/2017 08:40

Posted on 21/02/2017 08:40

Welcome to the Caravan and Motorhome Club.

Ever since we came together as a group of outdoor enthusiasts 110 years ago, our Club has continued on a journey of discovery. It's time for us to make some changes for the better by redefining who we are to help you get the most of the great outdoors.

I’m sure you all have lots of questions, please post your feedback and queries in this thread.

What does our new logo mean? We created a video to explain how we created it:

Find out more at www.camc.com/discover

Boff replied on 27/02/2017 07:39

Posted on 27/02/2017 07:18 by Justus2

It is clear that the club is engaged on a mission to recruit new and younger members. I wonder if last years COTY programme wasn't the success that the club imagined it was at the time. Maybe portraying members on national television organising underwear in a colour coordinated fashion and measuring distance between awning and ground didn't appeal after all.... Who'd have thought it eh ? 😉

Posted on 27/02/2017 07:39

The club's involvement in the COTY was frankly completely mad.  The sort of programme that was going to be produced was entirely predictable.  The only aspect that suprised me was that it didn't include an Airstream caravan, I bet they tried to get,one.  The Airstream is btw according to the video Mr Lomas's example of a modern caravan.  

There will be people here that think it was a only a bit of fun.  It was.   But understand there is a world of difference between "laughing with us" and "laughing at us". The fact that the the leadership of this club didn't realise that "laughing at us" was always going to be the result, gives me no confidence what so ever in their ability to actually To chart a way forward for the club.  

replied on 27/02/2017 07:41

Posted on 26/02/2017 23:32 by Rob56Nette48

We have emailed the club within just 2 hours of receiving your email telling us about the changes and raised our concerns and wasted expense and they the CC club have not made any offer whatsoever or even told us or  encouraged us to make a claim!  Just typical, they just said sorry and it had to be kept secret but I do not know why? When everyone who works directly for the CC was already aware!

Posted on 27/02/2017 07:41

You actually got a reply and an apology that you can frame. Probably both so rare in combination that you could auction it to mitigate your losses.

replied on 27/02/2017 07:44

Posted on 27/02/2017 07:44

Sometimes I am grateful that I rarely watch TV Boff.

BlueVanMan replied on 27/02/2017 07:59

Posted on 27/02/2017 07:59

Change happens. Without it we wouldn't have the NHS, MRI Scanners, massively sophisticated vehicles etc etc. As we get older it becomes more difficult to accept change and the demographic of the Club membership perhaps means that there are going to be more non-accepters than accepters. 

Having set that context it saddens me to see how overwhelmingly negative so many posters are.

Lets all resolve to accept the change as a positive thing stop knocking those who are trying to move the Club forward and do what little we can to make the change work. 

There is a maxim in business that if you stand still you go backwards so lets have some optimism and positivity. 

replied on 27/02/2017 08:03

Posted on 27/02/2017 08:03

Change happens. Without it we wouldn't have the NHS, MRI Scanners, massively sophisticated vehicles etc etc.

This is not about a change of name but of an ongoing failure of the club to engage with its members. 

brue replied on 27/02/2017 08:03

Posted on 26/02/2017 18:40 by paulmold

The £14 special rate is for a grass economy pitch without electric.

These are different to the 'tour for £12.50 sites' (or whatever the price is this year, I haven't the new book yet) which are volunteer run sites with electric but no toilet block.

Posted on 27/02/2017 08:03

Yesterday I quoted the tour for less sites on this this thread, here is the link

You will find these sites offer a £14 night all in rate for members (up to four children included) with EHU and hardstandings/grass. Mildenhall is now off the list but the others are still offering a good rate. I quoted Ifracombe as this site is near the excellent family beach at Woolacombe in Devon.

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 27/02/2017 08:11

Posted on 27/02/2017 07:59 by BlueVanMan

Change happens. Without it we wouldn't have the NHS, MRI Scanners, massively sophisticated vehicles etc etc. As we get older it becomes more difficult to accept change and the demographic of the Club membership perhaps means that there are going to be more non-accepters than accepters. 

Having set that context it saddens me to see how overwhelmingly negative so many posters are.

Lets all resolve to accept the change as a positive thing stop knocking those who are trying to move the Club forward and do what little we can to make the change work. 

There is a maxim in business that if you stand still you go backwards so lets have some optimism and positivity. 

Posted on 27/02/2017 08:11

+1, evolve or die. 

replied on 27/02/2017 08:19

Posted on 27/02/2017 08:11 by Rocky 2 buckets

+1, evolve or die. 

Posted on 27/02/2017 08:19

Changing the name of a product is not evolution. Changing the product maybe 

Boff replied on 27/02/2017 08:30

Posted on 27/02/2017 07:59 by BlueVanMan

Posted on 27/02/2017 08:30

Interesting analogy with the NHS.  I think that the NHS is far more transparent and open today than it was when it was founded in 1948.  I am not sure the same can be said about the Caravan Club. 

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook