The same Club, just better...

RochelleCC replied on 21/02/2017 08:40

Posted on 21/02/2017 08:40

Welcome to the Caravan and Motorhome Club.

Ever since we came together as a group of outdoor enthusiasts 110 years ago, our Club has continued on a journey of discovery. It's time for us to make some changes for the better by redefining who we are to help you get the most of the great outdoors.

I’m sure you all have lots of questions, please post your feedback and queries in this thread.

What does our new logo mean? We created a video to explain how we created it:

Find out more at www.camc.com/discover

replied on 27/02/2017 10:06

Posted on 27/02/2017 10:06

Harvey Alexander, Director of Marketing, says, "We know that members' outfits, hobbies and interests are becoming more varied, so we will be working hard to reflect, support and highlight those opportunities. Our new Caravan and Motorhome Club logo has been designed as a tribute to our original membership badge, but with intertwined letters to represent both caravan and motorhome members."

Go figure?? 

https://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/motorhomes/news/caravan-club-changes-its-name-to-caravan-and-motorhome-club

karenandbill replied on 27/02/2017 10:10

Posted on 27/02/2017 07:18 by Justus2

It is clear that the club is engaged on a mission to recruit new and younger members. I wonder if last years COTY programme wasn't the success that the club imagined it was at the time. Maybe portraying members on national television organising underwear in a colour coordinated fashion and measuring distance between awning and ground didn't appeal after all.... Who'd have thought it eh ? 😉

Posted on 27/02/2017 10:10

Yes these new recruits will be all the 30 somethings with disposable income who run 2 year old 4wd's and new caravans. There must be thousands of them out there just waiting for a new club experience to embrace. The same ones who can't get on the property ladder, won't be getting an inheritance or a decent pension. My prediction of tenting with an electric car as the only future of camping won't be far off. The finance houses have seen this and are starting to offer things like personal contracts on campers and caravans in order to make things still affordable. There are some massive changes coming in the next decade and a new logo and COTY will not address them. Too late.

Navigateur replied on 27/02/2017 10:12

Posted on 27/02/2017 10:12

Change happens. ...........  Lets all resolve to accept the change as a positive thing.

What we have just seen was change for the sake of being seen to change something. While horribly expensive, it was possibly the cheapest change that could be made.

Much less cost than any one of:- providing motor caravan sewer grid points at every site; opening the 14 new sites the members need; trebling the number of hard standing pitches; providing up to date ungendered toilet facilities; installing proper drainage to grass pitches; adding tent pitches, pods, wigwams and whatever these youngsters want; running a programme to recruit new CL operators throughout the country; standing up to manufacturers on poor quality design and construction; lobbying for simplification of towing legislation and increase in the five outfit CL limit; etc. 

Please comment with your own priority schemes!

karenandbill replied on 27/02/2017 10:27

Posted on 27/02/2017 09:56 by DavidKlyne

I think I have answered that more than once. The Club decided it wanted  to launch the rebrand on a specific day (The opening day of the NEC). In order to maximise the impact they wanted to keep it confidential until that day. To achieve that they felt it needed to be on a need to know basis prior to the announcement. It seems that you don't agree with that but it would be interesting to know how you would have approached it if you had been the decision maker? 

David

Posted on 27/02/2017 10:27

I think members have also pointed out many times. Secrecy was not the way forward. Involving the members was. The launch date could still have been a star studded affair at the NEC but with a load of happy campers not a load of disenfranchised, confused customers.

karenandbill replied on 27/02/2017 10:31

Posted on 27/02/2017 10:06 by

Harvey Alexander, Director of Marketing, says, "We know that members' outfits, hobbies and interests are becoming more varied, so we will be working hard to reflect, support and highlight those opportunities. Our new Caravan and Motorhome Club logo has been designed as a tribute to our original membership badge, but with intertwined letters to represent both caravan and motorhome members."

Go figure?? 

https://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/motorhomes/news/caravan-club-changes-its-name-to-caravan-and-motorhome-club

Posted on 27/02/2017 10:31

The frightening thing is he thinks that sounds reasonable! Of course the video explains all the alternatives and the decision making process so that's alright..

replied on 27/02/2017 10:34

Posted on 27/02/2017 10:34

I still cannot work out the tribute to our original membership badge. I have tried.

Phil The Prof replied on 27/02/2017 10:40

Posted on 21/02/2017 08:55 by bvmc

Very sad to see money has been wasted on a re-brand of the Caravan Club. Does anyone else think that the new logo is ugly?  

Posted on 27/02/2017 10:40

The Caravan Club

Since 1907 to 2017 RIP

The Caravan and Motorhome Club

From 2017

Ugly Logo? Easily forgotten, it's the worst logo I think I've ever seen. Imagine how many people will say "huh don't know what that is"

Is anyone out there going "Wow that looks great"?

I don't think so.

JVB66 replied on 27/02/2017 10:40

Posted on 27/02/2017 10:34 by

I still cannot work out the tribute to our original membership badge. I have tried.

Posted on 27/02/2017 10:40

Maybe he got confused  did he used to run a walls ice cream van?

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook