The same Club, just better...

RochelleCC replied on 21/02/2017 08:40

Posted on 21/02/2017 08:40

Welcome to the Caravan and Motorhome Club.

Ever since we came together as a group of outdoor enthusiasts 110 years ago, our Club has continued on a journey of discovery. It's time for us to make some changes for the better by redefining who we are to help you get the most of the great outdoors.

I’m sure you all have lots of questions, please post your feedback and queries in this thread.

What does our new logo mean? We created a video to explain how we created it:

Find out more at www.camc.com/discover

Rob56Nette48 replied on 26/02/2017 23:32

Posted on 25/02/2017 21:57 by GodivaNige

Rob, I feel for you but without trying to rub salt into your already open wounds, this forum is not really the place to be making your complaint without first trying a letter, email or call to your contacts at HO.

Best of luck, hopefully the Club will show a little compassion. Keep your receipts for the promotional material you have had made, and send HO copies with your complaint.

Posted on 26/02/2017 23:32

We have emailed the club within just 2 hours of receiving your email telling us about the changes and raised our concerns and wasted expense and they the CC club have not made any offer whatsoever or even told us or  encouraged us to make a claim!  Just typical, they just said sorry and it had to be kept secret but I do not know why? When everyone who works directly for the CC was already aware!

DodgyRog replied on 26/02/2017 23:39

Posted on 26/02/2017 21:46 by

Rog, please stop spamming this thread. There is a good fella. Once is enough

Posted on 26/02/2017 23:39

Apologies if this seems like spam. Just trying to make everyone aware.

A good time to contribute?

Catsize replied on 26/02/2017 23:47

Posted on 26/02/2017 23:47

We hate it and feel strangely bereft. 

Utterly pointless.

Logo looks like a heart charity symbol.

We were at the Chatsworth site and went to the NEC show where it all happened. Why make the name longer?!? Why not add '(sorry, no tents)' on the end?

The wardens had to change the signage whilst we were there. Bugged us every time we drove past.

Chestrefeldian replied on 26/02/2017 23:57

Posted on 26/02/2017 15:45 by DavidKlyne

RKJ

I think you have promoted me above my station in lifesmile I don't know as a fact but logic suggests that site staff would have had to have had prior knowledge as they had to change signage of sites and it has been reported here they distributed goody bags on the morning to members on site to inform them of the change. Likewise I imagine the same would apply to HQ staff as so many elements of the various departments within the Club HQ would have had to prepare for the change. I repeat again I don't know any of that as fact or have insider knowledge but it would suggest if you follow the logic of the size of this sort of change that would be where it would take you. It's worth bearing in mind that whilst Club Staff are contractually tied to the Club in terms of confidentiality I expect CL owners are not.

David 

Posted on 26/02/2017 23:57

Have I missed the point David? Why would there be any reason for confidentiality in the first place? Why not start with transparency in the first place. 

karenandbill replied on 26/02/2017 23:57

Posted on 26/02/2017 23:57

Been reading the comments from contributors and the club. No one seems to be considering the army of volunteers who make the club what it is. The club management seem to think it is a business to do with as they please and us customers can put up or shut up. A lot of contributors think we should all just get on with things. But how do all the volunteers feel? The people who do all the hard work. We are told that CL owners have been left out in the cold too. But telling us members that we are only customers like in the AA etc is just plain wrong. Would there be weekend rallies or the National Rally without people giving up a lot of time and expense for their own and others enjoyment? I would bet they feel a bit different about their status in this corporate empire now.

Sir Bruin replied on 27/02/2017 02:01

Posted on 27/02/2017 02:01

I guess it's true then -

You can't please all of the people all of the time and you can't please some of the people any of the time.

Justus2 replied on 27/02/2017 07:18

Posted on 27/02/2017 07:18

It is clear that the club is engaged on a mission to recruit new and younger members. I wonder if last years COTY programme wasn't the success that the club imagined it was at the time. Maybe portraying members on national television organising underwear in a colour coordinated fashion and measuring distance between awning and ground didn't appeal after all.... Who'd have thought it eh ? 😉

replied on 27/02/2017 07:37

Posted on 26/02/2017 23:39 by DodgyRog

Apologies if this seems like spam. Just trying to make everyone aware.

A good time to contribute?

Posted on 27/02/2017 07:37

That's OK Roger. I understand but did not want to see it go over the top in repetition only to be removed as spam. 

Hmmm I haven't had a Spam fritter for years now I think about it.

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook