The same Club, just better...

RochelleCC replied on 21/02/2017 08:40

Posted on 21/02/2017 08:40

Welcome to the Caravan and Motorhome Club.

Ever since we came together as a group of outdoor enthusiasts 110 years ago, our Club has continued on a journey of discovery. It's time for us to make some changes for the better by redefining who we are to help you get the most of the great outdoors.

I’m sure you all have lots of questions, please post your feedback and queries in this thread.

What does our new logo mean? We created a video to explain how we created it:

Find out more at www.camc.com/discover

KeithandMargaret replied on 26/02/2017 18:35

Posted on 26/02/2017 18:35

Well, that's all 147 pages of this thread read - nearly as hard work as reading 'War and Peace'.

Ironically similar to the thread - plenty of War and very little Peace in the near future.

DodgyRog replied on 26/02/2017 18:37

Posted on 26/02/2017 18:37

To all CC club members,

Having followed this thread since Tuesday this week it has been obvious that there are many members, myself included, who are not happy with the way the 'Club' has conducted itself in the change of name and logo without consultation. Many have said that although they disagree with the changes they feel there is little that can be done. This maybe the case but we must make sure the hierarchy are aware of our annoyance of such a fundamental issue.

In view of this I have started a petition which you can access at www.petitions24.com/red_pennant. To be completely legal you will need to insert your membership number in the box provided along with your name etc. Please be aware that your membership number will NOT be displayed and will only be shown once the petition has ended.

Thanks for your support. (I may need it). Roger Fellows.

paulmold replied on 26/02/2017 18:40

Posted on 26/02/2017 16:31 by brue

The club also offers fixed rate sites, eg a family of six can stay on a club site near Ilfracombe for £14 per night all in, no extras. So that's £196 for a two week holiday.

Posted on 26/02/2017 18:40

The £14 special rate is for a grass economy pitch without electric.

These are different to the 'tour for £12.50 sites' (or whatever the price is this year, I haven't the new book yet) which are volunteer run sites with electric but no toilet block.

exlibris replied on 26/02/2017 18:55

Posted on 26/02/2017 18:55

Nobody asked me! I think the new logo looks like an amalgamation of Mo Farah's celebration gesture and the Mazda car badge. The club also welcomes fifth wheelers, trailer tents and camping on some sites so why aren't they included in the new name? As a member for over 42 years, I for one, do not intend to display the new stickers which have been sent (at great expense?) to every member. Luckily I have a small stock of the old ones.

And what about Centre Flags? yet another expense to replace them as part of this uncalled for 'rebranding'

replied on 26/02/2017 19:08

Posted on 26/02/2017 16:24 by Fysherman

Not when you still have to provide your own accommodation.

Posted on 26/02/2017 19:08

Yep, for a caravan pitch reasonable. 

DaveCyn replied on 26/02/2017 19:41

Posted on 26/02/2017 18:40 by paulmold

The £14 special rate is for a grass economy pitch without electric.

These are different to the 'tour for £12.50 sites' (or whatever the price is this year, I haven't the new book yet) which are volunteer run sites with electric but no toilet block.

Posted on 26/02/2017 19:41

Might be wrong but I think you'll find it's £14 for grass with EHU.

Kim Hickling replied on 26/02/2017 19:51

Posted on 26/02/2017 19:51

Can I ask when the membership were consulted on this, because I feel that our membership fees could have been better spent than on this.  The membership fee is getting rather costly,  for very little return. Well now we know why. Rebranding is extremely expensive and Motor homes have always been members of the club and never excluded.  

As for the logo, it's a tulip in a circle!!!

IanH replied on 26/02/2017 19:53

Posted on 26/02/2017 19:53

Amid all this furore about the changes to our Club, I wonder what the Club Council's view on all this is?

As I understand it, they can influence the Club in its decisions.

Were they consulted? What did they have to say about it?

I understand that one of our regular contributors (and a forum moderator) David (DSB) is a member of the Club Council.

David, I know you are away on holiday at the moment, but if you have time, perhaps you could let us know?

Robeno replied on 26/02/2017 20:05

Posted on 26/02/2017 20:05

A very sad weekend for me ,the first I heard of the name change of my club was on correspondence I received from the Caravan Club.

Typical of the Clubs attitude.

I have paid out over £10,000 over many years for seasonal Pitch 54 

at Broomfield Farm .

Only to learn from the site plan sent to me last week in the rebranded envelope. That this has now been removed from my option in favour of a touring pitch.

I realise the  Club have every right to do this and also change the name of our historical club but where is the common courtesy 

no consultation or engagement with the stakeholders.

unbelievable.

sparky100 replied on 26/02/2017 20:19

Posted on 26/02/2017 20:19

I will be voting off the bord this year all of them

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook