The same Club, just better...

RochelleCC replied on 21/02/2017 08:40

Posted on 21/02/2017 08:40

Welcome to the Caravan and Motorhome Club.

Ever since we came together as a group of outdoor enthusiasts 110 years ago, our Club has continued on a journey of discovery. It's time for us to make some changes for the better by redefining who we are to help you get the most of the great outdoors.

I’m sure you all have lots of questions, please post your feedback and queries in this thread.

What does our new logo mean? We created a video to explain how we created it:

Find out more at www.camc.com/discover

SteveL replied on 25/02/2017 10:46

Posted on 25/02/2017 10:40 by GEOF

This rebranding is a shocking waste of our money. We were not asked for our views and why were we not given a vote on the subject. We should be proud of the history of the club and revere our logo. There are few clubs 110 years old. What we need is many more sites with better facilities. The management of the club should consult all members on wasting money this. As for the delayed handbook - why is it not issued before booking opens in December. Many of us book our holidays for the year in December, so the book is out of date when we come to use it in the following December.

Posted on 25/02/2017 10:46

I thought the handbook was normally released before booking day, but held back this year because of the big announcement. However, as it lasts for two years it is going to be out of date, re prices at the very least, in the second year.

JVB66 replied on 25/02/2017 10:55

Posted on 25/02/2017 10:55

Another reason that grass pitches seem to be in a worse state now than in the past,  could be down to the fact that the tractor mounted equipment that made grassed areas far simpler to keep in good condition,  that in the past was available to site staff, has been withdrawn ,and no sensible reason has been given for that decision,according to wardens i have spoken to,  making it almost impossible to repair compaction and airate  large areas

JVB66 replied on 25/02/2017 11:07

Posted on 25/02/2017 10:46 by SteveL

I thought the handbook was normally released before booking day, but held back this year because of the big announcement. However, as it lasts for two years it is going to be out of date, re prices at the very least, in the second year.

Posted on 25/02/2017 11:07

That has always been the case,but up until the last mid life of the sites directory a suppliment was always issued, but as seems to be recently the Head Honchos at Grimstead did not consider the membership, and decided it was not needed, so to get any updates including the 2016 site fees you had to go "on line"yell

replied on 25/02/2017 11:11

Posted on 25/02/2017 11:11

All part of the service  - vastly improved in line with management requirements and no doubt to reflect members' wishes? 

suffolklad replied on 25/02/2017 11:19

Posted on 21/02/2017 09:12 by RochelleCC

Hi JVB,

The change in name and logo were based on your feedback and in consultation with your representatives on the Committee. Together, we’re embarking on a journey of investment in the future of our Club.

Posted on 25/02/2017 11:19

the changes have come as a total suprise! How much are these cosmetic changes costing and could this not have been better spent on site upgrades?

replied on 25/02/2017 11:20

Posted on 25/02/2017 11:20

Nah, it'll be closed before the end of next week I expect - maybe sooner as management have now imparted the exciting news that members have long awaited!

JVB66 replied on 25/02/2017 11:21

Posted on 25/02/2017 11:21

With the strength of feeling by the big majority of posters on here ,and i understand face ache, you could well be rightwink

rkj52 replied on 25/02/2017 11:35

Posted on 25/02/2017 08:25 by EmilysDad

I agree with ET. I couldn't care one way or the other if you turn up in a motor home, there are some fantastic motor homes out there .... but I wouldn't  want one ..... quite happy with our caravan & tow car.

Posted on 25/02/2017 11:35

I agree with you MM and ET. I have tried both and prefer my car and Caravan, but that does not mean their is anything wrong with with a motor caravan (sorry motorhome now), they all seem equally nice people to me.

replied on 25/02/2017 11:38

Posted on 25/02/2017 11:38

With the strength of feeling by the big majority of posters on here ,and i understand face ache, you could well be right

I never could understand faceache. Seems like navigating through a tropical forest without compass or map and wearing a blindfold

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook