The same Club, just better...

RochelleCC replied on 21/02/2017 08:40

Posted on 21/02/2017 08:40

Welcome to the Caravan and Motorhome Club.

Ever since we came together as a group of outdoor enthusiasts 110 years ago, our Club has continued on a journey of discovery. It's time for us to make some changes for the better by redefining who we are to help you get the most of the great outdoors.

I’m sure you all have lots of questions, please post your feedback and queries in this thread.

What does our new logo mean? We created a video to explain how we created it:

Find out more at www.camc.com/discover

janhsmn replied on 25/02/2017 09:53

Posted on 25/02/2017 09:53

Well have been following this thread and facebook with interest and tried to get answers to questions and failed miserably.  My observation for what is worth is as follows

I started off in the caravan club 50 years ago as a child in the days of gas mantle lights and no heating and spent many a happy holiday in my parents caravan. My parents liked it because it was a bit more upmarket than some sites, no amusements, club houses etc.  Move forward to the early 90's and I took my children caravanning, again using the caravan club for similar reasons, we wanted nice facilities, decent pitch sizes and again no clubhouses, large kids play areas etc.  A quite site in effect.

We are now kid free and in the last 5 years have gone back to the caravan club, with a motorhome occasionally towing a motorbike, again for the same reasons as above. However we have on occasion had to stay in late arrivals until a hard standing pitch became available the next day when it had been raining.  One of my small frustrations is when kids are allowed to cycle at high speed around the site usually the wrong way with not a parent in site. 

We have now gone back to a caravan and I can honestly say I have never felt excluded in whatever we have travelled in.

From the stock answers I have been given (sometimes bordering on rude) from the management, it seems the name has changed and there will be more pictures  of  things but nothing material  is going to alter.  And if the key issues are not addressed then any new members wont stay for long

My wish list is fairy simple and it seems mirrors a lot of other members.

1. a  booking system that means I don't have to take a day off work to ensure I can get a pitch at bank holiday time (we both still work).  Perhaps a rolling 6 or 12 month system may work better.

2. The ability to book the type of pitch surface, instead of getting there and finding there are no hardstandings.

3. Cheaper wifi, if you only go for a few weekends its expensive, this day and age I wont go  anywhere without wifi

replied on 25/02/2017 10:09

Posted on 25/02/2017 10:09

2. The ability to book the type of pitch surface, instead of getting there and finding there are no hardstandings.

3. Cheaper wifi, if you only go for a few weekends its expensive, this day and age I wont go  anywhere without wifi

I doubt the ability to book hard standing is in the offing sadly. They would be first to go and few would be clamouring for grass.

Regarding wifi. Many commercial sites I have been on wifi charge has been around £3 a day (some free but not always available at the pitch). With that in mind £24 a year seems OK if using CC sites that do have wifi

Tinwheeler replied on 25/02/2017 10:21

Posted on 25/02/2017 09:11 by Sir Bruin

TW, I, also, have not noticed any adverse comments directed at motorhomers prior to the announcement. On this thread, I have seen suggestions that motorhomes should be segregated on club sites,  astonishment that they should even allowed in the club and even a suggestion that this whole event was pushed through by "a motorhomer". I'd like to meet that bloke - he must have some clout.  The introduction section of this forum claims that this is a friendly club. Let's see some evidence of that, shall we?

TW, you can pitch next to me any time.

Posted on 25/02/2017 10:21

Thankyou, SirB, we are of like minds.

SteveL replied on 25/02/2017 10:35

Posted on 25/02/2017 08:43 by G Cherokee

Demanding any kind of moneytary figure is fruitless.

If the management thought it necessary to issue some kind of statement regarding figures they would have done it by now.

But the point is they don't need to, they have the last say, they are here to make money the best way they can and if that includes rebranding to appeal to a more diverse group then that's what they'll do.

While at work and your bosses decided to change things. Did they ask for your permission? 

Accept it and let it go.

Close this thread

Posted on 25/02/2017 10:35

Yes but while at work my bosses were paying me. In this case it is the other way round, we are paying the CAMC, we are the customers.

My bosses certainly took notice about what customers thought of rebranding.

SteveL replied on 25/02/2017 10:36

Posted on 25/02/2017 08:53 by G Cherokee

Even if it changes back and forth 20 times, 

WHAT DIFFERENCE WILL IT MAKE TO US ???

Nil, nothing, nada, zilch 

Posted on 25/02/2017 10:36

Well apart from the inormous cost of course.☹️

JVB66 replied on 25/02/2017 10:38

Posted on 25/02/2017 09:21 by huskydog

Yes , but the club has not changed the product ,it's only changed the name ................

Posted on 25/02/2017 10:38

So as the majority have said WHYundecided

The product and name are Known and respected worldwidefoot-in-mouth

GEOF replied on 25/02/2017 10:40

Posted on 25/02/2017 10:40

This rebranding is a shocking waste of our money. We were not asked for our views and why were we not given a vote on the subject. We should be proud of the history of the club and revere our logo. There are few clubs 110 years old. What we need is many more sites with better facilities. The management of the club should consult all members on wasting money this. As for the delayed handbook - why is it not issued before booking opens in December. Many of us book our holidays for the year in December, so the book is out of date when we come to use it in the following December.

SteveL replied on 25/02/2017 10:42

Posted on 25/02/2017 10:42

Thirdly, what do we abbreviate the Club to now? It used to be CC and the other lot were C&CC, but I'm seeing CMC, CMHC, C&MHC, CAMC, CAMHC. Surely in order to establish the brand, it needs to be referred to in a common way and not left to individuals to make up their own versions?

Totally agree Ian, it should really have been incorporated into any logo.

replied on 25/02/2017 10:43

Posted on 25/02/2017 10:38 by JVB66

So as the majority have said WHYundecided

Posted on 25/02/2017 10:43

The same Club, just better... How?? 

As the song says - 'there are more questions than answers'

replied on 25/02/2017 10:45

Posted on 25/02/2017 10:42 by SteveL

Thirdly, what do we abbreviate the Club to now? It used to be CC and the other lot were C&CC, but I'm seeing CMC, CMHC, C&MHC, CAMC, CAMHC. Surely in order to establish the brand, it needs to be referred to in a common way and not left to individuals to make up their own versions?

Totally agree Ian, it should really have been incorporated into any logo.

Posted on 25/02/2017 10:45

CC for me on here. Less complicated keystrokes. 

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook