The same Club, just better...

RochelleCC replied on 21/02/2017 08:40

Posted on 21/02/2017 08:40

Welcome to the Caravan and Motorhome Club.

Ever since we came together as a group of outdoor enthusiasts 110 years ago, our Club has continued on a journey of discovery. It's time for us to make some changes for the better by redefining who we are to help you get the most of the great outdoors.

I’m sure you all have lots of questions, please post your feedback and queries in this thread.

What does our new logo mean? We created a video to explain how we created it:

Find out more at www.camc.com/discover

replied on 25/02/2017 08:54

Posted on 25/02/2017 08:50 by huskydog

Take Woolworths ,they didn't adapt and change and where are they now !!!

Posted on 25/02/2017 08:54

Nothing to do with the name Husky. More to do with what they stocked. 

replied on 25/02/2017 08:56

Posted on 25/02/2017 08:43 by G Cherokee

Demanding any kind of moneytary figure is fruitless.

If the management thought it necessary to issue some kind of statement regarding figures they would have done it by now.

But the point is they don't need to, they have the last say, they are here to make money the best way they can and if that includes rebranding to appeal to a more diverse group then that's what they'll do.

While at work and your bosses decided to change things. Did they ask for your permission? 

Accept it and let it go.

Close this thread

Posted on 25/02/2017 08:56

While at work and your bosses decided to change things. Did they ask for your permission? 

No but they did tell staff and customers what was intended.

IanH replied on 25/02/2017 08:57

Posted on 25/02/2017 08:50 by huskydog

Take Woolworths ,they didn't adapt and change and where are they now !!!

Posted on 25/02/2017 08:57

Well, you know what they say Husky......if you put lipstick on a pig, it'll still be a pig.

It's the product that counts, not the packaging......

Sir Bruin replied on 25/02/2017 09:11

Posted on 24/02/2017 20:44 by Tinwheeler

Bura, I have never experienced anti-MH comments prior to the advent of this thread. I'm shocked but it will not affect me one iota.

Posted on 25/02/2017 09:11

TW, I, also, have not noticed any adverse comments directed at motorhomers prior to the announcement. On this thread, I have seen suggestions that motorhomes should be segregated on club sites,  astonishment that they should even allowed in the club and even a suggestion that this whole event was pushed through by "a motorhomer". I'd like to meet that bloke - he must have some clout.  The introduction section of this forum claims that this is a friendly club. Let's see some evidence of that, shall we?

TW, you can pitch next to me any time.

cjm55 replied on 25/02/2017 09:14

Posted on 25/02/2017 09:14

I am on a site now, and the new sign at the entrance to the site looks like you are entering an industrial unit on a back street industrial estate or the Villains layer on 'Thunderbirds'.

Modern management gone mad ! Members don't need mission statements etc. to know how to enjoy themselves. For transparency the 'entire' costs for this exercise must be published !

You can see why nationally there is the beginnings of a backlash against so called people that think they know better than the general public, telling everyone else what they want !

JohnM20 replied on 25/02/2017 09:20

Posted on 25/02/2017 09:20

My main gripe is that the enormous amount of money spent on the re-branding could and should have been spent elsewhere with much greater benefits to all Caravan Club members.

If there is a, (possibly misguided), perception that motorhomes will become more predominant on club sites in the future then a lot of money should be very urgently spent on making pitches hard standing. Many grass pitches are not suitable for motorhomes and many MH owners don't want a grass pitch. With the trend towards a wetter climate grass pitches are even less likely to be wanted or usable. Even the die-hard grass pitch lovers would not want a churned up pitch.

Last year whilst at Crossways site several pitches had to be taken out of use because they were too wet and, in the words of the warden, 'some of them had been churned up by motorhomes so wouldn't be usable again for some time'. Because of this the warden had to start cancelling bookings. This is a scenario that we can expect to experience even more in the future I believe.

I don't think the decision to rebrand will be changed as it will just double the unneeded expense although what could be changed is the Chairman and Committee at the next AGM.

huskydog replied on 25/02/2017 09:21

Posted on 25/02/2017 08:57 by IanH

Well, you know what they say Husky......if you put lipstick on a pig, it'll still be a pig.

It's the product that counts, not the packaging......

Posted on 25/02/2017 09:21

Yes , but the club has not changed the product ,it's only changed the name ................

Cogit replied on 25/02/2017 09:22

Posted on 25/02/2017 09:22

Having waded my way through this post I feel that nothing new is being said. I'm a caravanner of over 35 years and have nothing against motorhomes. I feel the rebranding is totally unnecessary as my motorhoming friends never felt unable to go on a Club site. The cost involved must be enormous and, IMHO, a complete waste of the Club's funds.

However, looking at this morning's newspapers and watching the headlines on BBC it looks as if diesel engines are once again being further demonised. How long before they're banned or ostracised? This would have a huge impact on the Club - take away all the motorhomes and diesel towcars (I have one myself) off site and what are you left with? Will we have to be rebranded as the Camping Club - oh sorry that's already been done! Perhaps the other Club (of which I'm also a member) will have to drop the word Caravanning from its title!

I haven't yet received the sites book but from this thread I understand that the cover shows a motorhome in the countryside. Presumably it's a diesel vehicle which will go down well with the environmental lobby. Is this the new image the Club wishes to portray?

replied on 25/02/2017 09:25

Posted on 25/02/2017 09:25

Many grass pitches are not suitable for motorhomes and many MH owners don't want a grass pitch.

A view shared by many caravanners as well who do not want grass

JohnM20 replied on 25/02/2017 09:37

Posted on 25/02/2017 09:25 by

Many grass pitches are not suitable for motorhomes and many MH owners don't want a grass pitch.

A view shared by many caravanners as well who do not want grass

Posted on 25/02/2017 09:37

I agree and I'm rapidly becoming more of one myself in view of the increasingly frequent wet weather.

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook