Caravanner of the Year on BBC this April!

RochelleCC replied on 14/04/2016 11:38

Posted on 14/04/2016 11:38

We are delighted to announce that our ‘Caravanner of the Year’ competition was filmed by the BBC and will be on BBC2 on 20 and 27 April!

We hope it gets you in the mood for getting out there and enjoying the summer season on our wonderful sites network.

The enthusiasts were faced with a variety of challenges covering activities such as manoeuvring, navigation, hospitality and caravanning knowledge.  There was also the precision challenge of the Concours D’Elegance which demanded much polishing and primping of their vehicles!

The first programme will introduce the entrants and whittle them down to the three finalists.

Tune in and watch, and don’t forget to tell your friends and family about it too!

Follow us on Twitter @CaravanClubCOTY and like our Facebook page Caravanner of the Year and don’t forget to use the hashtag! #caravanclubCOTY

samsdad2012 replied on 30/05/2016 08:45

Posted on 30/05/2016 08:45

I really feel sorry for the majority of posters on this thread, I read the first half dozen pages and found the majority of posters a disgrace to caravaning. What is it about the CC that attracts such small minded disgusted from Tunbridge Wells types. They have slagged everybody off including the BBC the members of other caravan clubs the staff at the club and Uncle Tom Cobbley and all. The programme was not a documentary about them personally or their precious club. I viewed it as what it was, entertainment, not a deliberate attempt to belittle them, the club or caravanners in general. Some of the things posted here they should be ashamed of. If anything would make me leave the CC or sell my caravan it is their attitude to all and sundry that do not do as they do. To slag off members of The Camping and Caravaning Club the way some have done is appalling. They are caravanners like the rest of us, some good some bad but still share the same hobby. I found the programmes funny and entertaining which was probably what it was meant to do. This is the last time I will use this forum as I have found the majority of posters to be crass, self centred and snobbish. I am really disappointed by some of my fellow caravanners, they should grow up get a life and a sense of humour.

Write your comments here...Well said-but I fear you are wasting your time as it appears some people are willing to drag this on for years as it seems to be the only thing in their sad boring lives that gives them pleasure.

Like you I enjoy caravanning and the forum,but when staff members and participants in the show are being insulted and be-littled by what is a minority it makes you want to give up the CC and leave it to the small minded few who no doubt will be carrying this on for years on this and other forums.

Tinwheeler replied on 30/05/2016 08:56

Posted on 30/05/2016 08:56

Why is it that some posters cannot see the hipocrisy of accusing others of insulting the membership when they themselves are doing exactly the same thing? It matters not which side of the fence you are on concerning the topic under discussion but dual standards are in evidence here.

samsdad2012 replied on 30/05/2016 09:01

Posted on 30/05/2016 09:01

Why is it that some posters cannot see the hipocrisy of accusing others of insulting the membership when they themselves are doing exactly the same thing? It matters not which side of the fence you are on concerning the topic under discussion but dual standards are in evidence here.

Write your comments here...As I said-Like a dog with a bone!

Tinwheeler replied on 30/05/2016 09:05

Posted on 30/05/2016 09:05

Two posts countering hipocrisy warrant that comment? You need to consider your words here.

samsdad2012 replied on 30/05/2016 09:21

Posted on 30/05/2016 09:21

Two posts countering hipocrisy warrants that comment? You need to consider your words here.

Write your comments here...I think it is more hypocritcal to keep paying to remain a member of a club which some percieve to have brought shame and embarrasment them.

Let it go -some of us are bored by the constant criticism of anything new the club tries to do-The programme was a bit of light hearted fun that no one in the non caravanning world cares about.There are more important things in this world than hurt egos.

Boff replied on 30/05/2016 09:29

Posted on 30/05/2016 09:29

I wish that my life was so perfect that the  only thing I have to worry about is some low budget Tv show that was broadcast over a month ago. 

Tinwheeler replied on 30/05/2016 09:41

Posted on 30/05/2016 09:41

I wish that my life was so perfect that the  only thing I have to worry about is some low budget Tv show that was broadcast over a month ago. 

Who's worried, Boff? Not me.

Tinwheeler replied on 30/05/2016 09:48

Posted on 30/05/2016 09:48

Why is it that some posters cannot see the hypocrisy of accusing others of insulting the membership when they themselves are doing exactly the same thing? It matters not which side of the fence you are on concerning the topic under discussion but dual standards are in evidence here.

Two posts countering hypocrisy warrants that comment? You need to consider your words here.

Write your comments here...I think it is more hypocritcal to keep paying to remain a member of a club which some percieve to have brought shame and embarrasment them.

Let it go -some of us are bored by the constant criticism of anything new the club tries to do-The programme was a bit of light hearted fun that no one in the non caravanning world cares about.There are more important things in this world than hurt egos.

Why do you make the assumption I'm going to remain a member?

If you had read other threads on CT you'd know I'm not against change and if you are bored by this thread the remedy is in your own hands. Hurt egos? What are you talking about?

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook