Caravanner of the Year on BBC this April!

RochelleCC replied on 14/04/2016 11:38

Posted on 14/04/2016 11:38

We are delighted to announce that our ‘Caravanner of the Year’ competition was filmed by the BBC and will be on BBC2 on 20 and 27 April!

We hope it gets you in the mood for getting out there and enjoying the summer season on our wonderful sites network.

The enthusiasts were faced with a variety of challenges covering activities such as manoeuvring, navigation, hospitality and caravanning knowledge.  There was also the precision challenge of the Concours D’Elegance which demanded much polishing and primping of their vehicles!

The first programme will introduce the entrants and whittle them down to the three finalists.

Tune in and watch, and don’t forget to tell your friends and family about it too!

Follow us on Twitter @CaravanClubCOTY and like our Facebook page Caravanner of the Year and don’t forget to use the hashtag! #caravanclubCOTY

samsdad2012 replied on 30/05/2016 09:59

Posted on 30/05/2016 09:59

Why is it that some posters cannot see the hypocrisy of accusing others of insulting the membership when they themselves are doing exactly the same thing? It matters not which side of the fence you are on concerning the topic under discussion but dual standards are in evidence here.

Write your comments here...As I said-Like a dog with a bone!

Two posts countering hypocrisy warrants that comment? You need to consider your words here.

Write your comments here...I think it is more hypocritcal to keep paying to remain a member of a club which some percieve to have brought shame and embarrasment them.

Let it go -some of us are bored by the constant criticism of anything new the club tries to do-The programme was a bit of light hearted fun that no one in the non caravanning world cares about.There are more important things in this world than hurt egos.

Why do you make the assumption I'm going to remain a member?

If you had read other threads on CT you'd know I'm not against change and if you are bored by this thread the remedy is in your own hands. Hurt egos? What are you talking about?

Write your comments here...Bored now-goodbye

Tinwheeler replied on 30/05/2016 10:04

Posted on 30/05/2016 10:04

Why is it that some posters cannot see the hypocrisy of accusing others of insulting the membership when they themselves are doing exactly the same thing? It matters not which side of the fence you are on concerning the topic under discussion but dual standards are in evidence here.

Write your comments here...As I said-Like a dog with a bone!

Two posts countering hypocrisy warrants that comment? You need to consider your words here.

Write your comments here...I think it is more hypocritcal to keep paying to remain a member of a club which some percieve to have brought shame and embarrasment them.

Let it go -some of us are bored by the constant criticism of anything new the club tries to do-The programme was a bit of light hearted fun that no one in the non caravanning world cares about.There are more important things in this world than hurt egos.

Why do you make the assumption I'm going to remain a member?

If you had read other threads on CT you'd know I'm not against change and if you are bored by this thread the remedy is in your own hands. Hurt egos? What are you talking about?

Write your comments here...Bored now-goodbye

Yes, that's always a good way to debate an issue.

You have a good day now.Happy

Tinwheeler replied on 30/05/2016 10:25

Posted on 30/05/2016 10:25

It's only 1 jour ago that you said you would never use this forum again!

Not me, Eddie. You're mixing up the posters.

IanH replied on 30/05/2016 13:28

Posted on 30/05/2016 13:28

There seems to be a lot of debate here about something that's apparantly not worth debating......Smile

Tinwheeler replied on 30/05/2016 14:09

Posted on 30/05/2016 14:09

There seems to be a lot of debate here about something that's apparantly not worth debating......Smile

.............Winking

Spriddler replied on 30/05/2016 14:25

Posted on 30/05/2016 14:25

Perhaps members could have fun devising new challenges for next year?

Here's one to kick off:

"Emptying the Chemical Toilet" decide whether or not it should be a timed challenge, or more of a "concourse" event.

They wouldn't have to actually empty it, but could just go through the motions...

Or they could hold a concours event on the 'concourse' Wink  and make a few bob selling platform tickets.

cyberyacht replied on 30/05/2016 14:56

Posted on 30/05/2016 14:56

There are more important things in this world than hurt egos.

Possibly, but if you catch your E-Go on a kerb you may have to replace your motor-mover. Wink

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook