Caravanner of the Year on BBC this April!

RochelleCC replied on 14/04/2016 11:38

Posted on 14/04/2016 11:38

We are delighted to announce that our ‘Caravanner of the Year’ competition was filmed by the BBC and will be on BBC2 on 20 and 27 April!

We hope it gets you in the mood for getting out there and enjoying the summer season on our wonderful sites network.

The enthusiasts were faced with a variety of challenges covering activities such as manoeuvring, navigation, hospitality and caravanning knowledge.  There was also the precision challenge of the Concours D’Elegance which demanded much polishing and primping of their vehicles!

The first programme will introduce the entrants and whittle them down to the three finalists.

Tune in and watch, and don’t forget to tell your friends and family about it too!

Follow us on Twitter @CaravanClubCOTY and like our Facebook page Caravanner of the Year and don’t forget to use the hashtag! #caravanclubCOTY

eurortraveller replied on 29/05/2016 21:55

Posted on 29/05/2016 21:55

Those who took part were genuine good people. Too many of you are mocking and sneering at them and what they did. Stop it. 

countax replied on 29/05/2016 22:11

Posted on 29/05/2016 22:11

Those who took part were genuine good people. Too many of you are mocking and sneering at them and what they did. Stop it. 

No! I have no doubt that they are genuine, good people however when you place  yourself in front of the media all for the sake of your 15 minutes of fame then you have to accept that people will judge you based upon the context in which you appear. The participants volunteered. Most of us would have run a mile once  the concept of the show became clear. They agreed to be part of a programme which, quite frankly, portrayed them as clowns.

Tinwheeler replied on 29/05/2016 22:23

Posted on 29/05/2016 22:23

There was only one clown. Names on a postcard please addressed to The Chairman at East Grinstead.

EmilysDad replied on 29/05/2016 22:38

Posted on 29/05/2016 22:38

There was only one clown. Names on a postcard please addressed to The Chairman at East Grinstead.

is that the one with a wanted ad for a rear panel for a caravan? Laughing

Tinwheeler replied on 29/05/2016 23:23

Posted on 29/05/2016 23:23

is that the one with a wanted ad for a rear panel for a caravan? Laughing

The very same, MM.Laughing

manjr replied on 30/05/2016 08:25

Posted on 30/05/2016 08:25

I really feel sorry for the majority of posters on this thread, I read the first half dozen pages and found the majority of posters a disgrace to caravaning. What is it about the CC that attracts such small minded disgusted from Tunbridge Wells types. They have slagged everybody off including the BBC the members of other caravan clubs the staff at the club and Uncle Tom Cobbley and all. The programme was not a documentary about them personally or their precious club. I viewed it as what it was, entertainment, not a deliberate attempt to belittle them, the club or caravanners in general. Some of the things posted here they should be ashamed of. If anything would make me leave the CC or sell my caravan it is their attitude to all and sundry that do not do as they do. To slag off members of The Camping and Caravaning Club the way some have done is appalling. They are caravanners like the rest of us, some good some bad but still share the same hobby. I found the programmes funny and entertaining which was probably what it was meant to do. This is the last time I will use this forum as I have found the majority of posters to be crass, self centred and snobbish. I am really disappointed by some of my fellow caravanners, they should grow up get a life and a sense of humour.

Tinwheeler replied on 30/05/2016 08:37

Posted on 30/05/2016 08:37

I really feel sorry for the majority of posters on this thread, I read the first half dozen pages and found the majority of posters a disgrace to caravaning. What is it about the CC that attracts such small minded disgusted from Tunbridge Wells types. They have slagged everybody off including the BBC the members of other caravan clubs the staff at the club and Uncle Tom Cobbley and all. The programme was not a documentary about them personally or their precious club. I viewed it as what it was, entertainment, not a deliberate attempt to belittle them, the club or caravanners in general. Some of the things posted here they should be ashamed of. If anything would make me leave the CC or sell my caravan it is their attitude to all and sundry that do not do as they do. To slag off members of The Camping and Caravaning Club the way some have done is appalling. They are caravanners like the rest of us, some good some bad but still share the same hobby. I found the programmes funny and entertaining which was probably what it was meant to do. This is the last time I will use this forum as I have found the majority of posters to be crass, self centred and snobbish. I am really disappointed by some of my fellow caravanners, they should grow up get a life and a sense of humour.

Oh, what irony! That must be the most hypocritical post of the year. 

Goodbye, manjr.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook