Caravanner of the Year on BBC this April!

RochelleCC replied on 14/04/2016 11:38

Posted on 14/04/2016 11:38

We are delighted to announce that our ‘Caravanner of the Year’ competition was filmed by the BBC and will be on BBC2 on 20 and 27 April!

We hope it gets you in the mood for getting out there and enjoying the summer season on our wonderful sites network.

The enthusiasts were faced with a variety of challenges covering activities such as manoeuvring, navigation, hospitality and caravanning knowledge.  There was also the precision challenge of the Concours D’Elegance which demanded much polishing and primping of their vehicles!

The first programme will introduce the entrants and whittle them down to the three finalists.

Tune in and watch, and don’t forget to tell your friends and family about it too!

Follow us on Twitter @CaravanClubCOTY and like our Facebook page Caravanner of the Year and don’t forget to use the hashtag! #caravanclubCOTY

Toppo replied on 01/05/2016 16:36

Posted on 01/05/2016 16:36

We are delighted to announce that our ‘Caravanner of the Year’ competition was filmed by the BBC and will be on BBC2 on 20 and 27 April!

We hope it gets you in the mood for getting out there and enjoying the summer season on our wonderful sites network.

The enthusiasts were faced with a variety of challenges covering activities such as manoeuvring, navigation, hospitality and caravanning knowledge.  There was also the precision challenge of the Concours D’Elegance which demanded much polishing and primping of their vehicles!

The first programme will introduce the entrants and whittle them down to the three finalists.

Tune in and watch, and don’t forget to tell your friends and family about it too!

Follow us on Twitter @CaravanClubCOTY and like our Facebook page Caravanner of the Year and don’t forget to use the hashtag! #caravanclubCOTY

What utter trash, a monumental waste of airtime!.. both the Club, and the BBC have successfully made us all look like very sad individuals in front of millions who already hate us being on the road!Yell

Is this where my  TV licence, club membership and site fees get wasted on?

Don’t forget to use the hashtag! #caravanclubCOTY

JLan replied on 01/05/2016 17:58

Posted on 01/05/2016 17:58

As a long time caravaner, these programmes did nothing for our reputations! I found both programmes embarrassing and did nothing for our hobby.  Hopefully they will not be repeated in future years.

IanH replied on 01/05/2016 18:18

Posted on 01/05/2016 18:18

I used to be a keen windsurfer.....and I got so annoyed when some reporter, who had no knowledge of the sport at all, would start to blather on about people clad in colourful neoprene suits......prats!

I'm now keen on cycling (watching and doing) and get equally annoyed by reporters blathering on about people in lycra......as though that's the main thing about cycling.

So it comes as no surprise that the BBC would concentrate and magnify things like reversing and erecting an awning, as though that is all that caravanners do.

We don't own an awning and I almost always use the mover to reverse onto a pitch.

But I found the contestants fairly pleasant people (like most people on site) but maybe not people I'd want to see every week. 

But the main thing is, we caravan because it's a cheap way to go on holiday and we would never be able to have seen so much of our country (and France) without a caravan. That aspect wasn't covered by the programme......it concentrated more on people caravanning for caravanning's sake (I'm afraid to say......what rallying seems to me Embarassed) and not what a huge number of people do.

I look at neighbours and friends, who have their week or two weeks holiday each year and I think......how sad. We get away all the time. So who comes across as the most interesting?

IanH replied on 01/05/2016 19:40

Posted on 01/05/2016 19:40

I'm thinking of taking up ballet next......don't mess with my tutu.....Laughing

trellis replied on 01/05/2016 20:25

Posted on 01/05/2016 20:25

Neoprene, then Lycra. So tell us about this clothing fetish then, Ian. Wink

Write your comments here...I fear this thread is turning into the Rocky Horror show !.

Kennine replied on 01/05/2016 20:48

Posted on 01/05/2016 20:48

Rocky's not a horrorSurprised

Write your comments here...You might say so TW.  Others might choose not to comment WinkHappyCool

Ewescool replied on 01/05/2016 21:14

Posted on 01/05/2016 21:14

Neoprene, then Lycra. So tell us about this clothing fetish then, Ian. Wink

Write your comments here...I fear this thread is turning into the Rocky Horror show !.

When does IanH wear the fishnet stockings and suspenders then?..

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 01/05/2016 21:30

Posted on 01/05/2016 21:30

Rocky's not a horrorSurprised

Oh, im a horror all right, even more so if it ever gets out I indulge in textual intercourse with all you LV'ing types. Particularly so now the COTY has hit the screens-being a horror is the least of my problemsDon't cry

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook