Caravanner of the Year on BBC this April!

RochelleCC replied on 14/04/2016 11:38

Posted on 14/04/2016 11:38

We are delighted to announce that our ‘Caravanner of the Year’ competition was filmed by the BBC and will be on BBC2 on 20 and 27 April!

We hope it gets you in the mood for getting out there and enjoying the summer season on our wonderful sites network.

The enthusiasts were faced with a variety of challenges covering activities such as manoeuvring, navigation, hospitality and caravanning knowledge.  There was also the precision challenge of the Concours D’Elegance which demanded much polishing and primping of their vehicles!

The first programme will introduce the entrants and whittle them down to the three finalists.

Tune in and watch, and don’t forget to tell your friends and family about it too!

Follow us on Twitter @CaravanClubCOTY and like our Facebook page Caravanner of the Year and don’t forget to use the hashtag! #caravanclubCOTY

Toddys replied on 01/05/2016 12:57

Posted on 01/05/2016 12:57

People of the caravanning world who are getting all high and mighty at what was just a bit of fun and not something that should be taken seriously might I suggest you use the energy you are expending on venting your spleen on this TV programme to have a look around you at the real injustices of the world and put things into perspective. You might even find a cause worth getting het up about!!!

neveramsure replied on 01/05/2016 13:08

Posted on 01/05/2016 13:08

People of the caravanning world who are getting all high and mighty at what was just a bit of fun and not something that should be taken seriously might I suggest you use the energy you are expending on venting your spleen on this TV programme to have a look around you at the real injustices of the world and put things into perspective. You might even find a cause worth getting het up about!!!

I am certainly not taking it too seriously ToddysCool and don’t forget we are barred from discussing serious subjects on this forum.SadSmile

Tinwheeler replied on 01/05/2016 13:08

Posted on 01/05/2016 13:08

I find your post out of order, Toddys. I'm sure we are all well aware of the injustices in the world which can be addressed elsewhere but this is a thread on a caravanning forum discussing COTY. As far as I can see there is only one person taking a high and mighty stance. 

huskydog replied on 01/05/2016 13:58

Posted on 01/05/2016 13:58

Are people still going on about this ??, it was sooo last week , there must be something else we can rip apart Undecided

carvanner100 replied on 01/05/2016 13:58

Posted on 01/05/2016 13:58

Most people in general are quite capable, of doing both 

ABM replied on 01/05/2016 15:19

Posted on 01/05/2016 15:19

Are people still going on about this ??, it was sooo last week , there must be something else we can rip apart Undecided

Well,  there  is  always  the  seat  of  the  postmans  trousers  and  anything  contained  there-in  SurprisedYell

iDriver replied on 01/05/2016 16:06

Posted on 01/05/2016 16:06

Write your comments here...

Hmmmm Its a bit rich to accuse others of being "high and mighty". You assume those who have chosen to use the CC forum to comment upon a CC issue do nothing about 'real injustices"..

JohnM20 replied on 01/05/2016 16:11

Posted on 01/05/2016 16:11

How can anyone be sure that the BBC put their own spin on the programme and editted it accordingly? We can't but we saw what we saw. Perhaps GC and others in CC HQ thought it reflected the serious side of caravanning. I have only seen episode one but didn't notice anyone laughing at themselves about how they messed up, especially GC and his hill climb attempt. Personally I think the whole thing has backfired on the CC and reflected badly on its members. Those that think it was all intended as a bit of fun please present your evidence. The vast majority on CT don't see it that way.

GarryP replied on 01/05/2016 16:16

Posted on 01/05/2016 16:16

Can't be bothered to read all the way thru' thread again, can anyone tell me if any response from the club, and which page I might find it on

Metheven replied on 01/05/2016 16:32

Posted on 01/05/2016 16:32

Those that think it was all intended as a bit of fun please present your evidence. 

I think you misunderstood some of the minority posts, mine being one of them. In my mind the intention by the title was something of a serious nature, it didn't happen so we agree there.

The difference is that it doesn't bother me, I'm not upset by it, I'm not leaving the CC, I'm not asking for anyones resignation, I'm not afraid to appear before my neighbours, I will not wear a mask when tugging in case I'm recognised, I'm not a sad individual and I do not know anyone who hates me ....... well, there is one Sealed

As I have said before, I use the Club for my benefit and when/if that disappears I will leave. After the preview on Youtube I knew what to expect and sat in front of the TV to laugh at the daft antics and was not disappointed in that.

Why you get uptight over a TV programme is quite honestly, beyond me. I shall happily tootle on my way with my 'van' while you all sulk over this Happy

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook