Caravanner of the Year on BBC this April!

RochelleCC replied on 14/04/2016 11:38

Posted on 14/04/2016 11:38

We are delighted to announce that our ‘Caravanner of the Year’ competition was filmed by the BBC and will be on BBC2 on 20 and 27 April!

We hope it gets you in the mood for getting out there and enjoying the summer season on our wonderful sites network.

The enthusiasts were faced with a variety of challenges covering activities such as manoeuvring, navigation, hospitality and caravanning knowledge.  There was also the precision challenge of the Concours D’Elegance which demanded much polishing and primping of their vehicles!

The first programme will introduce the entrants and whittle them down to the three finalists.

Tune in and watch, and don’t forget to tell your friends and family about it too!

Follow us on Twitter @CaravanClubCOTY and like our Facebook page Caravanner of the Year and don’t forget to use the hashtag! #caravanclubCOTY

Metheven replied on 30/04/2016 21:53

Posted on 30/04/2016 21:53

Did I blink and miss a frame Undecided I only saw a partial view of one shoulder and couldn't make out either way. Then again perhaps I missed the revealing shot.

The MH was a rear lounge layout, Dave, with kitchen and washroom between that and the cab. If GC was not in the cab, he had to be on a sideways facing seat in the rear but, as DK said, it is not necessarily breaking the law which is complex. Daft, yes, but illegal, possibly.

Cheers Tinny, that explains and shows my knowledge of motorhomes EmbarassedLaughing

There's no reason why you should have a knowledge of MHs, Dave. If you were thinking of buying one you'd make a point of finding out. Otherwise, why clutter the brain?Smile

Ta, I feel much better now Cool

Sir Bruin replied on 30/04/2016 22:37

Posted on 30/04/2016 22:37

It appears that the general consensus is that we would like CG to resign, issue a public apology and be prosecuted for a seatbelt illegality. We are fortunate, considering other events around the world, that this is all have to get incensed over. Re the seatbelt issue - it would, of course, be necessary to prove that the vehicle was in motion and on a public road when that sequence was filmed.

replied on 01/05/2016 09:53

Posted on 01/05/2016 09:53

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

Kennine replied on 01/05/2016 10:06

Posted on 01/05/2016 10:06

Sir Bruin, you have omitted public flogging, castration, and being hung drawn and quartered; of course if he survives a Royal  pardon would then be in order Happy.

Write your comments here...I'm sorry DD - Your suggestion is, in my opinion, taking things just a bit too far. WinkWink

Cool

Sir Bruin replied on 01/05/2016 10:13

Posted on 01/05/2016 10:13

Sir Bruin, you have omitted public flogging, castration, and being hung drawn and quartered; of course if he survives a Royal  pardon would then be in order Happy.

DD, I apologise for my omissions. I was concerned that I would carried away and lose my sense of proportion. :-)

Tinwheeler replied on 01/05/2016 10:46

Posted on 01/05/2016 10:46

I see the official line is that CC allowed the BBC to film COTY. Responsibility must, therefore, rest squarely on the shoulders of CC as it appears to have been all their idea.

neveramsure replied on 01/05/2016 11:31

Posted on 01/05/2016 11:31

I see the official line is that CC allowed the BBC to film COTY. Responsibility must, therefore, rest squarely on the shoulders of CC as it appears to have been all their idea.

It may have been their idea to invite the film crew TW but don’t you think that the BBC production team heavily edited the event and took the opportunity to impose their spin to show what they thought would be the most entertaining. Unfortunately they were given plenty of ammunition from the organisers and contestants.Embarassed

replied on 01/05/2016 11:46

Posted on 01/05/2016 11:46

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

Tinwheeler replied on 01/05/2016 12:00

Posted on 01/05/2016 12:00

It may have been their idea to invite the film crew TW but don’t you think that the BBC production team heavily edited the event and took the opportunity to impose their spin to show what they thought would be the most entertaining. Unfortunately they were given plenty of ammunition from the organisers and contestants.Embarassed

I'd expect no less from the makers of a TV program, Nevers, and CC should have anticipated the same and insisted on having the final editing rights. Still, CC are proud to admit their ownership of the competition so we must all be wrong in our views of it.Sealed

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook