Member Offer: My Esso Card

RowenaBCAMC replied on 22/11/2018 14:32

Posted on 22/11/2018 14:32

Hi everyone,

We wanted you to be the first to know about a new member offer with My Esso Card. The My Esso Card is a fuel card that provides savings at 1,300 Esso fuel stations to help drive down the cost of touring. Members are guaranteed to save on fuel at every Esso station across the UK with the only consumer facing fuel card.

We are the only organisation within the touring industry able to provide this offer to members.  

What is the saving?

On average members will typically save 8p per litre on premium diesel or unleaded fuel and 5p per litre on standard diesel or unleaded fuel. That’s a typical saving of £5.60 per tank on premium fuel or £3.50 on standard fuel (based on 70 litre tank of fuel).

The saving varies based on the My Esso Card special rate and the Esso pump price rate. In the unlikely event that the pump price is lower than the My Esso Card special rate members are guaranteed to save 1p per litre on the pump price. You can use the My Esso Card to fill up all your vehicles, not just the one you tour with.

There are no fees to sign up and no transaction or processing fees. You can also earn your Tesco Clubcard points when filling up.  

We are also running a competition for members for a chance to win free fuel.

To launch this great new offer, My Esso Card are giving Caravan and Motorhome Club members an exclusive chance to win free fuel. 10 lucky winners will win 175 litres of fuel and another 10 lucky winners 75 litres of fuel!  Members need to register for a card and fill by 31 December 2018 to be entered into the random prize draw.  Winners will automatically have the fuel credit added to their My Esso Card account.

To find out more about this member offer visit My Esso Card Member Offer on the Club website 

rambling robin replied on 21/02/2019 12:38

Posted on 21/02/2019 12:38

My new card has just arrived. I have activated it - just for fun. The numbers in PIN that was generated are ALL contained in the embossed number on the card bottom left. OK there are more than 4 numbers but this is silly - off to the plastic shredder with you my friend!

Rufs replied on 21/02/2019 13:52

Posted on 21/02/2019 11:48 by WillDeBeast

I've had agency cards.  Most had the registration number on them, and could only be used with that vehicle.  A few had my name on, and could only be used by me.

These cards have neither.  And seem to have three of the four digits of the PIN embossed on the front of the card.

The Ts&Cs do not seem to place a limit on liability, even after the card is reported missing/stolen. 

Posted on 21/02/2019 13:52

agency cards i have had, never had vehichle reg on them as i used to drive lots of different vehicles, the esso card has a vehicle reg associated with it and i have been asked for reg when filling up, however, sometimes it has been my OH car, in most svc stations the till person cannot see which vehicle you are in and would never check the reg, so think this is a bit of red herring, and i think the T&C's say it can be used with any vehicle.

I dont think the name being on the card is of any significance, ok if you lost it and it was handed in to say the police it might help identify the card with you, but otherwise another red herring.

seem to have three of the four digits of the PIN embossed on the front of the card.

yes this is a bit silly, but it would take 8 attempts to guess the first digit, think person on till might suspect something fishy, but to get the first digit is doable.

I guess for me we are 95% towards having something half decent, i guess the moto is "dont loose your card"laughing

I probably shouldnt say this, I have never been scammed, and i have lost count as to how many outlets have my credit card details including this club, but never say never laughing

Rufs replied on 21/02/2019 13:57

Posted on 21/02/2019 12:37 by MotorCamper

Received my card today but still awaiting the reply back to my email from the end of January!

I can't say if the pin partly matches the number embossed on the card as I now have no intention of activating it.

If it's of any help, the "Return Address" for Pump King is printed along the bottom front of the envelope containing the card.

Posted on 21/02/2019 13:57

"Return Address" for Pump King is printed along the bottom front of the envelope containing the card.

but is different from the one at the bottom of the letter, i guess one is registered address and 1 operational address ???

Navigateur replied on 21/02/2019 14:06

Posted on 21/02/2019 14:06

From how other members describe the card, I do not think it will be manufactured by PunpKink themselves.  It will be produced, printed, encoded and posted out by a company equiped to make these cards. Een banks and credit card companies in the main don't stamp out their own cards. Hence part at least of the delay in getting a card.

The envelope address will probably be the actual card mill.

antiquesam replied on 21/02/2019 15:08

Posted on 21/02/2019 15:08

I've got my card but I see the Pump King prices are 1p dearer than the local Esso prices which are 5p more expensive than the local supermarkets, so I will probably never use it unless I'm desperate for fuel and no where near a supermarket.

Rufs replied on 21/02/2019 16:26

Posted on 21/02/2019 15:08 by antiquesam

I've got my card but I see the Pump King prices are 1p dearer than the local Esso prices which are 5p more expensive than the local supermarkets, so I will probably never use it unless I'm desperate for fuel and no where near a supermarket.

Posted on 21/02/2019 16:26

check the T&C's somewhere it tells you that you will never pay more or same as pump price, always 1p less, not great I know but betther than a kick in the pants laughing

Rufs replied on 21/02/2019 16:30

Posted on 21/02/2019 15:36 by Wooie

Still not got mine !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted on 21/02/2019 16:30

looks to me like they have been dealing with them alphabetically so you may be last in the food chainundecided

lornalou1 replied on 21/02/2019 20:27

Posted on 21/02/2019 16:30 by Rufs

looks to me like they have been dealing with them alphabetically so you may be last in the food chainundecided

Posted on 21/02/2019 20:27

got mine 2 days ago and I'm a W. ( and not what you think ) sealed

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook