Member Offer: My Esso Card

RowenaBCAMC replied on 22/11/2018 14:32

Posted on 22/11/2018 14:32

Hi everyone,

We wanted you to be the first to know about a new member offer with My Esso Card. The My Esso Card is a fuel card that provides savings at 1,300 Esso fuel stations to help drive down the cost of touring. Members are guaranteed to save on fuel at every Esso station across the UK with the only consumer facing fuel card.

We are the only organisation within the touring industry able to provide this offer to members.  

What is the saving?

On average members will typically save 8p per litre on premium diesel or unleaded fuel and 5p per litre on standard diesel or unleaded fuel. That’s a typical saving of £5.60 per tank on premium fuel or £3.50 on standard fuel (based on 70 litre tank of fuel).

The saving varies based on the My Esso Card special rate and the Esso pump price rate. In the unlikely event that the pump price is lower than the My Esso Card special rate members are guaranteed to save 1p per litre on the pump price. You can use the My Esso Card to fill up all your vehicles, not just the one you tour with.

There are no fees to sign up and no transaction or processing fees. You can also earn your Tesco Clubcard points when filling up.  

We are also running a competition for members for a chance to win free fuel.

To launch this great new offer, My Esso Card are giving Caravan and Motorhome Club members an exclusive chance to win free fuel. 10 lucky winners will win 175 litres of fuel and another 10 lucky winners 75 litres of fuel!  Members need to register for a card and fill by 31 December 2018 to be entered into the random prize draw.  Winners will automatically have the fuel credit added to their My Esso Card account.

To find out more about this member offer visit My Esso Card Member Offer on the Club website 

Wooie replied on 20/02/2019 14:27

Posted on 20/02/2019 14:27

I have still not received my Esso fuel card despite me applying for it on the 7th December 2018 LAST YEAR   !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I`ve had numerous dates as to when i will receive it both from Esso and from CAMC online chat all of which have disappeared into the nothingness of time !!!!!

What have they done with my debit card details that i gave them LAST YEAR  ?????????????????

This is a bleeding joke and if i do ever receive it what sort of mess are they going to make of taking payment for any fuel bought on it  ?

Watendlath replied on 20/02/2019 14:45

Posted on 20/02/2019 14:45

And another with 75% of the PIN on the card - at least I now have one and considering that it was originally ordered on 22 November I suppose I should be gratefulundecided

Watendlath replied on 20/02/2019 14:46

Posted on 20/02/2019 14:02 by RowenaBCAMC

Hi WillDeBeast, The T&Cs have been changed following member feedback. We hope this helps. 

Posted on 20/02/2019 14:46

Should we not have been informed each and every time the T&Cs are changed? 

Rufs replied on 20/02/2019 15:28

Posted on 20/02/2019 13:43 by JVB66

My pin number is also 75% of the number in the left corner of the card

ps when looking for PKs information it seems several "organisations "members are having just as much of a problem with PK as we are with lack of cards or no answers when trying to contact them

Posted on 20/02/2019 15:28

yes, and apparently the club are still promoting this at some caravan show. They should have hoisted a large banner displaying an apology for this fiasco.

I currently have a card that was working last Friday, not sure if it still is, but if information from the club is accurate all old cards will be cancelled this week and new ones issued that were posted Fri/Sat last week. Well Rowena still not received my new card ?????

Christian replied on 20/02/2019 15:44

Posted on 20/02/2019 15:44

we have also still not received our card in spite of applying in December. but in the meantime I have been checking my local Esso garages against the Pumpking prices that I get each week via text and this is rather disappointing. no savings on unleaded (worse off by 3p), a saving of 2p on diesel. and I have to pay for the fuel straightaway (no credit). surprised to read that some people have made savings, this must be for people using motorway service station mainly!

WillDeBeast replied on 20/02/2019 15:51

Posted on 20/02/2019 14:02 by RowenaBCAMC

Hi WillDeBeast, The T&Cs have been changed following member feedback. We hope this helps. 

Posted on 20/02/2019 15:51

Hmm.

The new Ts&Cs do look rather more professional, so a step in the right direction.  But I wasn't notified, which I should have been.

"Pump-King will notify the Cardholder of any changes to these Terms and Conditions with 15 days' such prior written notice."

WillDeBeast replied on 20/02/2019 15:54

Posted on 20/02/2019 15:44 by Christian

we have also still not received our card in spite of applying in December. but in the meantime I have been checking my local Esso garages against the Pumpking prices that I get each week via text and this is rather disappointing. no savings on unleaded (worse off by 3p), a saving of 2p on diesel. and I have to pay for the fuel straightaway (no credit). surprised to read that some people have made savings, this must be for people using motorway service station mainly!

Posted on 20/02/2019 15:54

You're lucky to live in an area of the country where there is some price competition going on. 

Where I live there is a cosy arrangement where pretty much all the fuel stations charge the same (high) price - including the supermarkets.

JohnM20 replied on 20/02/2019 16:00

Posted on 20/02/2019 16:00

Like others (and I guess everyone with the new card) my card has three quarters of my new pin number printed on the front. Whose ludicrous idea was that? I can see no reason for any of the pin code  to be on the card.

We are constantly told NOT to write our pin numbers on cards or anywhere where it could be found. It would only take 8 attempts maximum to discover the correct code should I accidentally lose my card or have it stolen. This is NOT acceptable and, unless it is able to be changed to a pin number of my choosing I shall seriously consider reporting the practice to Action Fraud. How can the club condone such a flagrant breach of security?

WillDeBeast replied on 20/02/2019 16:06

Posted on 20/02/2019 16:06

Whilst I think the new Ts&Cs look rather more professional, I am concerned about my liability should my card be stolen or the details skimmed.  With a credit card I have relevant law to help me.  With the fuel card it rather feels that PK can just help themselves to my bank balance.

Maybe I'm over-thinking it.  After all, it is easy to contact PK to report my card missing or fradulent activity occurring on my account !!!!!!

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook