Member Offer: My Esso Card

RowenaBCAMC replied on 22/11/2018 14:32

Posted on 22/11/2018 14:32

Hi everyone,

We wanted you to be the first to know about a new member offer with My Esso Card. The My Esso Card is a fuel card that provides savings at 1,300 Esso fuel stations to help drive down the cost of touring. Members are guaranteed to save on fuel at every Esso station across the UK with the only consumer facing fuel card.

We are the only organisation within the touring industry able to provide this offer to members.  

What is the saving?

On average members will typically save 8p per litre on premium diesel or unleaded fuel and 5p per litre on standard diesel or unleaded fuel. That’s a typical saving of £5.60 per tank on premium fuel or £3.50 on standard fuel (based on 70 litre tank of fuel).

The saving varies based on the My Esso Card special rate and the Esso pump price rate. In the unlikely event that the pump price is lower than the My Esso Card special rate members are guaranteed to save 1p per litre on the pump price. You can use the My Esso Card to fill up all your vehicles, not just the one you tour with.

There are no fees to sign up and no transaction or processing fees. You can also earn your Tesco Clubcard points when filling up.  

We are also running a competition for members for a chance to win free fuel.

To launch this great new offer, My Esso Card are giving Caravan and Motorhome Club members an exclusive chance to win free fuel. 10 lucky winners will win 175 litres of fuel and another 10 lucky winners 75 litres of fuel!  Members need to register for a card and fill by 31 December 2018 to be entered into the random prize draw.  Winners will automatically have the fuel credit added to their My Esso Card account.

To find out more about this member offer visit My Esso Card Member Offer on the Club website 

NPH replied on 20/02/2019 11:31

Posted on 19/02/2019 10:56 by 5andancer

Finally the new card arrived this morning and I now have my pin, however I hope everyones number hasn't been generated the same way otherwise it won't take a genius to work out what it is. Three quarters of the code is clearly written on the card. Hope it's just coincidence. My next challenge is to try and get through to PK to get it changed. It would be nice to have that ability via the website.

Posted on 20/02/2019 11:31

Received my replacement card this morning (much to my surprise, I must say) and my PIN is also 75% shown on the card. Anyone found out how to change the PIN? I'm awaiting a ring back (!) from PK to respond to my query.
I'm editing this post a few minutes later as I've had a very prompt ring back from PK. Apparently the PIN is randomly generated and any coincidence with numbers quoted on the card (and I'm not talking about the long number, but the three digit number) is just that a coincidence … SO it'll be interesting to find out if this coincidence is more widespread than the two of us who've noticed it thus far …

Fozzie replied on 20/02/2019 12:15

Posted on 20/02/2019 11:31 by NPH

Received my replacement card this morning (much to my surprise, I must say) and my PIN is also 75% shown on the card. Anyone found out how to change the PIN? I'm awaiting a ring back (!) from PK to respond to my query.
I'm editing this post a few minutes later as I've had a very prompt ring back from PK. Apparently the PIN is randomly generated and any coincidence with numbers quoted on the card (and I'm not talking about the long number, but the three digit number) is just that a coincidence … SO it'll be interesting to find out if this coincidence is more widespread than the two of us who've noticed it thus far …

Posted on 20/02/2019 12:15

Just recieved my new Esso card and yes my pin number is almost on the card in the left hand bottom corner.So  i am the third.

At least I have not got to remember it,but how can something like this happen in today's technology and on line fraud ect.

Without contacting Pump King I am afraid this card will not be being used.

WillDeBeast replied on 20/02/2019 13:11

Posted on 20/02/2019 13:11

I notice that the pump-king Ts&Cs have been changed since I last looked at them.

For instance, I note that the minimum of 15 litres and maximum of 80 litres has been removed.  But we were supposed to be notified of any changes!

JVB66 replied on 20/02/2019 13:43

Posted on 20/02/2019 13:43

My pin number is also 75% of the number in the left corner of the card

ps when looking for PKs information it seems several "organisations "members are having just as much of a problem with PK as we are with lack of cards or no answers when trying to contact them

Surfer replied on 20/02/2019 13:59

Posted on 20/02/2019 13:11 by WillDeBeast

I notice that the pump-king Ts&Cs have been changed since I last looked at them.

For instance, I note that the minimum of 15 litres and maximum of 80 litres has been removed.  But we were supposed to be notified of any changes!

Posted on 20/02/2019 13:59

If you were not notified then the original T&Cs are still in place as confirmed by the CC.

WillDeBeast replied on 20/02/2019 14:00

Posted on 20/02/2019 13:43 by JVB66

My pin number is also 75% of the number in the left corner of the card

ps when looking for PKs information it seems several "organisations "members are having just as much of a problem with PK as we are with lack of cards or no answers when trying to contact them

Posted on 20/02/2019 14:00

My PIN also has just one digit different to the number in the bottom left.

WillDeBeast replied on 20/02/2019 14:00

Posted on 20/02/2019 13:59 by Surfer

If you were not notified then the original T&Cs are still in place as confirmed by the CC.

Posted on 20/02/2019 14:00

That's great.  Do you happen to have a copy of them?  Stupidly I didn't save a copy.

RowenaBCAMC replied on 20/02/2019 14:02

Posted on 20/02/2019 14:02

Hi WillDeBeast, The T&Cs have been changed following member feedback. We hope this helps. 

Navigateur replied on 20/02/2019 14:13

Posted on 20/02/2019 14:13

About 10,000 posts earlier somone pointed out that the T&Cs had been ammended to include the 15 and 80 litre limits (without prior notification). Looks like they have been amended again - perhaps back to what they were formerly?

What court of law would enforce them when the overall shambles is considered?

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook