Member Offer: My Esso Card

RowenaBCAMC replied on 22/11/2018 14:32

Posted on 22/11/2018 14:32

Hi everyone,

We wanted you to be the first to know about a new member offer with My Esso Card. The My Esso Card is a fuel card that provides savings at 1,300 Esso fuel stations to help drive down the cost of touring. Members are guaranteed to save on fuel at every Esso station across the UK with the only consumer facing fuel card.

We are the only organisation within the touring industry able to provide this offer to members.  

What is the saving?

On average members will typically save 8p per litre on premium diesel or unleaded fuel and 5p per litre on standard diesel or unleaded fuel. That’s a typical saving of £5.60 per tank on premium fuel or £3.50 on standard fuel (based on 70 litre tank of fuel).

The saving varies based on the My Esso Card special rate and the Esso pump price rate. In the unlikely event that the pump price is lower than the My Esso Card special rate members are guaranteed to save 1p per litre on the pump price. You can use the My Esso Card to fill up all your vehicles, not just the one you tour with.

There are no fees to sign up and no transaction or processing fees. You can also earn your Tesco Clubcard points when filling up.  

We are also running a competition for members for a chance to win free fuel.

To launch this great new offer, My Esso Card are giving Caravan and Motorhome Club members an exclusive chance to win free fuel. 10 lucky winners will win 175 litres of fuel and another 10 lucky winners 75 litres of fuel!  Members need to register for a card and fill by 31 December 2018 to be entered into the random prize draw.  Winners will automatically have the fuel credit added to their My Esso Card account.

To find out more about this member offer visit My Esso Card Member Offer on the Club website 

Rufs replied on 18/02/2019 13:47

Posted on 18/02/2019 13:36 by eurortraveller

A lot of Club members have unwisely rushed to sign up with this start up company too.

Anyway I assume the company has promised to pay the Club commission on sales and so I hope they pay up promptly. 

Posted on 18/02/2019 13:47

but where in the original promotion did it mention Pump King, on the face of it it looked as though the club were introducing this promotion in conjunction with Esso, and as i have said before, Pump King were involved with the Shell card introduced more than 1 year ago.

The original link given by the club directed you to what looked like an official Esso web site, it was only, probably, after thousands of members had registered did Pump King come to the fore.

A very dodgy deal with a very dodgy company, 2 years in the making, put forward to the members by a club that clearly did not do their homework.

StevieMcC replied on 18/02/2019 13:56

Posted on 18/02/2019 12:03 by RowenaBCAMC

Hi everyone,

We sincerely apologise for the delay in receiving your card. All cards were dispatched on Friday 15th & Saturday 16th of February. Members should be receiving their cards this week. 

If you haven’t received your card by the end of the week, please  contact Pump King at dispatch@pump-king.co.uk for card related queries and customer.service@pump-king.co.uk for general queries.

The deactivation of all current cards will be extended to the end of the week to ensure all members have received their new cards beforehand.

Posted on 18/02/2019 13:56

No new card received here... my original card that used to work, was apparently deactivated a couple of weeks ago (surprise surprise - no communication or heads up from the utterly incompetent pump-king), so that I only found out when presenting the card to pay for fuel.  Fortunately, I had other cards with me - fully expecting the scam that is this promotion to fail! 

Pump-King repeatedly ignore emails or requests for information, and I find it laughable and ridiculous that the club continues to promote this scheme, despite this now being something like the 1052nd post on just this thread (not to count the various facebook commentaries!), suggesting the club are well aware that there are serious problems that should have be resolved before endorsing this.

Navigateur replied on 18/02/2019 14:34

Posted on 18/02/2019 14:34

I assume the company has promised to pay the Club commission on sales and so I hope they pay up promptly.

The payments to the Club are likely to be based on the number of members that join up and then actually make purchases. The payout may well be triggered by something such as the fifth time the card is used. So the Club may not be getting the Golden Egg they have been expecting but just the same brown and smelly deposit that is being dumped on the members.

Mitsi Fendt replied on 18/02/2019 15:20

Posted on 18/02/2019 15:20

No new card received yet and if it does not arrive I wont be chasing them either.  My wife today bought unleaded at 1.14 per litre, pump king price this week 1.19. at Applegreen in Bridgend. Need I say more? 

Shockabilly replied on 18/02/2019 15:20

Posted on 18/02/2019 15:20

Well, I had the text stating categorically that I would have my Esso Card delivered at the latest by today...no surprises, it hasn't arrived!

Not that I'll be using it (if indeed it ever makes an appearance)...I've cancelled my card details as frankly, I have no trust in such a dodgy company whatever they are called.

Justus2 replied on 18/02/2019 15:36

Posted on 18/02/2019 15:36

I had intended to use the Esso card whilst we were away in the van but found that a nearby Asda was a full 3p a litre cheaper for diesel than this week's texted price..pumpkin will need to lower the price before I consider using it again.. If I get a card, and if I get a login that allows me to change the card number.. 😏

BlueVanMan replied on 18/02/2019 18:11

Posted on 05/02/2019 18:14 by brue

Braintree do exist, Paypal bought them out a few years ago.

Posted on 18/02/2019 18:11

I think just as a trading name but not as an entity in its own right aka a legal persona. Companies big and small are can be quite naughty about clearly disclosing who they are who they are.

brue replied on 18/02/2019 18:18

Posted on 18/02/2019 18:18

These are off shoots of global companies. Here's a LINK but it's all out there on the web. I don't think this part of the set up is the problem something appears to have gone wrong nearer to the ground.

HollysPack replied on 18/02/2019 18:18

Posted on 18/02/2019 12:03 by RowenaBCAMC

Hi everyone,

We sincerely apologise for the delay in receiving your card. All cards were dispatched on Friday 15th & Saturday 16th of February. Members should be receiving their cards this week. 

If you haven’t received your card by the end of the week, please  contact Pump King at dispatch@pump-king.co.uk for card related queries and customer.service@pump-king.co.uk for general queries.

The deactivation of all current cards will be extended to the end of the week to ensure all members have received their new cards beforehand.

Posted on 18/02/2019 18:18

We'll,my card hasn't arrived, so I'm cancelling the debit card on the account.

i wouldn't trust this bunch of clowns further Thani could throw them.

if something goes wrong, you have no chance!

Goodbye!

nelliethehooker replied on 18/02/2019 19:55

Posted on 18/02/2019 11:15 by JVB66

Just to put things in perspective the CC are only one of several "clubs" that have been drawn in by all the Hype that seems has been as a lot of "Great Deal for your members" have been "sold " by this company to what seems as usual, Gullible (blue sky thinking) marketing departmentssurprised

Posted on 18/02/2019 19:55

So who did the "due process" that should have been carried out before such a scheme as this was entered into and promoted by the CC?

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook